eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Etsy Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/)
-   -   Esty EIN (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/132624-esty-ein.html)

CaptAmerica 01-07-2020 05:45 PM

Esty EIN

For anyone currently selling on Etsy, what are you doing once you hit 20k sales? I know EIN is the way to go but do you set up an EIN with your real info or stealth info?

CaptAmerica 01-09-2020 07:34 PM

Re: Esty EIN

Feel free to message me if you'd rather say in private. I just need some advice from someone who has done this already.

Thanks!

EtsySucks 01-13-2020 02:41 PM

I have a business account - EIN, but am still trying to figure out how to set up a new Etsy account after being suspended. Nothing seems to be working. I am in the United States.

EtsySucks 01-13-2020 02:41 PM

@Captainamerica, hoping you may be able to help - I am unable to set up a new Etsy account.

EtsySucks 01-13-2020 02:42 PM

@CaptAmerica - sorry - tupo on the name !! :)

CaptAmerica 01-13-2020 04:42 PM

Can anyone help with this? I know i'm not the only one using an EIN. A few month back i created the EIN using real info as i knew i would go over 20k sales. Added the EIN number to Etsy but with stealth name/address. All was good until last week and now etsy is stating:

The name and Tax ID provided does not match the IRS records. Please ensure you enter the correct name associated with your Tax ID provided.

When i created the EIN there was a line to add "Trade name/Doing business as", which I did and i tried using this where etsy is asking for a legal name. This isnt working either as i still get the error message.

I could really use some help. I could just add my real info to the EIN page but i'm definitely afraid that's gonna link me?

CaptAmerica 01-14-2020 04:25 PM

Figured it out. Thanks.

bavm3 01-14-2020 07:33 PM

I'm interested in how you had to go about this at the end of the day, you mind shooting me a PM Capt?

I'm getting ready to go down the same road and want to make sure I've got everything lined up correctly.

CaptAmerica 01-15-2020 06:30 PM

turns out i'm still having an issue

mysgrl 01-15-2020 09:39 PM

I’m stuck trying to figure this out as well.

CaptAmerica 01-16-2020 07:52 AM

I know i've heard several people say they make over 20k on etsy. It would be nice to hear from someone whos already done it

yankee 01-16-2020 08:05 AM

Geese, there is literally thousands of posts about EIN.....use the search function.

EIN is from the IRS. NEVER commit fraud by giving the IRS ⊗⊗⊗⊗ details.

To sum this up, you open your business on the IRS and your state with YOUR info.

It is best to open Etsy and only add the EIN when requested. It can be a real chore to open an EIN account right from the begging when stealthing.

CaptAmerica 01-16-2020 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 1062309)
Geese, there is literally thousands of posts about EIN.....use the search function.

To sum this up, you open your business on the IRS and your state with YOUR info.

It is best to open Etsy and only add the EIN when requested. It can be a real chore to open an EIN account right from the begging when stealthing.

Of course I searched before asking :) I searched "etsy EIN" and scanned through the posts on 6 pages. I found info in 2 of the threads but neither answered my question.

I'm not trying to fraud the IRS. I created the EIN with my real info so that i can pay taxes on it, however i was not comfortable putting real info on etsy Taxpayer ID page because i didnt want to get linked to my old shut down account.

First i made a single person EIN, then on etsy used the real EIN but put stealth details. This gave me the original etsy error saying tax ID & name didnt match and why i started asking here.

Since asking i have tried several things and nothing is working. I havent found anywhere on the forum if people are putting in 100% real details on etsy tax id page

edit: I'm needing help because etsy is now asking. I've made over 20k and they are trying to communicate with the IRS

agent006140 01-16-2020 09:05 PM

so are you going to give them your real infor or just abandon the Etsy shop?

CaptAmerica 01-17-2020 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 1062454)
so are you going to give them your real infor or just abandon the Etsy shop?

Still working on it. I think i'm gonna call the IRS. I've put all the real info from my partnership EIN and it's still failing.

yankee 01-17-2020 10:41 AM

You change the name to YOUR REAL BUSINESS NAME AND REAL TAX NUMBER.

The address is irrelevant.

CaptAmerica 01-17-2020 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 1062556)
You change the name to YOUR REAL BUSINESS NAME AND REAL TAX NUMBER.

The address is irrelevant.

Thank you for answering! However this still isn't working for me so im calling the IRS and if that doesn't work i guess i'll have to contact Etsy, ugh :(

CaptAmerica 01-18-2020 03:18 PM

Tip for anyone adding an EIN to etsy; It typically takes around 4 weeks for that EIN to be able to be verified online. This means if you create an EIN and try to add it to Etsy (or anywhere else) right away, they will try to verify it with the IRS and it will come back as invalid. This information was given to me by an agent when I called the IRS.

You're choices are either to create the EIN well in advance of needing it, or you can also print/fax/email the EIN verification form (Notice: CP 575).

Of course, if you email the form to etsy and have them manually verify it, you risk the chance they could possible ask for additional proof of identity.

Hope this helps anyone in the same situation i was in!

azjohn311 01-20-2020 05:13 PM

CaptAmerica, I was kicked off etsy and I really need help to get a stealth account. I bought Etsy reborn but it didn't help with the ein info.
Can you PM me?
John

solefoodbk 01-21-2020 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 1062309)

Just to piggy back off this, there is no such thing as stealth EIN. Just like a “stealth ssn”, it’s crossing legal issues there. Stealth is just for platforms who banned us, government issued things, everything has to be legit, no questions.

yankee 01-21-2020 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptAmerica (Post 1062790)
Tip for anyone adding an EIN to etsy; It typically takes around 4 weeks for that EIN to be able to be verified online. This means if you create an EIN and try to add it to Etsy (or anywhere else) right away, they will try to verify it with the IRS and it will come back as invalid. This information was given to me by an agent when I called the IRS.

You're choices are either to create the EIN well in advance of needing it, or you can also print/fax/email the EIN verification form (Notice: CP 575).

Of course, if you email the form to etsy and have them manually verify it, you risk the chance they could possible ask for additional proof of identity.

Hope this helps anyone in the same situation i was in!

ALL platforms are the same. It is not Etsy issue. It is how the IRS works. Just read about adding EINs to paypal. It is all the same. By-the-way-, you can pay a fee to your STATE to have your EIN show the next day if you chose to do so.

CaptAmerica 01-22-2020 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 1063381)
ALL platforms are the same. It is not Etsy issue. It is how the IRS works. Just read about adding EINs to paypal. It is all the same. By-the-way-, you can pay a fee to your STATE to have your EIN show the next day if you chose to do so.

Correct, it would be the same adding it to any platform since the delay is with the IRS' system. I originally thought i was having an issue with Etsy.

The agent I spoke to only told me about the option of sending a form and did not offer any kind of rush service. I would have gladly paid that