Can ebay see computer name? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 11-29-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 86%
Default Re: Can ebay see computer name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoonVoo View Post
I never saw that insist to spread false information, so paypal and ebay do not get any info from your computer name :D .... OK, what do i know?!!! I will leave all the knowledge for you...

But if you have a website you can do this:

If you are on static, then use Request.ServerVariables("REMOTE_HOST"). Then just use your Static IP Tables to do the host lookup.

If you are on DHCP, then you need to delve into Authentication Methods.Try turning off Anonymous Access to your website and use either BASIC, DIGEST, or INTEGRATED WINDOWS accounts. That will return the information you are looking for.

or if you want to educate yourself you can read this:

JavaScript Visitor IP Address and Host Name

or this ( read the comments on this page till the end please )

How to get user’s IP and computer name using PHP

or you can simply google it, its not new PHP way it is actually an old one

and finally for all who ran them mouth :D have a nice day
Before you copy and paste something from another you should at least read and interpret what it's saying yourself first before just posting them out of context without knowing what's going on. The PHP functions you've posted has absolutely nothing to do with getting your actual computer name, they will return the host name of your IP address (aka what ISP issued this IP address) which is completely irrelevant to the subject and for tracking. The only ways to actually get someone's computer name is by NetBIOS, and this isn't something that can be done by websites, and it requires the source to have access behind your firewall first.

Last edited by BiN4RY; 11-29-2013 at 12:02 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BiN4RY For This Useful Post:
An0nym0u$ (11-29-2013), JamesNorth101 (11-29-2013), joesshooze (11-29-2013)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-29-2013

Longevity: 64%

I really appreciate hearing from somebody that obviously knows what he is talking about. Thank you BiN4RY.
Old 11-29-2013

Longevity: 69%
Send a message via MSN to ZoonVoo Send a message via Yahoo to ZoonVoo Send a message via Skype™ to ZoonVoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiN4RY View Post
Before you copy and paste something from another you should at least read and interpret what it's saying yourself first before just posting them out of context without knowing what's going on. The PHP functions you've posted has absolutely nothing to do with getting your actual computer name, they will return the host name of your IP address (aka what ISP issued this IP address) which is completely irrelevant to the subject and for tracking. The only ways to actually get someone's computer name is by NetBIOS, and this isn't something that can be done by websites, and it requires the source to have access behind your firewall first.
NetBios?!!! nope Netbios that where paypal and ebay can store cookies that is why from time to time you need to flash it

Firewall?!! very funny thats explain why you did not understand my post, I think you need to read more about PHP then you can be rude.

Now before you run your big mouth again you need to lighten us how ebay and paypal do not get the computer name

AVS card ( PayPal, Ebay, Amazon, Moneybookers...etc ) $10..Min order 5 cards
VBA to verify US PayPal.....$9 ... Min order 5 VBAs
Old 11-30-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Bottom line is even if EBay does or doesn't it really isn't affecting anyone at this point. To be honest even if they are tracking computer names it isn't enough for them to care. If they really want to get us all they have to do is force us to give up SSN!
Old 11-30-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoonVoo View Post
NetBios?!!! nope Netbios that where paypal and ebay can store cookies that is why from time to time you need to flash it

Firewall?!! very funny thats explain why you did not understand my post, I think you need to read more about PHP then you can be rude.

Now before you run your big mouth again you need to lighten us how ebay and paypal do not get the computer name
I officially believe you're just trolling us now

Last edited by BiN4RY; 11-30-2013 at 02:00 AM.
Old 11-30-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

How about this,,,Ebay or Paypal does NOT need to know your computer Name in order for them to positively ID your machine,,,The company that creates all of Ebay, Paypal and even Amazon cyber Security protocols (Home | Palantir) has developed a Browser Id Method that is incredibly accurate, not to mention other methods like user Profiles,,,They could give a Sh^t what the computers Name is,,They know a computers name can be easily changed,,,so honestly what is the real Value if you know it or not?
Old 11-30-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh wat ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old 11-30-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

no but seriously how do any of us run multi accs on same computer if this is true. A few have gone down over the years, they would pull the rest down and that has not happened since starting to not make the basic non-stealth mistakes like cookies, ip etc.
Old 11-30-2013

Longevity: 64%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
Bottom line is even if EBay does or doesn't it really isn't affecting anyone at this point. To be honest even if they are tracking computer names it isn't enough for them to care. If they really want to get us all they have to do is force us to give up SSN!
Sad but true because that would be the day we are all out of business. Imagine what that could do to eb & pp bottom line? Yeah, devastating to everyone.

All the IT technical stuff aside, common sense tells me that this is not possible for a website to access **** in my computer. It can only take advantage of the information I provide to it. Cookies & IP address. It can not go anywhere. So you guys can have fun debating over it because honestly I don't have the technology to know. I do have common sense and when all else fails try that?

Last edited by joesshooze; 11-30-2013 at 12:27 PM.