Cheap Tablet for Verizon - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 09-28-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
Default Cheap Tablet for Verizon

I'm trying to add verizon mifi to my laptop. I saw that the "jetpack" was $60 for 4gb, while the "tablet" was $40/month (They anticipate tablets users use less data, but I think I could use a tethering app on the device so I use my laptop using the tablet's plan.). Their tablets, however, cost north of $200. Are there cheap tablets out there that I could use with Verizon's mifi at the tablet price? I've found verizon tablets on Craigslist, but one takes a mini-sim (Thought verizon mifi was CDMA?) and it's 'never been used with verizon', so I'm not sure if I could use it with verizon even though it has the "4G LTE" logo on it?

Seems like shopping for a tablet for verizon is not as easy as shopping for a device with tmobile; t-mobile accepts pretty much any device that takes a SIM. Verizon seems a bit more restrictive, as the lack of Amazon search results suggests.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-01-2015
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Cheap Tablet for Verizon

Just bought a used last-gen Samsung Galaxy Tablet for $100 on Amazon. It's the only one I could find that had "4g LTE verizon" capability that had a used market value below $100 and wasn't a complete piece of crap like the $50 ellipsis 7. Seems that "4g lte verizon"-capable tablets, though exist, aren't that common and are almost universally >$130 on the used market (Motorola XOOM, galaxy Tab, and Ipads seem to be the only contenders, outside the infamous Ellipsis tablets from Verizon.). This particular galaxy was the only exception I found.

I also didn't trust the Ellipsis because it was Verizon's own tablet, and who knows what complications it might have with the tethering apps out there being Verizon's own tablet. (Also, too many reports of "My tablet died 2 months later". I can't help but feel when there's a lot of failed products in a brand, many of those turn up in the online used markets posing as working. I've had too many broken used cell phones off of ebay to trust used electronics online, generally speaking.)

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 - SCH-I905

Last edited by swbluto; 10-01-2015 at 01:31 AM.
Old 10-01-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 10%
Longevity: 76%

For portability, buying just the tablet with an internal modem is the best. But, for functionality and price, picking up a Verizon MiFi from sellers on here or on EB and then pairing it with a cheap tablet of your choice is the best bet. For example, I just picked up an Asus tablet from Gamestop for $40. They had a 7" and 8", but both are using the same specs so I wanted to try the smaller one hoping it might do a bit better on battery life with the smaller screen. Anyways, it's the best cheap tablet I've ever used. These Memo Pads were close to $100 at Best Buy before this clearance sale at Gamestop. I'm always looking to play with nice tablets that eventually go on sale for 50% off or more. You basically have a device that works great, but you don't mind if you destroy it at the same time.
Old 10-01-2015
Threadstarter  

If you pick up a mifi router for the tablet, I believe you're paying verizon's so-called "jetpack" price which is $60/month for 4GB rather than the tablet price of $40. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 10-01-2015
MU

Longevity: 52%

If you are looking for cheap tablet, i know that you can find some cheap and quite good models at aliexpress.com
Old 10-01-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by swbluto View Post
If you pick up a mifi router for the tablet, I believe you're paying verizon's so-called "jetpack" price which is $60/month for 4GB rather than the tablet price of $40. Correct me if I'm wrong.
go look at balsero's selling thread and also on EB for Verizon MiFi flashed 2200. i'm not talking about the normal plans they advertise
Old 10-01-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewy View Post
If you are looking for cheap tablet, i know that you can find some cheap and quite good models at aliexpress.com
Aliexpress + Cheap + Tablet = not exactly the right combo. I would recommend anyone get a decent tablet like a Samsung or even a IPad.

I've tried those cheap tablets and they are exactly that...cheap quality, slow, out-dated, you break the screen and it's junk.
Old 10-01-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Old 10-01-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
go look at balsero's selling thread and also on EB for Verizon MiFi flashed 2200. i'm not talking about the normal plans they advertise
Thanks, I'm asking him for a quote in his thread.
Old 10-02-2015
Threadstarter  

This sucks. It turns out my distrust for used electronics online has just been more than verified. I bought a "trusthworthy brand" from a "trusthworthy seller" on Amazon and it won't even turn on, even when plugged in. Well, I guess I'll absolutely never buy used electronics online at this point - I was /hoping/ it was just a problem with used /cellphones/, but I guess it's pretty much true of used /everything/.

Time to file an A-Z return. Thank god for this forum for making me aware such a thing existed, and that it such a bane to sellers. Maybe the seller will be buying the ghost amazon book in the near future, lol.

On second thoughts, I should give him the benefit of the doubt and at least google this issue first. Maybe there's something I'm overlooking/not-aware-of.

Can't file it until tomorrow, hope for his sake I get this solved before then.

Last edited by swbluto; 10-02-2015 at 01:42 PM.
Old 10-02-2015
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 4%
Longevity: 91%

I'm using an Acer Aspire SW5-012 with a 4G Verizon Jetpack. The Acer Aspire 10" screen can disconnect from the keyboard and become a tablet. I love it.
Old 10-02-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by swbluto View Post
This sucks. It turns out my distrust for used electronics online has just been more than verified. I bought a "trusthworthy brand" from a "trusthworthy seller" on Amazon and it won't even turn on, even when plugged in. Well, I guess I'll absolutely never buy used electronics online at this point - I was /hoping/ it was just a problem with used /cellphones/, but I guess it's pretty much true of used /everything/.

Time to file an A-Z return. Thank god for this forum for making me aware such a thing existed, and that it such a bane to sellers. Maybe the seller will be buying the ghost amazon book in the near future, lol.

On second thoughts, I should give him the benefit of the doubt and at least google this issue first. Maybe there's something I'm overlooking/not-aware-of.

Can't file it until tomorrow, hope for his sake I get this solved before then.
fatwallet and slickdeals keep pumping "deals" from 2 EB sellers who pawn refurbs and used devices as brand new. one seller has like 80,000 feedback and the other has 100,000 or something. there are negative and neutral feedbacks all over their accounts of the fra.udulent activity they engage in, but EB does nothing to them. you are not dreaming...there are a ton of sellers out there passing off broken/damaged refurbs as BRAND NEW or in like new (working) condition and selling absolute garbage and getting away with it.
Old 10-03-2015
Threadstarter  

The seller wants me to pay return postage and they'll reimburse me later, so she says.

Wow, she actually wants me to trust them when they sold me a completely defective product described as in "Good condition"? Uhhh, no thank you. Give me a return label like everyone else or I'm filing an A-Z return in 2 days, that's your two options. Credit card chargeback as a last resort.

I'm not accommodating to the cheaters in this world.

My revised used electronics purchase strategy...

I will interview EVERY potential seller from now on, regardless of how good their feedback looks.

1) Does your product work? Does it turn on?
2) Are there any functional issues like the touchpad doesn't work 100% or other issues?
3) Any battery issues?
4) Do you offer refunds if the product is defective?

Sellers who don't answer obviously won't get my dollars.

Last edited by swbluto; 10-03-2015 at 07:29 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to swbluto For This Useful Post:
unkown5454 (10-03-2015)
Old 10-05-2015
Threadstarter  

She failed to send a return label like she promised so I filled out the A-Z return claim. Now Amazon's going to review it and, hmmm, I'm thinking she might be in hot water soon! lol. We'll see.
Old 10-06-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,244 Times in 705 Posts
Longevity: 79%

That sucks, but luckily you got it on amazon so they'll def take care of everything for you