How to: Opening New Etsy Accounts after ban - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 01-02-2024

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 1%
Default How to: Opening New Etsy Accounts after ban

I am making this because I cannot currently respond to any messages until I've created 25 posts. So I will create this thread and continue to post!
The Following User Says Thank You to obushortstop For This Useful Post:
User99_ (01-15-2024)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-02-2024
Threadstarter  

Default Re: How to: Opening New Etsy Accounts after ban

My backstory:
Created 1st Etsy account selling wall decor at end of 2020 and steadily grew it to $7,000 a month by the end of 2020. I quit my full time job in January of 2021 after going through a rough and unexpected divorce and dedicated myself to my business. I did over $115,000 in sales both 2021 and 2022 on Etsy before being suspended permanently in 2023. I made wooden flags for military, police, fire, etc. Me being an idiot, did not think to get the okay to get authorization to use military logos/emblems and despite getting crafters licenses, Etsy upheld the suspension. I had created 2 additional shops in 2023 using the same info as the first. 1 was a print on demand shop that was doing about $4k a month in sales and the other was a digital products shop selling PNG shirt designs and that did $10.2k it's first month before being suspended.
solefoodbk (01-04-2024)
Old 01-02-2024
Threadstarter  

If you've never created an Etsy shop before, you're in luck..It's quite easy if that is the case and I'm happy to write out the steps to take in order to not only create a shop that is incredibly unlikely to get banned, but also how to create additional shops to avoid bans. I've spent entirely too much time and money the last couple months in order to figure out what I need to do moving forward and what I should've done starting out
Old 01-03-2024

Activity: 3%
Longevity: 9%

So all your shops being suspended by etsy or do you still have active shop? my shop was suspended, what steps do I need to open a shop again?
Old 01-03-2024
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by obushortstop View Post
If you've never created an Etsy shop before, you're in luck..It's quite easy if that is the case and I'm happy to write out the steps to take in order to not only create a shop that is incredibly unlikely to get banned, but also how to create additional shops to avoid bans. I've spent entirely too much time and money the last couple months in order to figure out what I need to do moving forward and what I should've done starting out
clean cut steps and knowledge is always welcomed here
Old 01-03-2024

I've spent too much time to open-up my another shop. I suspended once without any information and now, trying to find a workaround to open my new shop. I tried bunch of methods but cannot get it to work sadly. Please share your thoughts and knowledges and hope we find a way to fix this issue.
Old 01-03-2024

Activity: 40%
Longevity: 33%

It sounds like Etsy is a lot like bonanza, once you are banned you have to be extra careful, like egay was in the old days. Had to use new ip, new address, the works.....
Old 01-03-2024

Longevity: 3%

so where is the steps?
Old 01-04-2024

Activity: 31%
Longevity: 58%

Quote:
My backstory:
Created 1st Etsy account selling wall decor at end of 2020 and steadily grew it to $7,000 a month by the end of 2020. I quit my full time job in January of 2021 after going through a rough and unexpected divorce and dedicated myself to my business. I did over $115,000 in sales both 2021 and 2022 on Etsy before being suspended permanently in 2023. I made wooden flags for military, police, fire, etc. Me being an idiot, did not think to get the okay to get authorization to use military logos/emblems and despite getting crafters licenses, Etsy upheld the suspension. I had created 2 additional shops in 2023 using the same info as the first. 1 was a print on demand shop that was doing about $4k a month in sales and the other was a digital products shop selling PNG shirt designs and that did $10.2k it's first month before being suspended.
Did you get copyright strikes or was someone at Etsy actively flagging your account? My issues selling wall art was always getting copyright strikes, a lot of times by bots. The nature of their copyright against was not accurate however it doesn't matter with those things. Have to be careful but I know the potentional is huge.
Old 01-04-2024
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jozypua View Post
So all your shops being suspended by etsy or do you still have active shop? my shop was suspended, what steps do I need to open a shop again?
All 3 shops were suspended...As of today, I have my first new one open with 6 listings now up. I have 2 more that I intend to open up between now and the weekend
Old 01-04-2024
Threadstarter  

Okay this is very long and drawn out but I'll try and condense it down as best I can. So far I am 1 for 1 with this new method but the sample size leaves much to be desired lol. I plan on creating a spreadsheet moving forward so I can track what works and what doesn't. These are the steps I've taken so far...keep in mind just because I did it does not mean that it's the best method; it's just what's worked for me. If these next 2 shops go as smoothly as the first then I intend to market my services for this since I've spent alot of money trying to get this desired outcome from multiple "reputable" sellers with no success.
Lastly, keep in mind I am a US Seller creating a US account. I intend to branch out worldwide with different methods as I continue on this journey.
-Step 1: New IP Address. I literally knew NOTHING about how any of this worked when I got my first ban back in November. Me personally, I decided to pay for Oxylabs Residential Proxy since that was the one consistent source that I had seen. I believe IPBurger is recommended on this platform and that would work as well. I'm simply telling you what I did.
-Step 2: Software. Several different ways to do this but essentially you're trying to emulate a different computer for each account. I went with an anti-detect browser which allows multiple logins (you use your proxies here. Lots of good youtube videos showing the step by step. Personally, I've been experimenting with both adspower as well as dolphin (anty) since both were free and I haven't had an issue with either. I do feel like adspower runs a bit quicker but I could be wrong. The whole point of this step is to allow you to manage your accounts from different IP Addresses.
3. Warm up the browsers. Again, some good youtube videos on this but basically a brand new browser with a new ip address and zero cookies is a red flag for etsy. I uploaded a list of websites on both adspower as well as dolphin anty and let them "Warm up" a bit.
4. Go to Etsy and create account - the steps here are vital in order to increase your Etsy trust score so when the bots are analyzing your data, it's all green flags. I haven't gotten far enough yet to see what works and doesn't work but I used a friend's info and created an account. The deal we made is I link my LLC to the account prior to the cut off to convert personal accounts to business accounts (end of March I believe). I've been told that I can create an account with my actual name, I just need to jig my address - I intend to test this method in the next couple days. I created an account with an IP address in her area and then added a random profile picture (use a site like thispersondoesnotexist) and turned on 2FA with the authenticator app. spent 15-20 minutes clicking around Etsy and favoriting items and adding some items to my collections. I then found a $3 digital planner and put it in my cart. I then wrote them a note saying how excited I was to use it. Lastly, I added her address to my account profile so I then had a default address and went to checkout. I used the credit card that I intend to use with my business and input her name and address and low and behold it went through lol. I then downloaded the file and left a 5 star review. After this step I logged out and did not touch the account again for about 30ish hours.

I've typed more than I intended to and I'm sure it's one heck of a word vomit but writing really isn't my thing lol in fact I've been a life long silent thread reader and never comment anywhere but I see this come up alot and I wish I had some steps listed out. I'll jump on tomorrow and do the second half. Please leave any questions you might have and I'll get to them when I jump back on!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to obushortstop For This Useful Post:
accostrichmir (02-15-2024), tedsmith1990 (01-13-2024)
Old 01-04-2024
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automasters View Post
It sounds like Etsy is a lot like bonanza, once you are banned you have to be extra careful, like egay was in the old days. Had to use new ip, new address, the works.....
haha egay huh? I don't know what that was like but I intend to use the same address at some point and simply jig it at least until they figure out how to crack down on it. For anybody that doesn't know what address jigging is (bc I had never heard the term til a week or 2 ago), you essentially input your address but slightly wrong. I literally input my address into chatgpt and it spit out like 10 different variations, one of which I used when buying with my 2nd buyer account and the sale went through just fine.
remark8080 (01-18-2024)
Old 01-04-2024
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post
Did you get copyright strikes or was someone at Etsy actively flagging your account? My issues selling wall art was always getting copyright strikes, a lot of times by bots. The nature of their copyright against was not accurate however it doesn't matter with those things. Have to be careful but I know the potentional is huge.
I got copyright strikes but there were several bogus ones in there that I fought and one. The wall art was so stupid though...I was making "Frat flags" for mom's so they could take them to their sons for mom week and I literally had somebody report the flags because there's copyrights on greek letters believe it or not. There was also some times that Etsy bots would flag a listing literally before it even got created for no reason at all. The potential is why I've been up day and night for 2 months trying to crack the code. My digital designs were doing over $1k a day at one point and the margin on those is like 85% so at that point I was like this is the future for me lol I do all my own designs and it's one of the few things that I'm OCD about but buyers appreciate it especially since so many people steal designs and resell a blurry object.
solefoodbk (01-04-2024)
Old 01-04-2024
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ygtyksl123 View Post
I've spent too much time to open-up my another shop. I suspended once without any information and now, trying to find a workaround to open my new shop. I tried bunch of methods but cannot get it to work sadly. Please share your thoughts and knowledges and hope we find a way to fix this issue.
Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth method

Old 01-05-2024
Threadstarter  

GUYS...As of today I have 3 Etsy Accounts Up and Running and the first one got its first 5 sales today!! I put together a spreadsheet so I can keep track of each step for each account.
Old 01-05-2024
Threadstarter  

Okay....Continuing on from my earlier post which ended at me logging out after making a purchase.
Step 5. Log back into your account and create seller shop. Etsy asks you a bunch of questions. I only answer the 1st one and say that I've been selling but want to expand to Etsy (apparently that builds trust with Etsy). I then skip the remaining questions. You then get to the listing. Make sure it is a DIGITAL LISTING for this step. Just take a random photo and use it for the listing. The first account was under a friends name and info so I input all of it and then got onto my phone to verify my bank account info since it wasn't letting me do it on the computer. I used a new browser though...I do not recommend logging into an Etsy app. I linked the bank account via plaid and then input when I wanted to receive payments. My CC was already approved (you cannot reuse a CC number from a previous account or it'll get flagged). After that it was an approved seller account! I then jumped back onto my computer and added 5 more listings lol. I thought maybe I'd have to verify info with documents once the sales started coming but I did not have to, I'm assuming bc the info checked out with the info the government has for that person.
Old 01-05-2024
Threadstarter  

I also have a seller account up and running and it's literally ALL of my information. Real name, address, social, etc. I jigged my address and that seemed to do the trick. Just like the shop mentioned above, Etsy approved the account and I have not been asked to provide any documents.
mislilac (02-11-2024)
Old 01-05-2024

Hi, I was checking your post. Is your account still running.

I have created 2 account and they both suspended.

1 Account suspended 24 hour after creating
2- Account suspended after 30 days, I received 1 sale and after sale account suspended in 3 days.

I appealed and they rejected
Old 01-05-2024

I am not sure why account being suspended after sales. It was not suspended for 36 days and so I made a sale. Still took more 3 days and it suspended.

I am not sure why this is happening?
Old 01-05-2024
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I also have a seller account up and running and it's literally ALL of my information. Real name, address, social, etc. I jigged my address and that seemed to do the trick. Just like the shop mentioned above, Etsy approved the account and I have not been asked to provide any documents.
Hopefully it holds
Old 01-05-2024

Longevity: 24%

Quote:
they will catch you after first sale. be carefull.
Old 01-05-2024

Activity: 24%
Longevity: 2%

If you survive a week after the first sale, you can confidently say: it worked!
Conventionally it is up to 48 hours, but from experience I know that it was often after 3-4 days.
Your main key to success is your new fingerprint - you won't get anywhere without it.