Does Billing credit card an and your etsy account info have to match while openin? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 10-08-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 32%
Default Does Billing credit card an and your etsy account info have to match while openin?

Hi guys, I want to open stealth etsy. i have new ip (tethering), new paypal , and using my newly purchased laptop for stealth. I've red the eBay Stealth, and know the basics. but i couldnt find anything about this particular question in forums or in Stealth Book.
And i wanted to know, is the info on my credit card billing information (name, last name, address) while first time opening store have to match my etsy account info for verification?
my country doesnt support etsy payments and etsy will ask me to add credit card in order to verify my account at the beginning.
So can i use my sisters card (she has different last name and address) to verify my account?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-08-2018

Longevity: 49%
Default Re: Does Billing credit card an and your etsy account info have to match while openin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISeeYou View Post
Hi guys, I want to open stealth etsy. i have new ip (tethering), new paypal , and using my newly purchased laptop for stealth. I've red the eBay Stealth, and know the basics. but i couldnt find anything about this particular question in forums or in Stealth Book.
And i wanted to know, is the info on my credit card billing information (name, last name, address) while first time opening store have to match my etsy account info for verification?
my country doesnt support etsy payments and etsy will ask me to add credit card in order to verify my account at the beginning.
So can i use my sisters card (she has different last name and address) to verify my account?

You can use a virtual credit card
Old 10-08-2018
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Does Billing credit card an and your etsy account info have to match while openin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAHlala View Post
You can use a virtual credit card
Thanks bro )
I'll try it and i hope it'll work =)
However i will have to use russian or european ip address for that.. Lets just hope Etsy won't find it weird that i activated my account from ip of another country =/

Its all cause the visa and mastercard stopped issuing virtual prepaid cards outside of European Economic zone so the only virtual card i can use is russian ones =/

Last edited by ISeeYou; 10-08-2018 at 05:05 PM.
Old 10-08-2018

Longevity: 73%

It would be best if they match, don't you think?
Old 10-08-2018
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 55%
Longevity: 91%

It's better for them to match, I don't see a reason why you wouldn't wanna do that.
Old 10-09-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
It's better for them to match, I don't see a reason why you wouldn't wanna do that.
its cause its hard to find VCC's here where you can enter any address and name in billing information) In my country you can't buy them on supermarkets unfortunately.
Old 10-09-2018

Quote:
its cause its hard to find VCC's here where you can enter any address and name in billing information) In my country you can't buy them on supermarkets unfortunately.
Where are you from?
Here in UK they’re available everywhere
Old 10-09-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Which countries PayPal are you looking at using?
Old 10-09-2018
Threadstarter  

I'm from Kazakhstan bro )

But i think i found a little solution to get VCC online here.
But wanted to ask you guys, does anyone knows how much etsy charges from your credit card for first verification when u open a store there?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by ISeeYou; 10-09-2018 at 03:12 PM.
Old 10-09-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 63%

Pop 10 Euro on the card and that would be more than enough

An initial verification is only ever a few £/$/Euro
Old 10-09-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
Pop 10 Euro on the card and that would be more than enough

An initial verification is only ever a few £/$/Euro
alright) i'll get 5 dollars VCC there) I hope that'll be enough =)

Thanks brother =)
I will post here soon i hope with success news
Old 10-10-2018
Threadstarter  

Guys, one more thing! my shipping address is in Russia, however i am based in Kazakhstan.
So should i use my virtual card that i got here lately and show my billing address as Russia?
My shop is based in Kazakhstan (my IP is in Kazakhstan as well) but my shipping address is based in Russia (i work together with a friend of mine from there cos their shipping rates are significantly lower than ours and postal service works better)

Thanks again and sorry for dumb questions, but unfortunately i cant find anything about it in forums =/
Old 10-12-2018

Quote:
Guys, one more thing! my shipping address is in Russia, however i am based in Kazakhstan.
So should i use my virtual card that i got here lately and show my billing address as Russia?
My shop is based in Kazakhstan (my IP is in Kazakhstan as well) but my shipping address is based in Russia (i work together with a friend of mine from there cos their shipping rates are significantly lower than ours and postal service works better)

Thanks again and sorry for dumb questions, but unfortunately i cant find anything about it in forums =/
I heard this a lot of times and people were accused of dropshipping ( not permitted on etsy).
Why don’t you let Kazakhstan as shipping country rather than change it to Russia?
As a buyer I genuinely don’t care where it shipped from as soon as it arrived.
Old 10-12-2018

Longevity: 85%

Please keep us informed on how you get on. If i was ever suspended from Etsy it sounds too much of a headache to get back on. I sell on Ecrater as well on Etsy you should branch out to other sites as well.
Old 10-12-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilburnet View Post
Please keep us informed on how you get on. If i was ever suspended from Etsy it sounds too much of a headache to get back on. I sell on Ecrater as well on Etsy you should branch out to other sites as well.
sure i will )
Old 10-12-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by woky View Post
I heard this a lot of times and people were accused of dropshipping ( not permitted on etsy).
Why don’t you let Kazakhstan as shipping country rather than change it to Russia?
As a buyer I genuinely don’t care where it shipped from as soon as it arrived.
you didnt get me dude)
I'm not dropshipping. i'm just sending the goods that i make in here to my friend in Russia (takes like 1 day cos i'm not using post office) and then HE ships it to the buyer.
Its not dropshipping =D
Old 10-12-2018
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 55%
Longevity: 91%

Ok, good.

ANother thing to think about is logistics. So as long as your friend gets the goods before they are sold, you should have no trouble with the shipping times.

Other than that, everything seems almost good to go
Old 10-14-2018
Threadstarter  

ok guys, Good news =)
So far so good, i'm back online again with my shop!

used vcc! (i found out yesterday that my bank actually offers vcc's (reloadable) that i used)
i listed brand new items to stay safe, but however i wanted to ask you guys, when and how i can start listing my old items for sale? Of course i know that i must make brand new pics, clear metadata, and make it like its all different! I will do that for sure, but wanted to ask you guys, as you are more experienced than me in this =)
Old 10-14-2018

Quote:
ok guys, Good news =)
So far so good, i'm back online again with my shop!

used vcc! (i found out yesterday that my bank actually offers vcc's (reloadable) that i used)
i listed brand new items to stay safe, but however i wanted to ask you guys, when and how i can start listing my old items for sale? Of course i know that i must make brand new pics, clear metadata, and make it like its all different! I will do that for sure, but wanted to ask you guys, as you are more experienced than me in this =)
As you already know from my thread, I posted one item not related to the niche and let it stay there for 2 days. Then I posted 5 items related to the niche and let them there for 1 day. After that I imported 100 listings and quickly deactivated them all. After one day I started updating the listings ( because the variations where messed up), now I’m 60+ listings up and running.