Shop Not Showing in Search - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Marketplace Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-01-2015
novemberrain1970's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 265
Thanks: 331
Thanked 83 Times in 60 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 45%
iTrader: (1)
Default Shop Not Showing in Search

I have been off Et.sy for a while and I never posted on forums there or anything like that but there is this one member who was like my nemesis, in the same niche as me and it seemed that no matter what this person did their shop survived (horrible reviews being one glaring example.) I do from time to time stop back in just to see if they are still peddling their wares and lo and behold today, could not find their shop via search. I can direct link to it using their shop URL and their items still are for sale. I have only seen this one other time and that person's shop was soon gone completely. Is it the beginning of the end for my nemesis? Is it bad that this makes me somewhat happy if so?
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 01-01-2015
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 200
Thanks: 10
Thanked 51 Times in 39 Posts
Activity: 8%
Longevity: 53%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Shop Not Showing in Search

There is a problem with my shop? hahaa just kidding...
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to big tymer For This Useful Post:
novemberrain1970 (01-02-2015)
  #3  
Old 01-02-2015
novemberrain1970's Avatar
Senior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 265
Thanks: 331
Thanked 83 Times in 60 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 45%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: Shop Not Showing in Search

Quote:
Originally Posted by big tymer View Post
There is a problem with my shop? hahaa just kidding...
Hahaha! I needed that this morning big tymer! From what I have gathered from my friend Google that is done in "soft suspensions" so their account is not totally gone but items don't appear in search. I guess we shall see if their "friends in high places" can save them this time.

For what it's worth, this happened once before but they came back immediately under a new name (and it's not ste/alth since they take DC and are in the US) so my conspiracy theory of Et.sy having "pets" who can do whatever they like lives on. You can read through and spot all of their ⊗⊗⊗⊗ reviews (from brand new profiles) a mile away but their business was booming because they made sure all those terrible reviews were offset with ⊗⊗⊗⊗ at least 3/1.

I need to let it go. I know I know. Leaving Et.sy was the best thing that ever happened to me for my sanity but still.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-03-2015
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,814
Thanks: 454
Thanked 287 Times in 233 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: Shop Not Showing in Search

It is NOT a bad thing to feel happy about it. Little thugs like that who lash out at competitors in dirty, underhanded ways just for the hell of it are the scourge of online selling and they are lower than pond scum.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ovidiu For This Useful Post:
novemberrain1970 (01-03-2015)
  #5  
Old 01-03-2015
novemberrain1970's Avatar
Senior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 265
Thanks: 331
Thanked 83 Times in 60 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 45%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: Shop Not Showing in Search

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovidiu View Post
It is NOT a bad thing to feel happy about it. Little thugs like that who lash out at competitors in dirty, underhanded ways just for the hell of it are the scourge of online selling and they are lower than pond scum.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-04-2015
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 200
Thanks: 10
Thanked 51 Times in 39 Posts
Activity: 8%
Longevity: 53%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Shop Not Showing in Search

Is the shop still there?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-04-2015
novemberrain1970's Avatar
Senior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 265
Thanks: 331
Thanked 83 Times in 60 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 45%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: Shop Not Showing in Search

Quote:
Originally Posted by big tymer View Post
Is the shop still there?
Yep. I'm sure their shady azz will be there for eternity with their cronies at the big E.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-05-2015
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 200
Thanks: 10
Thanked 51 Times in 39 Posts
Activity: 8%
Longevity: 53%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Shop Not Showing in Search

I hate that sort of stuff that goes on there at et/sy. when you consider the bullying by some shop owners on others, the shops who can get away listing items that are in clear violation, and the supreme idiots that work there that seem to take care of certain sellers, I am surprised the site has lasted as long as it has. even the forums there are not friendly at times, I have seen people go to the forums for help with sales and setting up their shop properly only to get their shop shut down for apparent violations because other sellers (competitors) reported them directly to the admin.

I sell there, but have learned to just keep my mouth shut on the forums there and try and fly under the radar. It just get frustrating to see it like that.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to big tymer For This Useful Post:
novemberrain1970 (01-05-2015)
  #9  
Old 01-05-2015
novemberrain1970's Avatar
Senior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 265
Thanks: 331
Thanked 83 Times in 60 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 45%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: Shop Not Showing in Search

Quote:
Originally Posted by big tymer View Post
I hate that sort of stuff that goes on there at et/sy. when you consider the bullying by some shop owners on others, the shops who can get away listing items that are in clear violation, and the supreme idiots that work there that seem to take care of certain sellers, I am surprised the site has lasted as long as it has. even the forums there are not friendly at times, I have seen people go to the forums for help with sales and setting up their shop properly only to get their shop shut down for apparent violations because other sellers (competitors) reported them directly to the admin.

I sell there, but have learned to just keep my mouth shut on the forums there and try and fly under the radar. It just get frustrating to see it like that.
Total agreement here! I quit selling there because of the BS. I have never posted in the forums once (read silently sometimes, and shook my head) and I have never gone to admin unless attacked, which did me no good. In fact I think it made it worse. The one person who really sought to do me harm (and went sock-puppeting all over the internet to do so) finally got shut down so there is SOME vindication in that.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to novemberrain1970 For This Useful Post:
astoria (01-06-2015), big tymer (01-06-2015)
  #10  
Old 01-13-2015
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 52
Thanks: 0
Thanked 17 Times in 13 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 42%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Shop Not Showing in Search

Quote:
Originally Posted by novemberrain1970 View Post
Total agreement here! I quit selling there because of the BS. I have never posted in the forums once (read silently sometimes, and shook my head) and I have never gone to admin unless attacked, which did me no good. In fact I think it made it worse. The one person who really sought to do me harm (and went sock-puppeting all over the internet to do so) finally got shut down so there is SOME vindication in that.
I try to fly under the radar as well but then I will get a message from someone telling me they put one of my items in their treasury. I'm like "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!" LOL
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dcbshowstopper For This Useful Post:
novemberrain1970 (01-14-2015)
  #11  
Old 01-13-2015
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 200
Thanks: 10
Thanked 51 Times in 39 Posts
Activity: 8%
Longevity: 53%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Shop Not Showing in Search

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbshowstopper View Post
I try to fly under the radar as well but then I will get a message from someone telling me they put one of my items in their treasury. I'm like "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!" LOL
Do people still do treasuries there since they took them off the front page? I remember last year when it happened with the new layout, many shop owners got angry and vowed to stop making them.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to big tymer For This Useful Post:
novemberrain1970 (01-14-2015)
  #12  
Old 01-14-2015
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 52
Thanks: 0
Thanked 17 Times in 13 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 42%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Shop Not Showing in Search

Quote:
Originally Posted by big tymer View Post
Do people still do treasuries there since they took them off the front page? I remember last year when it happened with the new layout, many shop owners got angry and vowed to stop making them.
Yep, they sure do. I really didn't benefit from them, however.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dcbshowstopper For This Useful Post:
novemberrain1970 (01-14-2015)
  #13  
Old 01-14-2015
novemberrain1970's Avatar
Senior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 265
Thanks: 331
Thanked 83 Times in 60 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 45%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: Shop Not Showing in Search

I got put in quite a few and hated it. I do not miss the E word not one bit.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-14-2015
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 200
Thanks: 10
Thanked 51 Times in 39 Posts
Activity: 8%
Longevity: 53%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Shop Not Showing in Search

treasuries are over rated when they appeared on the front page anyway. good for your stats in that you get a lot of views and that was always nice to see, but generally no sales. I rather just show up in search results with good ranking.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to big tymer For This Useful Post:
novemberrain1970 (01-14-2015)
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can eBay Prevent A Listing From Showing In Search? drm701 Auction Listing 5 10-16-2013 08:54 PM
Listing is active but not showing on Search i5 UK Auction Listing 4 08-11-2011 04:37 AM
Items not showing up in search SaiJin Amazon X 16 10-12-2010 12:50 AM
eBay Launches Campaign Showing Eco-Conscious Ways to Shop eBayNews eBay News 0 10-12-2009 09:50 AM
pictures now showing for shop items in search results? imjustme eBay Discussion! 0 11-06-2007 10:27 AM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:37 PM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts