eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Tracking (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/)
-   -   tried to buy vps but got a lot of questions what for I need it (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/68625-tried-buy-vps-but-got-lot-questions-what-i-need.html)

annamaria 12-29-2013 12:29 PM

tried to buy vps but got a lot of questions what for I need it

hi there,
as the title.

I tried to buy UK's vps from Poland without success.
the point is that provider of vps started to asking question what for I need it, as my original ip is from Poland but paid for UK vps by english card.
I am a bit confused because I didn't know what to answer. I don't know to much about vps, and what is more I don't know what is the proper answer for that kind of question.

any advice please...

thanks in advance

nivo 12-29-2013 01:08 PM

Re: tried to buy vps but got a lot of questions what for I need it

I do not want to say it sounds like scam, but I can guarantee he is worried about stuff falling back on him, as you have cards in other countries, your ip is from where ever, and you want a vps in a different country.

Tell him it is for work. Unless you are planning to put them at risk, there is no need for them to know. Anyway, eBay IS work :)

ZoonVoo 12-29-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by annamaria (Post 514934)
hi there,
as the title.

I tried to buy UK's vps from Poland without success.
the point is that provider of vps started to asking question what for I need it, as my original ip is from Poland but paid for UK vps by english card.
I am a bit confused because I didn't know what to answer. I don't know to much about vps, and what is more I don't know what is the proper answer for that kind of question.

any advice please...

thanks in advance

That is normal, sometimes they request to call you to confirm identity, some of them like to see everything is matching, address, IP, Credit card....etc
but some of them they careless, I think you choose the hardest one, you can tell them that was my payment if you not happy with that you can refund and move on with anther company

annamaria 12-29-2013 01:14 PM

thank you for reply. yes he said something about fraud, and mass email storage or something like that.
I am not good with that kind of things, so I didn't even know what to reply, if I said it is for work, he might be asking and asking...
thank you for your help

oompaloompa 12-30-2013 04:17 PM

alot of poland/UK crossers, homes in both places, tell him it is due to getting flagged if you want to access different your one country acc from wrong country.......which is true.
Alot of people also have overseas freelancers manage their ebay businesses.

livingdaylight 01-04-2014 10:05 PM

Shouldn't need to answer questions other than if they have a lot of packages and the salesperson is merely determining your needs from that point of view.

You should be asking them the questions.
Where are they legally based? i.e. are they legally obliged to provide logs. If they're based in Seychelles for e.g. they don't a USA or Uk based one - NSA - hello?!
Do they keep logs? They shouldn't have to if they're located in good off-shore /out of reach place.

Do they provide fixed IP?
Encryption?
Which os's do they support? Linux/osx/windows/iphone/android
What payments do they take? regular as well as the more exotic payments? Bitcoin?

There are so many good VPN's out there that meet these kind of criteria. Why get vibed out by amateurs in Poland, which is what they sound like.

annamaria 01-05-2014 12:55 PM

hello thank you for reply
it is UK vps from UK , not from Poland