Trying to open an ETSY account - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 01-28-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 76%
Default Re: Trying to open an ETSY account

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenohki View Post

But I'm one of the little guys, I literally do everything in my business and since its et.sy that includes making the product, no one else helps me and I don't make as much money as some of you because of it, for me it felt like there was a lot riding on it. A lot of effort and money wasted if it didn't pay off, so I can understand why people want to ask the same question and get their own reassurances. And I guess some people want answers tailored to their own personal situation. Everyone's method is different, we all know what works for some doesn't work for others.

and why is it you think you are the only one in this situation? this is business and you have to take risks. we all do. only the strongest and most persistent will survive. everyone in the world isn't meant to be a successful entrepreneur
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-29-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
and why is it you think you are the only one in this situation? this is business and you have to take risks. we all do. only the strongest and most persistent will survive. everyone in the world isn't meant to be a successful entrepreneur
Lol I never said I thought I was the only one. But I know from reading some of the ebay side that forum members do employ people. And in one example Gladiator has mentioned how much money he may have poured into his research and testing. I'm envious, it's money I don't have to burn at some times of the year, and the times of year I do have it I don't have the time to give such plans. I'm probably going about it all the wrong way, and I know some people may laugh and scoff at my methods, but I like the way I work. I live quite comfortably and want to keep it this way.

Lol in fact I even said i was one of, implying there is more than one. Not the only one. Man people can come across so tetchy on these forums, or is it just me?

I was hinting more at that I know others may have been in the situation I was once. When you live comfortably on your creations and your income is suddenly taken away, stealth looks like a huge risk which perhaps you can't afford when your rent is due. And trying to justify it to your other half isn't always easy. So you want to make sure it's right, and have those reassurances. Maybe even to reassure your partner. I know my ex would never have let me pick up stealth, he tried to push me into working on tills at the local super market instead. It satisfying when you start to make more than your ex does

Last edited by zenohki; 01-29-2017 at 05:48 AM.
Old 08-17-2018

Longevity: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenohki View Post
I take it you don't look through the Et.sy section here very thoroughly lol

There are a few of us who have successful Et.sy stealths, I have about 5 going at the moment.

For some they are more likely to be shut down than say an Eb.ay account. But it depends on what you are flagged on. Et.sy are less strict on late deliveries and defects, but vero and competitors report at a higher rate.

A lot of countries and a few states do not operate paypal on Et.sy, but from what I've seen there are some states where pay.pal is still accepted. Just needs some research.

Good luck
What is the best way to open a stealth account?
Old 09-10-2018

Longevity: 40%

If any one of the 5 successful people who have made a stealth account help me make on ne that would be amazing. Just lost my account and I've been in a deep depression. I guess it's like they say, d"ont do the crime if you cant do the time."
Old 09-11-2018

Longevity: 85%

@RCSStank - do you mind giving us a background of what happened, or what you were selling ? There are many things to not do with Etsy, e.g. not pay bill or list many things all at once.
Old 09-11-2018

@wilburnet - Hey there. I unfortunately got banned for selling copy writed products. I knew going in you obviously cant do that, but so many ppl on etsy use characters and logos of popular movies, and tv shows and some how I got banned before them. Now I want to get back on and start selling legit items but there doesnt seem to be any luck.
Old 09-11-2018

Longevity: 49%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCStank View Post
@wilburnet - Hey there. I unfortunately got banned for selling copy writed products. I knew going in you obviously cant do that, but so many ppl on etsy use characters and logos of popular movies, and tv shows and some how I got banned before them. Now I want to get back on and start selling legit items but there doesnt seem to be any luck.
This is the case for many and once you get suspended you aren't likely to get the account back no matter what excuses you come up with to give to etsy - its best to start over with fresh stealth accounts - and make sure this time you make a few accounts and sell between them so you aren't left without an account if something was to go wrong with one of them.
Old 09-12-2018

@Hahlala I pretty much figured that would be the case. It definitely was a gut punch at first, but you live and you learn I suppose. Now I'm set on spending my day off on Friday scanning as many Threads as I can to either find how to get on or meet someone who can help. Wish me luck!
Old 09-12-2018

@Gladiator If you have a minute would you mind PM me. I would message you myself but unfortunately I'm not allowed due to being new. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-12-2018

Longevity: 49%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCStank View Post
@Gladiator If you have a minute would you mind PM me. I would message you myself but unfortunately I'm not allowed due to being new. Thanks in advance.
Gladiator was removed from the forum.