Action Required - Information Needed to Complete Direct Checkout Sign-Up - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 04-07-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 47%
Post Action Required - Information Needed to Complete Direct Checkout Sign-Up

Received this and not sure how i should respond.

Congratulations on your first sale using Direct Checkout.

It has come to our attention that the name on the documentation you've provided does not match the information associated with your account. Can you please explain this discrepancy?

If there is more than one person involved in your shop, we may require that you provide a valid ID for each person.

If you need to provide an ID for another person in your shop, please visit e&sy upload and upload ONE of the following:

a valid driver’s license

a valid government-issued photo ID

a valid government-issued passport
Until we complete your Direct Checkout verification, we will not be able to finish processing any future Direct Checkout purchases

Giving more details my
ID Drivers Licence
Shows JAMES TOGIN
Address 48 LENTONS WAY
BALLYS
PYT FJG

AND MY PHONE BILL
Shows JOHN TOGIN
Address 48 LENTONS WAY
BALLYS
PYT FJG

Obviously the problem is on Is James and one is John.

The account was set up giving James as my name for the account.

What should i say as to the reason the names miss match?

Any help much appreciated.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-07-2016
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Action Required - Information Needed to Complete Direct Checkout Sign-Up

I was hoping that i could uses something along the lines of, I've never liked using my real name and so i've got it change on a lot of my bills, and that John is my middle name, could this work?

Not really sure what other choice i have?
Old 04-08-2016

Longevity: 51%
Default Re: Action Required - Information Needed to Complete Direct Checkout Sign-Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtproducts View Post
I was hoping that i could uses something along the lines of, I've never liked using my real name and so i've got it change on a lot of my bills, and that John is my middle name, could this work?

Not really sure what other choice i have?
Hi MT I replied to your PM asking about this I get it now.

you could try going along the lines of its a discrepancy on the drivers licence, you just haven't gotten round to fixing it as its not caused an issue before, then ask if you need to get it amended before they will open the account?

My real driving licence lists me as MRS when I'm just miss. So these mistakes do happen.

Other option is claim one is your middle name, just you tend to prefer your middle name as maybe a sisters partner shares the same name or something like that? (happened with my mum and my dads sister, both had the same name and I never knew till i was about 16 because we called my aunty by her middle name.)

It may not work either way if Et.sy are super suspicious about it. But it should be easy enough to work on a brand new account if this fails.
Old 04-08-2016
Threadstarter  

Post Re: Action Required - Information Needed to Complete Direct Checkout Sign-Up

Thinking about it E*sty must be able to see bank account info IE. Name?
And that it differers from ID Name.

This is obviously why they are asking? So really it seems to me you can't use any bank account and it would actually need to be a LLC (Business bank account) Which names tally up to the ID.
Old 04-08-2016

Longevity: 51%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtproducts View Post
Thinking about it E*sty must be able to see bank account info IE. Name?
And that it differers from ID Name.

This is obviously why they are asking? So really it seems to me you can't use any bank account and it would actually need to be a LLC (Business bank account) Which names tally up to the ID.
I don't think it is them looking at your bank account name and then the ID name, mine are different and the account is just fine.