etsy - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 08-10-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%
Default Re: etsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
Yes, I know. That's why I use PP. C'mon now...I talk about Et.sy more than anyone else on this forum. Not asking for a lesson in ste/alth. Just stating my experience because blatantly stating that using an alternative CC method is guaranteed more sales is absolutely wrong.

Plenty of people also prefer PP since it's universally recognizable and used in a million places.
I have been selling on etsy a lot too about (4 years until i got canned recently).. Before i sold on ebay for about 12 years. CC account worked great and many people didn't have paypal used this service.. I guess it will work only if i use family or friends name instead of my own name variant. So do you just use new paypal account then? Have you made a stealth etsy account?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovidiu View Post
unknown5454,

etsy members talk about this and confirm it is so. And a friend who got booted by of those nasty cliques came back stealth with my help, PP only, and saw sales plummet from a major part of her income to a small part. PP only equals reduced sales. I am not trying to start an argument. It's just fact, and I truly wish it were not so. You can't even accept etsy gift cards as payment without signing up for their own merchant service.
What do you mean by nasty cliques.. you mean like mini unions in each category on etsy? But yeah paypal only does take away lot of sales. I operated 4 shops on etsy each account generating some flow with paypal only ,then i added cc merchant and seems to increase about 40-50 % But then again i don' t know if they had paypal and cc but im guessing just a cc.. And few have used giftcards as well. But still paypal and etsy is better then nothig i suppose..
Old 08-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronengriffharry View Post
I agree, having both is better.
But having only PP is better than nothing.
I have been on ETSY before they rolled out their Direct Checkout in 2012.
Since I was allowed to use it sales went higher.
But anyway, I am not complaining...
If i'm using a family member, i'm sure i can get direct checkout right?
Old 08-10-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakamuru View Post
If i'm using a family member, i'm sure i can get direct checkout right?
We don't recommend using Family or Friends info to open accounts.
Old 08-10-2014

Quote:
That's true. Just so ironic that out of all the platforms out there, etsy is the hardest one to get back on in full.
yikes.. i always thought etsy was the very wearker form of ebay but getting on them full is much harder you are saying is not comforting too me .. i generated more flow there then ebay due to handmade items
Old 08-10-2014

Quote:
OK, clear things up here. Of course having BOTH is better. That was not what was being discussed. We said one or the other.

Now, I will give you the +1 on gift cards. I forgot they have that in place because it just doesn't affect me. Most of my sales are pulled in from Google Shopping and no Et.sy customer has complained about using PP.

As for Et.sy being the hardest to get back on...in what regards? I can have a new account on there in 1-2 minutes, if that. It's on par with Cra.igs.List and that's as fast as I can make accounts.

If you sell the exact same item, picture, title...you're an idiot. Of course that does not work. But, you literally just need a new IP, PP, CC and Windows User to make an account. If you can't handle that or find that too hard, I don't know what you are doing on this forum.
Whoa ok.. forget my other posts.. im glad you are saying its much easier... i'm studying quite hard for the stealth (asking lot of questions and searching) so i don't screw up first time around.. but comparing too craigslist.. seems kind of too easy.. im sure etsy is growing every year (when i started back 4-5 years ago.. it has developed so much and im sure security will too. .. I saw ellen degneres mention it on her show and seems like its mainstream when people used to shout out "sell that on ebay" on various tv shows news etc..
Old 08-10-2014

Quote:
One bad seller and her/his buddies gang up on people and report their listings/leave bad reviews. etsy doesn't verify anything and boots you off after a few too many.
I don't understand why sellers feel threatened when there is competition. They want to monopolize the industry and don't realize that competition sometimes helps sales. Now I realize even handmade seller who can be a sweet old lady making cake toppers can be viscous when it comes to competition.
Old 08-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
We don't recommend using Family or Friends info to open accounts.
how come? what if they will never use ebay or etsy. i know it as fact cause no matter how much i convince my family member to use and sell on ebay (they don't even have second thought). When i say then i will use it.. no second thought either..
Old 08-10-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 2%
Longevity: 76%

If you are using someone else's info on Et,sy and using the Et.sy payment processor, that means you are using their S.SN. I hope they know that.

Just use one PP. Then create a new email address in PP every time you need to create a new Et.sy account. It's very simple.
Old 08-10-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
how come? what if they will never use ebay or etsy. i know it as fact cause no matter how much i convince my family member to use and sell on ebay (they don't even have second thought). When i say then i will use it.. no second thought either..
Let me give you a scenario:
1. You open New Accounts in your Family Names, Addresses.
2. You some how get those accounts limited

What are you going to do then? Your going to keep using other family members? What happens when or if you run out of family?

The point I want to make is, Making your accounts in Stealth allows for mistakes, If you kill 2, 5, 10....You can start over.
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
unkown5454 (08-11-2014)
Old 08-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
Let me give you a scenario:
1. You open New Accounts in your Family Names, Addresses.
2. You some how get those accounts limited

What are you going to do then? Your going to keep using other family members? What happens when or if you run out of family?

The point I want to make is, Making your accounts in Stealth allows for mistakes, If you kill 2, 5, 10....You can start over.
I agree with you on that.. I guess it seems they have all the documents and more ease of mind when verification comes. but guess i have to learn more stealth in terms of how handle that properly.
Old 08-11-2014

Quote:
If you are using someone else's info on Et,sy and using the Et.sy payment processor, that means you are using their S.SN. I hope they know that.

Just use one PP. Then create a new email address in PP every time you need to create a new Et.sy account. It's very simple.
that seems very convenient to have one pp and using several email addresses for several etsy account.. I was thinking of it was several pp and several etsy.. which seemed so congested.. So if i had 4 etsy account all i need is one pp and 4 different gmails and make sure each has separate ip and separate everything is else.. its interesting because i'm wondering why etsy doesn't know one paypal belongs to several emails..
Old 08-11-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I agree with you on that.. I guess it seems they have all the documents and more ease of mind when verification comes. but guess i have to learn more stealth in terms of how handle that properly.
I totally understand how you feel, I burned literally 5 family member accounts....lol and I'm not exactly proud of doing it.

With Stealth, I've destroyed at least a dozen.....best part is that I don't feel bad because I have I have 20-30 at any given time all just waiting to batter up!
Old 08-11-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
that seems very convenient to have one pp and using several email addresses for several etsy account.. I was thinking of it was several pp and several etsy.. which seemed so congested.. So if i had 4 etsy account all i need is one pp and 4 different gmails and make sure each has separate ip and separate everything is else.. its interesting because i'm wondering why etsy doesn't know one paypal belongs to several emails..
Keep the Et.sy accounts on separate Windows users, IP's, CC's, etc.

Then create multiple email accounts and attach them all to one PP. Et.sy cannot tell where the email addresses are going.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to unkown5454 For This Useful Post:
gilluska (07-01-2015), kronengriffharry (08-11-2014)
Old 08-11-2014

Longevity: 57%

Quote:

Then create multiple email accounts and attach them all to one PP. Et.sy cannot tell where the email addresses are going.
VERY very true. They have no clue.

One PP can only have 8 emails so there is a limit to how many ste.alth Et.sys you can run on one PP. Of course you can and should have more than one anyway so really a nonissue.
The Following User Says Thank You to novemberrain1970 For This Useful Post:
gilluska (07-01-2015)
Old 05-15-2015

Longevity: 51%

@hecubus I know how you feel...all the feedbacks where 100% satisfied customers!!! Till some jelous competitor get jelous and email etsy complaining!! Thats how my shop closed...working on opening another one...

I got a new pp
Got a new cell number
Now working on getting a new cc don't know which one to go for that I can refill when needed.
Does anyone know which one.
Old 05-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,938 Times in 8,229 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

New CC can be Entropay, Royal Bank gift credit card, or Vanilla Visa
Old 05-15-2015

I just opened my store again on Etsy and now its asking me my banks name , account owners name and institution number and account number...

also name and date of birth

and they say for your protection we may verify your identity with a secure third party service.

My questions now is do I go to a complete different bank of the same one i have to open a other account.

2nd question: My name and date of birth... can I use my same name or mix it up a bit.

Thanks everyone for all your help!!
Old 05-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,938 Times in 8,229 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Open new bank account - at same bank is ok though
Old 05-16-2015

Who do I pay etsy fee with? Vcc?
Old 07-01-2015

Longevity: 52%

Quote:

so really there is an option to have one PP and multiple different email adresses without being linked?

because there is a lot of info about this in forum, one part says one pp/per account then one pp and multiple different emails and a lot of accounts (which sounds easier), what kind of information in et.y able to see about of receiver of payment? only email? name? adress?
Old 07-01-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilluska View Post
so really there is an option to have one PP and multiple different email adresses without being linked?

because there is a lot of info about this in forum, one part says one pp/per account then one pp and multiple different emails and a lot of accounts (which sounds easier), what kind of information in et.y able to see about of receiver of payment? only email? name? adress?
No. The part people are confusing is paying your fees with a ba.nned PP account.

When I mention using the same PP with multiple stores, I am referring to receiving payments only. Et.sy is not the only marketplace like this either. Anyone using PP Standard cannot see where the payments are going as the checkout process takes place through PP's portal.
The Following User Says Thank You to unkown5454 For This Useful Post:
gilluska (07-02-2015)