Cross border trading issue or linked......what do u think? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 01-05-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
Default Cross border trading issue or linked......what do u think?

Hi......any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Im have 3 ebay accounts all opened in different names, different user a/c's in windows, ip address's reset when i log into the next account. All of them were set up in the UK, but im in Thailand for most of the year. One has been going nicely for just over a year and the other 2 just sat waiting stand-by for the last 3 months. Until yesterday when i tried to sell on one of the dormant a/c's. I received this message -

Attention !
In order to ensure a safe marketplace for all, eBay will periodically review the accounts of members who are actively trading with multiple userids. While we do this, we are placing a short hold on your accounts. At this time, please contact eBay Customer Support at cbtquestions ebay.com and provide a list of all of your eBay userids. We will review your account(s) and contact you to let you know when the hold has been lifted or if we need additional information. Thank you. now after reading the forum I know this has come up b4. but just a couple of things maybe someone can help shed some light on.

- the a/c's were on the same paypal & i see that at the moment everyone is advised to have 1 ebay = 1 paypal...........but i have had this paypal 5 years and have gone through maybe 10 ebay a/c's that have been suspended eventually, but was always able to open a new ebay account and carry on. is this a very recent change with paypal?

- is it worth contacting them and playing innocent about another a/c? sounds far fetched i know, but when i returned to thailand a few months ago, my main account was blocked (due to logging on in a new country)...I could not complete the tel. verification, so i had to live chat with them. Everything was ok in the end, but he did ask me a few times weather I had any other user id's, which I just denied and no more was said about!.........do you think that this may just be a cross-border trading issue( flagged because a/c is fairly new & foreign ip address) or they really have linked my other accounts?

- whats the best thing to do with the other stand-by account?..........I do have another paypal(thai) but that has had 2 thai ebay a/c's suspended b4.............don't want to burn that as well if possible.

sorry if i this turned into a bit of a ramble..........maybe too much thai whisky(again) last night.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-10-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%

You did correct thing setting up accounts in UK, are you listing with auctiva, easiest way.

I think you are linked with suspended accounts most likely, second most likely is whether Thai ip flagged you, maybe, many ebayers do what you do and no probs, but I dont know about Thailand.

2 ebay to 1 paypal shouldnt mean getting problems, not heard of this muliple user id thing being investigated, unless the 2 ebay accounts had conflicting info. If you denied having multiple users thats ok as long as flash objects removed online or on different user to talk to them, right?

And keep off the whisky, you need your concentration for all those ids

Last edited by oompaloompa; 04-10-2009 at 02:37 PM.