EIN and Etsy verification - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 10-26-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 43%
Default Re: EIN and Etsy verification

Quote:
Originally Posted by iestinor View Post
yeah they will ask for an id. work around is
change your bank info. then change it back again after.
but note that house will get a mail from your bank stating you are changing to that adress.

i think i saw someone had someone make a really good ⊗⊗⊗⊗ id for them I've never tried tho
So if I change my bank's info in advance, then ETSY will not ask for an id? Is my understanding correct? And may I know how your solve the SSN issue? Thanks!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-01-2016
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 74%

My understanding is Etsy cannot see bank account details like name, address. Only that there is a valid account open. Thats all. The Banking system doesn't reveal that information for privacy reasons. Otherwise we could find Bill Gates' bank account easily
Old 11-01-2016

I have tried 3x now to open a new stealth account after my shop was suddenly closed without due cause. This has left me in a difficult position as I am in the midst of recovering from a near lethal case of malaria and can't work. My E*tsy shop has been my only source of income for months. I read stealth and had success about a year ago (but then all that was needed was a new paypal and VPN, etc - now they require bank info and it ID)

The first time, I opened a new bank account in my real name, and used my same birthday but changed my bank home address, new phone number, new email, plus the new bank account, new VCC. I also used a VPN, and a new account on my computer. I am trying to open a Canadian e*tsy account btw.

I got a message saying they couldn't verify my identity so i uploaded an old passport. I was able to open an account but it was shut down about 5 days later. I was told the reason was because they wanted an explanation about why I was operating an account in a location different than the one in the info I provided.

This was not the case as the VPN was for my home country/city, and correlated with all the address/bank info I provided. I tried to ask them what they meant, but they wouldn't elaborate and just said they will not let me have an account.

I tried a second time today- this time again with new bank info, new address, new phone number, new home address, new email, and new bank account (this time with a totally different bank) plus i went to a coffee shop I've never been to for a different IP address.

The only thing I did was use a different birthday in case that similarity caused a red flag before (first i called my bank to see if that was info they verified - they said they never really did, and no one ever really asks that)

Again, I received a message telling me that they couldn't verify my identity (i tripple checked, with my bank on the phone even) and asked me to upload ID.

Has anyone had this issue and is there a workaround? I'm starting to freak out a bit..

Is it because I used a different bday? The bank seemed pretty sure that info wouldn't be asked.. but all the other information was correct.

Is my name the red flag? Does it matter that it's a bit unusual? I wouldn't think an algorythm could pick up on that..

Or is this just what E*sty does now? How do people open stealth accounts then?

I have considered getting a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ DL with my information that excludes my middle names, but that just seems too shady.. what happens if they try and verify the DL numbers?

Other than that I've considered setting up a business account - as the account name would be different, but what happens if they need ID for that too? They don't even give ID for business licences..

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!! I am at a loss as to what to do next and don't even know how I can survive without this, it's been my main source of income for the past year, while I've been so sick.
Old 11-02-2016

Longevity: 51%

From what I remember it was probably a bad idea for you to use a VPN. Sites like Et.sy and Eb.ay black list VPN IP's because well lets face it, people like us use would be using them

Having to provide ID is normal. They can't check your ID via your bank details. Basically if they can't find you through your local governments systems to say you live at the address you have given, they are going to ask for proof of identity. Without this you are not going to get your stealth account. You're going to have to bite the bullet and find a way to provide one or there is no point in setting up your stealth. There is no other way.

Good luck, hope all goes well for you. But for the future try and set up your own website and drive sales through that instead, Et.sy is an unreliable source of income, and building it up again only to possibly lose it will cause you more stress than good.
The Following User Says Thank You to zenohki For This Useful Post:
ManaKill (11-02-2016)
Old 11-02-2016

Thank you so much for your reply. Yesterday, instead of using a Vpn i went to a random coffee shop to use their ip (I wanted to get set up before getting a dedicated vpn)

ohh I see. I thought if I changed my bank account address and it matched the address I provided this would be a match when confirming the bank info. I didn't think my local government had an address for me as I don't have a drivers licence - all i have is a health card and a passport, and ive never updated to my current address on them.

If I provide an old real Id then will it be a red flag if my full, four name (first, middle, 2nd middle, last) is a match? (my bank account just uses first and last) .

Are there any other options for providing ID that have been proven to work that you know of?

Last time I provided an old passport with a pic that doesn't even look like me now and i still got shut down after a week - though in that case maybe it was the vpn..

Yes, I hear you on not relying on etsy. I've tried setting up an offline site but Etsy has a built in audience which makes it much easier.. In the future I will try and keep building but it's a lot harder and takes a lot longer.

Thank you so much again!
Old 11-02-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkYYY View Post
Thank you so much for your reply. Yesterday, instead of using a Vpn i went to a random coffee shop to use their ip (I wanted to get set up before getting a dedicated vpn)

ohh I see. I thought if I changed my bank account address and it matched the address I provided this would be a match when confirming the bank info. I didn't think my local government had an address for me as I don't have a drivers licence - all i have is a health card and a passport, and ive never updated to my current address on them.

If I provide an old real Id then will it be a red flag if my full, four name (first, middle, 2nd middle, last) is a match? (my bank account just uses first and last) .

Are there any other options for providing ID that have been proven to work that you know of?

Last time I provided an old passport with a pic that doesn't even look like me now and i still got shut down after a week - though in that case maybe it was the vpn..

Yes, I hear you on not relying on etsy. I've tried setting up an offline site but Etsy has a built in audience which makes it much easier.. In the future I will try and keep building but it's a lot harder and takes a lot longer.

Thank you so much again!
Have you covered all aspects of stealth? So a new pc profile, new email, turned off email images, used new photos, acted like a new seller etc?

I'm not able to give you full information as being UK based it is a different process. But most people here would provide their address to the government and that database is what Et.sy use, I had not updated mine for a while so was able to take advantage of that on one of my stealths. But this is where Et.sy look for you and if they don't see your name on the address you gave that is when they ask you for ID.

Have you purchased and read the stealth guide? Everything you need to know is there, and using it's check list you would probably be able to figure out where you went wrong. It's hard to tell without you laying out your stealth plan for all to see, but keep in mind that Et.sy are used to people being banned and trying to set back up again, it could be that if your name matches your area and matches the product category you used to sell in, they might pick you up and shut you down. But it could be something as simple as having not followed a simple stealth step like new bank account or new product photos.

For ID, search the forums if you can't provide one yourself. There are options, but ID is necessary.
Old 11-03-2016
MU

Longevity: 48%

Hello People
I don't understand why you focus on having US Et accounts?
me and my team manage 57 shops on etsy, and all of them are stealth accounts
everything is simple.

We use VPN for each one of them and for each order we get
we ship from our own country. The buyer in most cases don't care where the product is ship from, So whats the problem. Working with accounts from other countries with VPN are working amazing they don't even ask for ID

You should start working out of the box with US accounts
think different there are other options.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to manoverde For This Useful Post:
Gladiator (11-17-2016), T1000 (05-01-2017), xoxhunni3xox (11-27-2016)
Old 11-05-2016

Longevity: 66%

Hi could you please also help me manoverde. I will greatly appreciate it. Thank you
Old 11-06-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by manoverde View Post
Hello People
everything is simple.

we ship from our own country. The buyer in most cases don't care where the product is ship from, So whats the problem. Working with accounts from other countries with VPN are working amazing they don't even ask for ID

I guess for some it's easier, for example I don't use a VPN here in the UK, so I can only create UK accounts. Might be the same for our US friends. Just remember that not everyone has the same resources available to them. There is no way I could manage 57 accounts, and no way I will ever hire anyone to help me get that far :P
Old 11-06-2016
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 74%

This is the Internet, we all have the same resources - only accessing them may be more difficult.

US accounts are in high demand because US buyers typically don't like to see other countries especially if it was not advertised as originating there. That would effect the ship time they were expecting to get it in also.
Old 11-17-2016
MU

Longevity: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManaKill View Post
This is the Internet, we all have the same resources - only accessing them may be more difficult.

US accounts are in high demand because US buyers typically don't like to see other countries especially if it was not advertised as originating there. That would effect the ship time they were expecting to get it in also.
Just say something like US DELIVERY IN 5 BUSINESS DAYS and they don't give a damn. Trust me.
Old 11-27-2016

Longevity: 42%

Quote:
Originally Posted by manoverde View Post
Hello People
everything is simple.

What country do you set it up in? And what VPN service do you use? Thanks in advance!
Old 07-18-2017

Longevity: 46%

I would love to hear more on how you can open accts in other countries.
Thank you!!
Old 07-19-2017
MU

No one will give full details on it in public anymore. You need basic stealth plus you have to do it in a certain sequence.
Old 07-19-2017

Longevity: 57%

I would suggest contacting Gladiator (OFF this forum) as she knows her stuff. Why keep burning bank accounts and shops without knowing EXACTLY what to do? It is only gonna continue to frustrate you and may or may not succeed.
The Following User Says Thank You to novemberrain1970 For This Useful Post:
Gladiator (07-19-2017)
Old 07-19-2017

Longevity: 39%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
No one will give full details on it in public anymore. You need basic stealth plus you have to do it in a certain sequence.
Gladiator is it possible for me to PM you?
Old 07-19-2017
MU

Thanks. Yeah, people are looking to buy accounts (not going to happen) and aren't getting the proper way to get around it. I hate to be one of those people, but it'd be easier if folks would just listen to me...lol
The Following User Says Thank You to Gladiator For This Useful Post:
novemberrain1970 (07-20-2017)
Old 07-19-2017

Longevity: 62%

Quote:
Thanks. Yeah, people are looking to buy accounts (not going to happen) and aren't getting the proper way to get around it. I hate to be one of those people, but it'd be easier if folks would just listen to me...lol
I am interested in emailing with you Gladiator if you are willing! I can't PM on here yet...
Old 07-19-2017
MU

Message sent!
Old 07-20-2017

Quote:
Message sent!
Gladiator I am interested in emailing you as well. And am unable to PM due to not having up to 10 posts yet.
The Following User Says Thank You to jojorow1 For This Useful Post:
Gladiator (07-20-2017)
Old 07-20-2017

Hey guys,

Been reading through the forum this past week and learned a lot.

I will be using a brand new:

Name
Computer
Internet (wifi at newly rented office)
SSN
Bank Account

(all legit and real names, accounts, ssn, etc)

All info will be completely different from previous account.

I will need to take new photos, will using the same camera affect anything?
If i edit the photos in photoshop on a compromised computer, transfer to new computer through email, then upload (on new computer) will that get me linked?

Trying to do everything right here, any input would be great! Anything i'm missing?
Old 07-22-2017
MU

You won't be linked for new photos. Just strip the data off the photos if you're concerned about the camera make/model/info showing.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gladiator For This Useful Post:
Tlp77 (08-23-2020)