eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Etsy Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/)
-   -   Uk Stealth (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/151596-uk-stealth.html)

eusebio 12-22-2023 04:49 AM

Uk Stealth

Dont want to burn docs, so I would rather ask.

1. ID under my friends details and my bank account, would it work, ie how does etsy verify ID's and Bank accounts?

2. Revolut VCC would work even though it is on my name which correspondence with already existing account. Will they link them?

What else should I be aware of when creating stealth? New user account, new Ip, new email, this I am aware of.

Many thanks.

OldTom 12-24-2023 04:20 AM

Re: Uk Stealth

Creating the account aside, have you addressed the taxation issues? Etsy will be sending the sales data to HMRC and there is the possibility that your friend will be contacted and potentially deemed liable for additional income tax.

Seek professional advice before potentially dropping your friend in it.

Forgot to mention don't share any info between accounts...nothing at all.

Jackies 12-24-2023 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldTom (Post 1232346)
Creating the account aside, have you addressed the taxation issues? Etsy will be sending the sales data to HMRC and there is the possibility that your friend will be contacted and potentially deemed liable for additional income tax.

Seek professional advice before potentially dropping your friend in it.

Forgot to mention don't share any info between accounts...nothing at all.

It seems to me that income tax will be allocated to the bank account (if at all), unless in the UK you provide something more than name, surname and date of birth?

rswomA 12-24-2023 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackies (Post 1232348)
It seems to me that income tax will be allocated to the bank account (if at all), unless in the UK you provide something more than name, surname and date of birth?

Where did you read that? if they can't comfirm your tax id, they will suspend your account instead

Jackies 12-24-2023 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rswomA (Post 1232350)
Where did you read that? if they can't comfirm your tax id, they will suspend your account instead

I did the same, this year they asked me in several stores for the TIN number but I didn't provide it and I was suspended, although there is still a slight chance that I will send data such as name, surname and DOB, I mean DAC7, just like you probably do.

Jackies 12-24-2023 05:05 AM

what I mean is that if by some miracle etsy sends your store's DAC7 report with basic data, the tax office should still audit the real owner of the bank account and not the owner of the etsy account - I hope so

rswomA 12-24-2023 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackies (Post 1232352)
what I mean is that if by some miracle etsy sends your store's DAC7 report with basic data, the tax office should still audit the real owner of the bank account and not the owner of the etsy account - I hope so

I don't think they will send the informations after you didn't comfirm TIN ..., I'm not sure, what do you think?

Jackies 12-24-2023 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rswomA (Post 1232353)
I don't think they will send the informations after you didn't comfirm TIN ..., I'm not sure, what do you think?

Where you from

rswomA 12-24-2023 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackies (Post 1232352)

What if they discover a different name in the bank, Its Etsy responsibility to have the same name in the bank and on Etsy

Jackies 12-24-2023 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rswomA (Post 1232355)
What if they discover a different name in the bank, Its Etsy responsibility to have the same name in the bank and on Etsy

etsy will not discover this, only the tax office to which the report will be sent can do it, if the report reaches the office, it is better to pay income tax based on the inflows to your real bank account
I think that etsy account details do not matter much, especially in Europe, when registering we only provide basic information without tax numbers, as e.g. in the USA

OldTom 12-24-2023 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackies (Post 1232348)

Then you'd be wrong, we have UTR's for starters.

Jackies 12-24-2023 08:04 AM

ah okay, in Europe we don't provide TIN when registering, they only ask us now that the DAC7 directive has come into force - I personally don't provide these numbers on Stealth and I allow the store to be suspended - Etsy has its headquarters in the UK, so you are more centralized than the 27 EU countries

rswomA 12-24-2023 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackies (Post 1232366)
ah okay, in Europe we don't provide TIN when registering, they only ask us now that the DAC7 directive has come into force - I personally don't provide these numbers on Stealth and I allow the store to be suspended - Etsy has its headquarters in the UK, so you are more centralized than the 27 EU countries

How much time they gave you to provide TIN before you got suspended?

rsot 12-24-2023 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rswomA (Post 1232369)
How much time they gave you to provide TIN before you got suspended?

TIN is for USA

Jackies 12-24-2023 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 1232373)
TIN is for USA

Nope, TIN is for 90% Country of the world, tax identification number

murdered_by_ebay 12-24-2023 11:36 AM

HMRC asked marketplaces to collect national insurance numbers from individuals and company numbers from corporations , UTR will not be asked for

OldTom 12-27-2023 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay (Post 1232379)
HMRC asked marketplaces to collect national insurance numbers from individuals and company numbers from corporations , UTR will not be asked for

UTR's are already being asked for by some marketplaces, I know ebay and Amazon do.

In any event, taxation is not managed via NI numbers, and if it is to be when will platforms start demanding them because they're not at the moment.

What about sellers who do not have a NI number?

murdered_by_ebay 12-27-2023 11:25 AM

ebay do not ask for UTR and amazon have been doing it for years voluntarily

the HMRC guidance from november specifically says NIN for individuals and company number for businesses

it also says that UTR and VAT number are not accepted as replacement for NIN or company number

OldTom 12-27-2023 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay (Post 1232493)
ebay do not ask for UTR and amazon have been doing it for years voluntarily

the HMRC guidance from november specifically says NIN for individuals and company number for businesses

it also says that UTR and VAT number are not accepted as replacement for NIN or company number

I've literally just had to send my UTR letter to ebay for a private account I've just converted to a business. No mention of NI number. Clearly UTR and VAT number will be no substitute for NI numbers, they never have been because they relate to completely different matters.

Voluntarily or not, Amazon do collect them, yet they've never asked for NI number.

Given the new laws apply from literally next week, I'm amazed sales platforms haven't started collecting National Insurance numbers, they've only got 12 months before reporting starts. What about those who don't have an NI number?

Anyway, we're all somewhat in the dark as to where this is all leading. Do you have a link to confirm that HMRC have instructed sales platforms to collect NI numbers, I can't find it. Thank you in advance.

murdered_by_ebay 12-27-2023 12:13 PM

what did ebay ask you to upload? probably you sent UTR as replacement for some other document , I have never heard of a single request by ebay for UTR , for letters from HMRC yes , specifically UTR no

a tax lawyer told me about this so you can expect NIN requests from next year

OldTom 12-27-2023 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay (Post 1232495)

a tax lawyer told me about this so you can expect NIN requests from next year

okay, so no link to the HMRC guidance from November specifically saying NI numbers for individuals and company number for businesses (Limited Companies I assume you mean, most businesses are sole traders and only have a UTR) will be mandatory, just hearsay. :thumb:

If they do indeed intend to demand them then next year is going to be fun and games for sure. Can't believe they've not acted yet, they have to provide data from the period beginning next week! I wonder what penalties HMRC have got lined up for sales platforms if they fail to do so for every private seller and sole trader. I wonder what the implication for those who trade but legitimately don't need a National Insurance number will be?

Surprised the account sellers here aren't all over this, it's a game changer for them yet I've seen no mention of it.

murdered_by_ebay 12-27-2023 02:17 PM

it does not change much , the actual tax reports need to be done by january 2025 so ebay will probably start requesting data in the first half of the year

the guidance was saying that the new data will need to be included in the onboarding process and active sellers would get their selling abilities limited if they do not provide the data on time , interestingly they said they specifically did not recommend to suspend anyone but just limit them , they probably fear mass death of tax payers

another interesting point is that HMRC decided not to request any data from foreign marketplaces with no establishment or business in the UK for UK sellers they might have , this is the main difference between DAC7 UK and DAC7 EU