New Etsy Acct Checklist Canada - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 06-17-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 22%
Default New Etsy Acct Checklist Canada

Hi guys. Brand new member, 1'st post. Apologies in advance for newb questions. I was kicked off Etsy today for infringements. I've done allot of reading on this forum and elsewhere so let me just run my plan by everyone and ask for help on the parts I dont have solved yet. Hopefully everyone can benefit from this:

-Buy a used laptop and use it exclusively at a new network location. Perhaps leave it at a friend's house and use teamviewer to remotely control it.

-Use name and address not my own for account creation. (proof of this is not required for Canadian sellers, nor is any ID or SSN equivalent - Lucky us!).

- Bank account. I have a PingPong acct and my name is not listed with it, but I don't know if or how this would work because Etsy of course asks for the account holders name and I'll have to enter something. Any suggestions here? I've got many bank accounts but they are all in my name of course

- Credit Card? I've just read pre-paid re-loadable cards aren't accepted so now what? I'm stumped on this one

If I can solve the last two I think I'll have it made. But I'm also wondering do they care if the bank and CC account holder's name differs from the shop owner name?

once access is gained I will list my same products minus the infringing ones with new pictures, new titles, new everything so that Etsy's AI can't associate them with my old shop. It's a ton of work. I had 600+ listings and the shop was making a killing. But that's why it's worth just about any expense or inconvenience to get on there again.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-21-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 29%
Default Re: New Etsy Acct Checklist Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rom Tittenhouse View Post
Hi guys. Brand new member, 1'st post. Apologies in advance for newb questions. I was kicked off Etsy today for infringements. I've done allot of reading on this forum and elsewhere so let me just run my plan by everyone and ask for help on the parts I dont have solved yet. Hopefully everyone can benefit from this:

-Buy a used laptop and use it exclusively at a new network location. Perhaps leave it at a friend's house and use teamviewer to remotely control it.

-Use name and address not my own for account creation. (proof of this is not required for Canadian sellers, nor is any ID or SSN equivalent - Lucky us!).

- Bank account. I have a PingPong acct and my name is not listed with it, but I don't know if or how this would work because Etsy of course asks for the account holders name and I'll have to enter something. Any suggestions here? I've got many bank accounts but they are all in my name of course

- Credit Card? I've just read pre-paid re-loadable cards aren't accepted so now what? I'm stumped on this one

If I can solve the last two I think I'll have it made. But I'm also wondering do they care if the bank and CC account holder's name differs from the shop owner name?

once access is gained I will list my same products minus the infringing ones with new pictures, new titles, new everything so that Etsy's AI can't associate them with my old shop. It's a ton of work. I had 600+ listings and the shop was making a killing. But that's why it's worth just about any expense or inconvenience to get on there again.
You are planning right

I would change my address at the bank to the new address and report the debit card stolen. This will give you a valid card that will pass AVS

On banking use your own name on Adyen
The Following User Says Thank You to Bigblackdog For This Useful Post:
Rom Tittenhouse (06-21-2020)
Old 06-21-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth

600+ items....I feel your pain :( sadly this ban situation is not rare
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
Rom Tittenhouse (06-25-2020)
Old 06-24-2020

Longevity: 31%

Are you sure PingPong will work with Etsy?
Just wondering, I never used PingPong before.
The Following User Says Thank You to enco For This Useful Post:
Catnjo (10-21-2020)
Old 06-25-2020

Longevity: 37%

dont forget to put your photos trough batch purifier before re-listing, otherwise you will be linked and go down again
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to digimons For This Useful Post:
bliu60828 (07-23-2020), Rom Tittenhouse (06-25-2020)
Old 06-25-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by digimons View Post
dont forget to put your photos trough batch purifier before re-listing, otherwise you will be linked and go down again
Ohh wow! I was going to make entirely new photos altogether but batch purifier would save me all kinds of time. Thanks
Old 06-25-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by enco View Post
Are you sure PingPong will work with Etsy?
Just wondering, I never used PingPong before.
I have friends who have used it.
Old 06-27-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblackdog View Post
You are planning right

I would change my address at the bank to the new address and report the debit card stolen. This will give you a valid card that will pass AVS

On banking use your own name on Adyen
As it turns out I have accounts with another Bank. Can I just confirm with you that you would use the same name but different DOB and address when registering with Etsy? And a new bank account and credit card with new address (probably one that matches the new address registered with Etsy). Sorry if I'm being a pest, just want to make sure I have it right before I risk burning accounts and hardware.
Old 06-27-2020
Threadstarter  

I've updated my plan after receiving responses and reading further through the forum and I'm going to post it here because this could be of use to many people and serve as an up to date guide:

1. New laptop to be used at a new network and never again from any network where I used my suspended account. (I am trying to confirm if wiping and reinstalling windows, or creating a new user account and using new browser could negate the need for a new laptop. I've been told it will but I'm not sure). There are programs to change your MAC address as well but for all I know they could have the same effect as using a VPN and trigger red flags. I think as long as its a seemingly new device and never used at the old networks it should be fine. No VPN's ever

2.a) Create account using business name or ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name, new address. Name on banking info can be same ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name because I'm using ping pong which allows name mismatches and I have some credit cards that allow the same. Don't ask me how, it's a gift to me from overseas friends with connections and technology I can hardly get my head around
OR
2.b) Create new account in my real name, new address (I've already moved to a new city), ⊗⊗⊗⊗ DOB under the assumption that there could be multiple people in this country with the same name. I could then use a new account of mine from a different bank (new address registered with bank), and a new credit card with a new billing address attached to it, one that matches my account registration address. I can report my old CC stolen and have a new one sent to my new address.

There is no SSN or proof of id required for Canadian account setup.
Options 2a or 2b are equally viable to me - but I am a newb. What do the vets here think? Which option is best?

3.a) Take the photos for my 600+ products and run them through batch purifier. This apparently will wipe any fingerprints from my old images. seems risky, can anyone confirm this works?
3.b) Create entirely new photos of all my products. Ouch

4. Upload products with new titles, new tags, new photos, new descriptions. Upload slowly at first.

How important is it to add products slowly? I could use a service like sellbrite that apparently allows instant upload of as many items as you want. I've talked to their support and they claim that it's of no security risk. If it works, I could do 20, 50, or 100 per day. Or simply hire a VA to do it manually one by one so Etsy can see an actual human is listing these.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rom Tittenhouse For This Useful Post:
baxxiro (12-30-2020)
Old 07-23-2020

Longevity: 21%

Quote:
Originally Posted by digimons View Post
Does it mean after I put my old photos through the batch purifier, I don't need to change its design?
Old 07-24-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I've updated my plan after receiving responses and reading further through the forum and I'm going to post it here because this could be of use to many people and serve as an up to date guide:

1. New laptop to be used at a new network and never again from any network where I used my suspended account. (I am trying to confirm if wiping and reinstalling windows, or creating a new user account and using new browser could negate the need for a new laptop. I've been told it will but I'm not sure). There are programs to change your MAC address as well but for all I know they could have the same effect as using a VPN and trigger red flags. I think as long as its a seemingly new device and never used at the old networks it should be fine. No VPN's ever

2.a) Create account using business name or ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name, new address. Name on banking info can be same ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name because I'm using ping pong which allows name mismatches and I have some credit cards that allow the same. Don't ask me how, it's a gift to me from overseas friends with connections and technology I can hardly get my head around
OR
2.b) Create new account in my real name, new address (I've already moved to a new city), ⊗⊗⊗⊗ DOB under the assumption that there could be multiple people in this country with the same name. I could then use a new account of mine from a different bank (new address registered with bank), and a new credit card with a new billing address attached to it, one that matches my account registration address. I can report my old CC stolen and have a new one sent to my new address.

There is no SSN or proof of id required for Canadian account setup.
Options 2a or 2b are equally viable to me - but I am a newb. What do the vets here think? Which option is best?

3.a) Take the photos for my 600+ products and run them through batch purifier. This apparently will wipe any fingerprints from my old images. seems risky, can anyone confirm this works?
3.b) Create entirely new photos of all my products. Ouch

4. Upload products with new titles, new tags, new photos, new descriptions. Upload slowly at first.

How important is it to add products slowly? I could use a service like sellbrite that apparently allows instant upload of as many items as you want. I've talked to their support and they claim that it's of no security risk. If it works, I could do 20, 50, or 100 per day. Or simply hire a VA to do it manually one by one so Etsy can see an actual human is listing these.
It sounds like you have it as good as it is going to get - go to work and let us know how you get on
Old 07-24-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by bliu60828 View Post
Does it mean after I put my old photos through the batch purifier, I don't need to change its design?
It means all the information attached to that picture is wiped clean

Design is your choice
Old 07-28-2020

Longevity: 36%

I’m not sure where you got the idea that Canadians don’t need to verify identity to Etsy but in my case 3.5 years ago i have to verify myself with multiple documents, and that was for my legit account. Either you got very lucky or I was very unlucky.

This is why I’m back on the forum to get info on how to avoid the documents request when I make a stealth Etsy, my legit Etsy keeps taking hits from competitors false verbs and so on.

Any help appreciated. Sorry don’t mean to hijack this post.
Old 07-30-2020

Activity: 26%
Longevity: 42%

New laptop is not needed. New user is enough for Etsy

The only requirement for card - it must be new. Address, name, ZIP can mismatch 100%, its not determining factor for Etsy. If you want to be on a safe side - order AVS card from forum sellers, they will put your ZIP of new stealth account on card. This will show a checkmark in Etsy's system that card is valid. Also revolut issues VCC's via few clicks within an app.

Bank accounts? You can get unlimited US/EU based bank accounts via payoneer. It works with mismatching names. Also there is no way for Etsy to check the real owner behind bank account.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Duab For This Useful Post:
Rom Tittenhouse (08-04-2020), supplies (07-30-2020)
Old 08-04-2020
Threadstarter  

Well I did all of the above using a virtual machine, brand new ip location, purified photos, Ping pong bank acct, new name, etc and they still got me. Suspension came just hours after my first sale. If I had to guess what it was, I'd say the titles and tags were too similar to the originals. But the keywords are the keywords so there's only so many ways you can re-organize titles and tags.
I may try again using completely new products, use another new vm/ip setup to purchase one to get the review over with and then try posting the same old products with again new descriptions titles and tags. I'm attached to these products because they did very well and I know I can make $ if I can just keep them up there
Old 08-04-2020

Quote:
Well I did all of the above using a virtual machine, brand new ip location, purified photos, Ping pong bank acct, new name, etc and they still got me. Suspension came just hours after my first sale. If I had to guess what it was, I'd say the titles and tags were too similar to the originals. But the keywords are the keywords so there's only so many ways you can re-organize titles and tags.
I may try again using completely new products, use another new vm/ip setup to purchase one to get the review over with and then try posting the same old products with again new descriptions titles and tags. I'm attached to these products because they did very well and I know I can make $ if I can just keep them up there
It wasn't your titles or tags, i couldnt count how many other sellers copy my titles and tags... if suspended right after sale then sounds like a accepting funds area or your product is fishy item to check those closer maybe.

Last edited by supplies; 08-04-2020 at 09:12 PM.
Old 08-05-2020

Activity: 26%
Longevity: 42%

Quote:
Mate, did you entered same Name/Surname to receive funds as it was on previously suspended account?
Old 08-23-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duab View Post
Mate, did you entered same Name/Surname to receive funds as it was on previously suspended account?
No, I used a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name and matched it with the pingpong account.
And no, I didn't have to provide any form of identity verification. I've only been asked for that 1 out of 8 times I've opened - or tried to open accounts.

Now I believe that the problem was that I was using the same photos. Although I DID run them through batch purifier and cleaned all the metadata, they might have the ability to straight up recognize the pixels in your photos. Since I had not a single item photo that wasn't already listed in the suspended shop that might have triggered it.
Old 08-24-2020

Longevity: 26%

Is stealth account from a different country successful when selling digital items? Not sure how to verify an address???
Old 10-03-2020

Longevity: 20%

Hey Rom, Sorry to hear that it got suspended. Did you get it another try? How's it going now?
Old 10-03-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnadonna View Post
Hey Rom, Sorry to hear that it got suspended. Did you get it another try? How's it going now?
Yes I've opened a few more and all but one were deactivated. The one remaining is only 7 days old and has not had it's first sale yet so who knows how that will go. I am using legit names and addresses but I am told that DOB does not need to be correct. However in my experience after trying 20 attempts I think it's very helpful to have correct DOB. Only once did an incorrect DOB pass without them asking for ID but it was deactivated in a few days anyways
Old 10-03-2020

Quote:
No, I used a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name and matched it with the pingpong account.
And no, I didn't have to provide any form of identity verification. I've only been asked for that 1 out of 8 times I've opened - or tried to open accounts.

Now I believe that the problem was that I was using the same photos. Although I DID run them through batch purifier and cleaned all the metadata, they might have the ability to straight up recognize the pixels in your photos. Since I had not a single item photo that wasn't already listed in the suspended shop that might have triggered it.
Are you saying only 1 out of 8 etsy stealth accounts ask you for ID before opening your account?

Pingpong is a bank? Do you use your real details or stealth it somehow?