Trying to open an ETSY account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Marketplace Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-25-2017
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 45
Thanks: 3
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 38%
iTrader: (0)
Default Trying to open an ETSY account

Is it basically like an eBay Stealth account? I have never opened an etsy account, so my questions are, can I use my existing paypal account, same name and email used on the eBay accounts? as well as bank accounts?

Thank you in advance.
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 01-25-2017
phaz0rz's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 8,066
Thanks: 1,591
Thanked 2,753 Times in 2,107 Posts
Activity: 93%
Longevity: 29%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: Trying to open an ETSY account

I've yet to read any forum posts about members being successful with trying to apply stealth to Etsy. There have been quite a few threads about people trying to open Etsy stealth accounts but from what I've noticed they are always very quickly shut down.

You say you've never opened an Etsy account, so you're fine. You will just have to open an account using your real details, then treat the account like your baby because it's likely the only chance you're going to get with them.

As for your question about Paypal, I only see that being a problem if your Paypal account is a stealth account. If your Paypal account is in your real name then I'm sure Etsy will allow you to use it. I'm pretty sure Etsy also offers direct checkout where payments go directly to your bank account, which ends up being a bit cheaper than using Paypal. My wife made an Etsy account last week and during registration they only asked for her bank account info for payments. From what we noticed there was no mention of Paypal in the registration process (though she was on an iPhone). Tons of Etsy listings accept Paypal though so I'm sure you can add it as a payment method after registration.
__________________
____________
_______
___
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-26-2017
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 360
Thanks: 11
Thanked 80 Times in 62 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 33%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Trying to open an ETSY account

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
I've yet to read any forum posts about members being successful with trying to apply stealth to Etsy. There have been quite a few threads about people trying to open Etsy stealth accounts but from what I've noticed they are always very quickly shut down.
I take it you don't look through the Et.sy section here very thoroughly lol

There are a few of us who have successful Et.sy stealths, I have about 5 going at the moment.

For some they are more likely to be shut down than say an Eb.ay account. But it depends on what you are flagged on. Et.sy are less strict on late deliveries and defects, but vero and competitors report at a higher rate.

A lot of countries and a few states do not operate paypal on Et.sy, but from what I've seen there are some states where pay.pal is still accepted. Just needs some research.

Good luck
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-26-2017
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 94
Thanks: 5
Thanked 13 Times in 7 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 72%
iTrader: (2)
Send a message via AIM to DAILYHUNDRED
Default Re: Trying to open an ETSY account

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenohki View Post
I take it you don't look through the Et.sy section here very thoroughly lol

There are a few of us who have successful Et.sy stealths, I have about 5 going at the moment.

For some they are more likely to be shut down than say an Eb.ay account. But it depends on what you are flagged on. Et.sy are less strict on late deliveries and defects, but vero and competitors report at a higher rate.

A lot of countries and a few states do not operate paypal on Et.sy, but from what I've seen there are some states where pay.pal is still accepted. Just needs some research.

Good luck
a few states that don't require direct checkout? are you talking about USA states?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-26-2017
phaz0rz's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 8,066
Thanks: 1,591
Thanked 2,753 Times in 2,107 Posts
Activity: 93%
Longevity: 29%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: Trying to open an ETSY account

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAILYHUNDRED View Post
are you talking about USA states?
I was wondering the same thing, because Paypal can be used with Etsy in all 50 of the United States of America. I just checked, lol.

@zenohki - Admittedly I don't surf the Etsy section very often since I don't actively sell there. Just about all of the threads I have seen though imply Etsy (USA) stealth is virtually impossible due to an SSN requirement. I've seen you and one other person who have been successful with Etsy stealth, and I'm betting that's because you're in UK and aren't dealing with this SSN requirement. Etsy is a USA based company so naturally the USA platform will have the most advanced security features. It's only a matter of time before their international platforms catch up, I would assume.

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-di...-eins-ids.html
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-di...sn-update.html

Apparently you aren't able to substitute an EIN as your SSN on Etsy anymore, because they will ask for further ID verification very quickly. And they now require your SSN during registration for direct checkout which is now mandatory. You can configure Paypal later but there's no getting around giving your SSN during registration, AFAIK.
__________________
____________
_______
___
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-26-2017
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 19
Thanks: 1
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 19%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Trying to open an ETSY account

How much money can you make on there?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-26-2017
MU
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,210
Thanks: 450
Thanked 550 Times in 347 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Trying to open an ETSY account

I have multiple Paypal only Etsy accounts. They are all running just fine. I also have several US DC accounts (don't like them, I like my money immediately) but some people are being led to believe it's the best way to buy so I have a few not to lose sales. It takes some patience and time, but there's ways out there to do this.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-27-2017
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 94
Thanks: 5
Thanked 13 Times in 7 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 72%
iTrader: (2)
Send a message via AIM to DAILYHUNDRED
Default Re: Trying to open an ETSY account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
I have multiple Paypal only Etsy accounts. They are all running just fine. I also have several US DC accounts (don't like them, I like my money immediately) but some people are being led to believe it's the best way to buy so I have a few not to lose sales. It takes some patience and time, but there's ways out there to do this.
do you notice any drop in sales on your paypal only accounts compared to DC accounts?

are buyers turned off by paypal?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-27-2017
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 360
Thanks: 11
Thanked 80 Times in 62 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 33%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Trying to open an ETSY account

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
I was wondering the same thing, because Paypal can be used with Etsy in all 50 of the United States of America. I just checked, lol.
Do you mean from a selling or buying point of view? Or both?

I have no idea being from the UK. It's just the impression I get from looking over the Et.sy side of the forums. I thought that Et.sy try and force Direct Checkout where possible on its sellers (like they have here in the uk) but there were a few states where pay.pal was still an option. I think you can still pay with pay.pal regardless, just for those forced into direct checkout, the money is put into Et.sy's pocket first, then yours.

Gladiator seems to be the expert in US stealth, really seems to have nailed it.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-27-2017
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 360
Thanks: 11
Thanked 80 Times in 62 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 33%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Trying to open an ETSY account

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAILYHUNDRED View Post

are buyers turned off by paypal?
I wouldn't say so. Everyone is different. Some prefer pay.pal, some prefer to pay by card. For me it depends on what funds I have where at the time :D but Et.sy gift cards cannot be used on shops that run pay.pal only, that might hinder sales over January/February maybe?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-27-2017
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 57,639
Thanks: 4,581
Thanked 7,019 Times in 6,393 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 76%
iTrader: (7)
Default Re: Trying to open an ETSY account

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenohki View Post
I wouldn't say so. Everyone is different. Some prefer pay.pal, some prefer to pay by card. For me it depends on what funds I have where at the time :D but Et.sy gift cards cannot be used on shops that run pay.pal only, that might hinder sales over January/February maybe?
Interesting taking - makes sense though if some shops only use pp
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-27-2017
phaz0rz's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 8,066
Thanks: 1,591
Thanked 2,753 Times in 2,107 Posts
Activity: 93%
Longevity: 29%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: Trying to open an ETSY account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
I have multiple Paypal only Etsy accounts. They are all running just fine. I also have several US DC accounts (don't like them, I like my money immediately) but some people are being led to believe it's the best way to buy so I have a few not to lose sales. It takes some patience and time, but there's ways out there to do this.
I can understand the concept behind your Paypal-only accounts, but how can you possibly create multiple DC accounts without committing ID fraud?

I know you can always use a stolen SSN, but I don't advocate fraud lol.

I'm not trying to make myself sound stupid. I'm naive about Etsy and am simply trying to gain some insight. Just bought my wife a Silhouette Cameo last week so over the next few months I hope to get some Etsy stealth's going, if it's possible without going to jail.
__________________
____________
_______
___
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-27-2017
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 39%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Trying to open an ETSY account

I have a et.sy account with just paypal and pay them with my business bank account.I want to incorporate DC but dont want to get banned but i feel like im missing sells.Any suggestions.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-27-2017
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 39%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Trying to open an ETSY account

Any updates will be great
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-27-2017
MU
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,210
Thanks: 450
Thanked 550 Times in 347 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
I can understand the concept behind your Paypal-only accounts, but how can you possibly create multiple DC accounts without committing ID fraud?

I know you can always use a stolen SSN, but I don't advocate fraud lol.

I'm not trying to make myself sound stupid. I'm naive about Etsy and am simply trying to gain some insight. Just bought my wife a Silhouette Cameo last week so over the next few months I hope to get some Etsy stealth's going, if it's possible without going to jail.
I have a serious issue that you would insinuate that I am committing ID fraud. One thing I have been widely known for on this board is I advocate against ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ID and ⊗⊗⊗⊗ documentation to create stores. There are ways around the SSN requirements. Me and a few others have figured out ways to avoid ever using any type of ⊗⊗⊗⊗ documents. I've spoken about this numerous times. Please read the forum before accusing someone of a crime.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-27-2017
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 360
Thanks: 11
Thanked 80 Times in 62 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 33%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Trying to open an ETSY account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
I have a serious issue that you would insinuate that I am committing ID fraud. One thing I have been widely known for on this board is I advocate against ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ID and ⊗⊗⊗⊗ documentation to create stores. There are ways around the SSN requirements. Me and a few others have figured out ways to avoid ever using any type of ⊗⊗⊗⊗ documents. I've spoken about this numerous times. Please read the forum before accusing someone of a crime.
I don't think he accused you of anything Glad, he said he's doesn't know how, and asked how it can be done so that it's something he can consider attempting.

I too am curious. I'd like to know if it's something I can look into for UK accounts.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-27-2017
MU
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,210
Thanks: 450
Thanked 550 Times in 347 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Trying to open an ETSY account

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenohki View Post
I don't think he accused you of anything Glad, he said he's doesn't know how, and asked how it can be done so that it's something he can consider attempting.

I too am curious. I'd like to know if it's something I can look into for UK accounts.
He needs to read other threads. It's been discussed several times now. The method should work anywhere that has a similar SSN like setup. I've spent a few hundred dollars experimenting to figure out a few ways to avoid D.C. Requirements but still have D.C. as well as verified PayPal only stores, as well as collaboratively working with a few high regarded posters on here to try things.

To be quite honest it's just getting frustrating to help people on this part of the board as it's clear something is constantly amiss with their stores or they don't want to follow basic stealth principles.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-27-2017
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 360
Thanks: 11
Thanked 80 Times in 62 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 33%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Trying to open an ETSY account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
He needs to read other threads. It's been discussed several times now. The method should work anywhere that has a similar SSN like setup. I've spent a few hundred dollars experimenting to figure out a few ways to avoid D.C. Requirements but still have D.C. as well as verified PayPal only stores, as well as collaboratively working with a few high regarded posters on here to try things.

To be quite honest it's just getting frustrating to help people on this part of the board as it's clear something is constantly amiss with their stores or they don't want to follow basic stealth principles.
Well no I agree I see a lot of people that seem to not want to read the guide. But I know I lacked confidence when I first tried to apply the stealth eb.ay method to Et.sy, and not everyone has the budget that others do. This is the place for asking questions and getting help, try not to be too frustrated.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-27-2017
phaz0rz's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 8,066
Thanks: 1,591
Thanked 2,753 Times in 2,107 Posts
Activity: 93%
Longevity: 29%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: Trying to open an ETSY account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
He needs to read other threads. It's been discussed several times now. The method should work anywhere that has a similar SSN like setup. I've spent a few hundred dollars experimenting to figure out a few ways to avoid D.C. Requirements but still have D.C. as well as verified PayPal only stores, as well as collaboratively working with a few high regarded posters on here to try things.

To be quite honest it's just getting frustrating to help people on this part of the board as it's clear something is constantly amiss with their stores or they don't want to follow basic stealth principles.
In no way was I trying to offend you, nor did I imply you were committing fraud. I simply stated that I'm unaware of any workaround for Etsy's SSN requirement without using someone else's SSN, since EINs/TINs don't work. I'm inexperienced on Etsy so I simply asked you to further elaborate on your so-called "workaround." Please, please get over yourself. Getting mad at people on the internet doesn't do you any good whatsoever. I have no idea who you are or what you advocate here.

What exactly is the point of telling me I need to read "other threads" when you are perfectly capable of explaining your methods in the current thread? The point of any forum is to keep active discussions going. That's especially true with such a rapidly changing platform as Etsy.

If it's such a frustration for you to help people on the forum, then stop trying to help people on the forum. Getting pissed off and telling me to read old threads certainly doesn't do any good.
__________________
____________
_______
___
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
TheMatrix (02-02-2017)
  #20  
Old 01-28-2017
unkown5454's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 4,186
Thanks: 2,144
Thanked 1,296 Times in 930 Posts
Activity: 31%
Longevity: 67%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Trying to open an ETSY account

literally everything asked by the OP has been answered many, many times over already in other threads. the et.sy sub-forum is so tiny compared to every other section, yet everyone still wants to be hand fed.

that is the reason for the frustration. learn how to use PP before you start messing with DC. but, if it's your first time on et.sy, you can just play with both.

why people are worried about stea.lthing et.sy when they don't even have accounts on there yet is beyond me.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to unkown5454 For This Useful Post:
Gladiator (01-28-2017)
  #21  
Old 01-28-2017
MU
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,210
Thanks: 450
Thanked 550 Times in 347 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Trying to open an ETSY account

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
In no way was I trying to offend you, nor did I imply you were committing fraud. I simply stated that I'm unaware of any workaround for Etsy's SSN requirement without using someone else's SSN, since EINs/TINs don't work. I'm inexperienced on Etsy so I simply asked you to further elaborate on your so-called "workaround." Please, please get over yourself. Getting mad at people on the internet doesn't do you any good whatsoever. I have no idea who you are or what you advocate here.

What exactly is the point of telling me I need to read "other threads" when you are perfectly capable of explaining your methods in the current thread? The point of any forum is to keep active discussions going. That's especially true with such a rapidly changing platform as Etsy.

If it's such a frustration for you to help people on the forum, then stop trying to help people on the forum. Getting pissed off and telling me to read old threads certainly doesn't do any good.
Maybe you need to get experienced on Etsy first? Etsy is 100x easier than eBay, the fact the same questions are asked over and over is getting old when the information is out there for you to piece together. Work-arounds get abused and the ones who truly aren't jerking around will figure it out on their own or if they are truly serious will reach other privately.

Ever heard of the phrase Google it? Research and understanding the platform will help you a lot better in the long run vs someone handing you a manual for free. And trust me, I'm not pissed at you. I just think it's sad that folks cannot read threads/search them and do a little bit of leg work. I'm not the only one who takes issue with it. I've had help on here from some folks starting out in stealth 7 years ago and find their advice to this day invaluable. I also find the time I've taken to apply principles from other venues and doing a bit of research into things on my own has made it so that I haven't had a stealth closed in more than a year. Hard work pays off, man.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gladiator For This Useful Post:
TheMatrix (02-02-2017)
  #22  
Old 01-28-2017
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 360
Thanks: 11
Thanked 80 Times in 62 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 33%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Trying to open an ETSY account

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
literally everything asked by the OP has been answered many, many times over already in other threads. the et.sy sub-forum is so tiny compared to every other section, yet everyone still wants to be hand fed.

We could say the same thing for the ebay section, I see the same topics a lot. Like I said earlier I think people are nervous about their first stealth, I know I was, I checked my plan over and over for a week and still had a lump in my stomach before my first sale cleared.

But I'm one of the little guys, I literally do everything in my business and since its et.sy that includes making the product, no one else helps me and I don't make as much money as some of you because of it, for me it felt like there was a lot riding on it. A lot of effort and money wasted if it didn't pay off, so I can understand why people want to ask the same question and get their own reassurances. And I guess some people want answers tailored to their own personal situation. Everyone's method is different, we all know what works for some doesn't work for others.

I don't see the point in getting mardy with newbies. I would have loved to have had this much info available and people to talk to when I first started out. I'd rather promote friendly Et.sy forum members by helping out who might in the future feed me back vital info, than cut throat jerks who wont share because I ignored or berated them.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Which cards work to open etsy store? northpeak Everything Else 4 08-17-2018 08:58 PM
New ETSY Stealth with old Paypal which still not pay ETSY fee makes linkage ? ncv4a Etsy Discussions 36 07-07-2017 09:21 AM
Open non-US Etsy stealth account fantomas0405 Etsy Discussions 7 11-02-2016 12:58 PM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:13 PM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts