Corona Virus - Page 41 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Old 03-27-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 37%
Default Re: Corona Virus

Oh doh! US now surpasses China, Italy confirmed cases
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-27-2020

Longevity: 34%

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkingupwards View Post
Read between the lines

The virus will be allowed to keep raging on until everybody is infected. They're now peddling the story that it "could" become a "seasonal" virus.

So we should shut down the economy every winter when the deadly virus shows up? Of course not... Why should we when we have a vaccine that will take care of business? ---> Mandatory vaccination is coming
Has Germany put out any propaganda? Do you call it propaganda?
Old 03-27-2020

Longevity: 34%

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
New Orleans may be smaller city,but watch it grows!!!!!!!!!!!
The French Qtr,the Mardi Gras,the poverty,all those bars !
Really does boil down to ignorance and/or arrogance. Democracies are slow to rally.
Old 03-27-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthLannister View Post
Very rough times in the USA indeed.
Old 03-27-2020

Activity: 11%
Longevity: 41%

BoJo (boris johnson) has now contracted Coronavirus ....
Old 03-27-2020

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthLannister View Post
well, Italy, duh. we only have 5 times as many people as them. China? Also duh. The fact that we know as much as we do about what's happening in China, is impressive as it is.
Old 03-27-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
And how exactly does that go against my idea?
Carrying on like normal if you are a carrier means you spread the virus

Say you have the virus and you go about your business as you usually would you can spend upto 2 weeks spreading that virus everywhere you go and to everyone you meet. Its not just being caught by the elderly and those with pre-existing conditions. That is exactly the sort of daft thinking that causes the virus to spread. If everyone stayed at home for 2 weeks it would all but kill the momentum of the virus. Its being with that thought process that 'I don't have it so I can go about my business as usual' that means its continuing to spread. Common sense no?
Old 03-27-2020

Longevity: 38%

29% growth yesterday(17,224 new cases). NOT awesome.
2.5% serious/critical
1889 recovered.

Old 03-27-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
Carrying on like normal if you are a carrier means you spread the virus

Say you have the virus and you go about your business as you usually would you can spend upto 2 weeks spreading that virus everywhere you go and to everyone you meet. Its not just being caught by the elderly and those with pre-existing conditions. That is exactly the sort of daft thinking that causes the virus to spread. If everyone stayed at home for 2 weeks it would all but kill the momentum of the virus. Its being with that thought process that 'I don't have it so I can go about my business as usual' that means its continuing to spread. Common sense no?
Italy, average death age was 80. The people dying from this are the old and sick, by HUGE margins. Isolating them, is the smart thing to do. The rest of us can get sick, and then create the herd immunity.

Yeah, continue the spread. That's the whole ****ing point. Unless they create a vaccine or cure, it will still spread for many many months, unless you lock up every single god damn person on the planet. So lock up everyone for months, the spread stops. THEN WHAT? Let them out, and start all over again? everyone stays home for 2 weeks, kills the momentum. and then what? Why do you think that solves the problem exactly? It just moves the problem ahead a few weeks. 2 weeks is NOTHING. 2 months is barely anything either. isolation doesn't work, for something without a cure or vaccine, that everyone can also get. The second you return back to normal, the spread returns back to normal.

It would be extremely cheaper to lock up the old and the sick. That way, the rest of us that might get the virus, can actually be treated at a hospital and be WAY more likely to get over the virus.

How is non of this common sense exactly? What we are doing now, will destroy the economy of the entire world. There is no ifs and or buts about it. It will happen. Period. The cure is worse than the disease, in no uncertain terms.
Old 03-27-2020
Executive [VIP]

I think you’re missing the point of the whole flatten the curve think that’s kind of popular right now.

In Italy yes was mainly the older generation who died yes, but it was also affecting a lot of younger people they just didn’t die but they still need to go ventilators and seek hospital treatment

The point isn’t to completely stop the spread because yes it would be impossible to get everyone stay inside for two weeks the point is to make sure that the peak number of infected people at any one time is within the ability of the healthcare system of the country to cope with hence flattening the curve. There are only so many hospital beds and so many ventilators so if everyone, as you would suggest, goes out and just carry on like normal then everyone would probably get sick about the same sort of time. Again all of this is simple common sense
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
ebaystealth1974 (03-27-2020)
Old 03-27-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

This is getting downright scary. I'm getting the impression that there are more older people in the death statistics because this virus kills older people faster than it kills healthy younger people. Deaths now outnumber recoveries in the USA nearly 2 to 1.

No other country is reporting a recovery rate anywhere close to what China reported, which leads me to believe China lied in the vast majority of their "recovery" cases. Their lies are criminal because they've caused the rest of the world to have unrealistic expectations when it comes to recoveries. The number of people dying in the rest of the world is alarming, and many of those deaths could have been prevented if China had been truthful with their reporting. The "just a flu" narrative has gone on for so long because the rest of the world is just now starting to understand how deadly of a virus this really is.

Worldwide death rate is now 16%. Without China's bogus statistics, it's :
54640 recoveries, 22130 deaths, which equates to a 29% death rate.

These are just my latest thoughts and I won't be arguing with anyone today about them.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
Pandoras_box (03-27-2020)
Old 03-27-2020
Executive [VIP]

I think its a case of both under reporting fatalities and under reporting actual infection numbers. China just stopped counting one day

I do still expect that death rate to lower as more people recover, but with so many people catching it and recovering while and not begin counted in the stats its going to be impossible to know the actual %

Last edited by JamesNorth101; 03-27-2020 at 11:44 AM.
Old 03-27-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
This is getting downright scary. I'm getting the impression that there are more older people in the death statistics because this virus kills older people faster than it kills healthy younger people. Deaths now outnumber recoveries in the USA nearly 2 to 1.
I haven't read the rest of your post yet, but THIS part is completely backwards.

I'm seeing...
Recovered: 2424
Dead: 1384

Where are you getting those crazy numbers?
The Following User Says Thank You to ebaystealth1974 For This Useful Post:
james13v (03-27-2020)
Old 03-27-2020

Quote:
I think you’re missing the point of the whole flatten the curve think that’s kind of popular right now.

In Italy yes was mainly the older generation who died yes, but it was also affecting a lot of younger people they just didn’t die but they still need to go ventilators and seek hospital treatment

The point isn’t to completely stop the spread because yes it would be impossible to get everyone stay inside for two weeks the point is to make sure that the peak number of infected people at any one time is within the ability of the healthcare system of the country to cope with hence flattening the curve. There are only so many hospital beds and so many ventilators so if everyone, as you would suggest, goes out and just carry on like normal then everyone would probably get sick about the same sort of time. Again all of this is simple common sense
Again, the old and sick, are the ones putting a strain on the healthcare system, and THEY are the ones that are already trying to be the safest. The young and healthy would be extremely more likely to get over this virus, and it would in fact be just like the normal flu. You know, 50-80K deaths in America every year.

If you protect the sick and old, you can almost prevent any of them from getting it. So everyone else being normal, ( and I'm not saying we shouldn't social distance or not wash hands or anything. People will do it now, even if you don't tell them to) we will be able to actually maintain the health industry as it is, AND not crater the freaken economy. Young and healthy get sick, and they do need medical care. But not even remotely at the same rate as the old and sick. Let the peak number of infected rise. But prevent the most at risk, from being part of those numbers.

This would be safer and cheaper. Or else this is going to last for years, and we won't have a country left to do anything with, once we fix the virus problem.
Old 03-27-2020

Quote:
and it would in fact be just like the normal flu. You know, 50-80K deaths in America every year.
This is 10-15x more deadly than the flu, for EVERY age group. (on average)

Outside of that, I agree with most of what you're saying.
Old 03-27-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
( and I'm not saying we shouldn't social distance or not wash hands or anything. People will do it now, even if you don't tell them to)
That is literally exactly what you said. 'Carrrying on like normal' isn't social distancing.

You may want to read a bit more world news. Its not just the old and the sick that are getting admitted. Its also not just the old and sick dying. We had a fit and healthy 21 year old pass away in the UK and she wasnt the only one, just the youngest.

If everyone as your suggesting just went out and carries on like normal then in says 2/3 weeks time 60% of the population got sick, which is what projections are suggesting will happen if its left unchecked, then lets say 5% need to go to hospital that alone will cripple the hospitals. It would be near enough 10,000,000 people in the US aand chances are more than 5% would end up needing go be admitted.

The entire aim here is to try to keep the % of the overall population at any one time getting sick low, even if its dragged out for longer, it means that the strain on the hospitals is manageable. I dont understand how you need that explained.... again its just common sense.
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
ebaystealth1974 (03-27-2020)
Old 03-27-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Boris Johnson and the UK health secretary have tested positive
Old 03-27-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Boris Johnson and the UK health secretary have tested positive
No comment on your wrong numbers above?
Old 03-27-2020

Quote:
That is literally exactly what you said. 'Carrrying on like normal' isn't social distancing.

You may want to read a bit more world news. Its not just the old and the sick that are getting admitted. Its also not just the old and sick dying. We had a fit and healthy 21 year old pass away in the UK and she wasnt the only one, just the youngest.

If everyone as your suggesting just went out and carries on like normal then in says 2/3 weeks time 60% of the population got sick, which is what projections are suggesting will happen if its left unchecked, then lets say 5% need to go to hospital that alone will cripple the hospitals. It would be near enough 10,000,000 people in the US aand chances are more than 5% would end up needing go be admitted.

The entire aim here is to try to keep the % of the overall population at any one time getting sick low, even if its dragged out for longer, it means that the strain on the hospitals is manageable. I dont understand how you need that explained.... again its just common sense.
Jesus Christ, I KNOW it's not just the old and sick. The young and healthy die from the flu as well! They are more likely to die from the flu, than this, actually.

The overall population getting sick isn't what the problem is. It's the people getting sick, THAT ARE AT THE MOST RISK, that would require more hospital and doctor services. Even if young and healthy get sick, They are not the ones clogging up the medical system right now.

I don't understand why you guys aren't understanding this. Yeah. They get sick. But are FAR FAR more likely to not even show symptoms, while the old and sick, will not only show symptoms, but will probably end up in the hospital. How are you people not recognizing the differences?

Yeah, let people go back to normal. Carrying on like normal. As in, not having lockdowns and threatening people with jail time. That kind of normal. Open up shops and businesses. We aren't ucking children. We will protect ourselves now that we understand what's going on. . But the ones that are at most risk, and are clogging hospitals, are going to be protected. ALl the while, we aren't destroying our economies.
Old 03-27-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaystealth1974 View Post
This is 10-15x more deadly than the flu, for EVERY age group. (on average)

Outside of that, I agree with most of what you're saying.
where did you get the numbers for every age group, this being 10-15times more deadly? And average doesn't really matter. Average, is the reason people still believe people only lived to 30 years old in the old days. Why average doesn't matter, is because the reason they only lived to 30 years, was because 8 in 10 kids died within a few years, which completely dragged down the average for all the people that lived till 80.

Just as in this situation, using averages is pointless. Separate them by actual age groups, and show me how deadly it is compared to the flu. And my point of comparing it to the flu, is that people died of the flu just as they are dying of this. Not that this is less dangerous than the flu. Using anecdotes to prove me wrong, because some 21 year old died, is meaningless, when 21 year olds die of the flu too.

But HOW MANY 21 year olds are dying of this? How many of the ones that are getting sick, are dying of this? How many 21 year olds already got sick and got over it, and we will never know, until we do testing for antibodies?
Old 03-27-2020

Quote:
They are more likely to die from the flu, than this, actually.
Negative, Ghostrider!

Come one, James, you're letting me down as of recently. Your posts used to make the most sense, regarding this, but you seem to be getting some bad info lately.

Depending on age, Covid-19 is between 6 and 25x more deadly than the flu.
The Following User Says Thank You to ebaystealth1974 For This Useful Post:
yankee (03-27-2020)
Old 03-27-2020

Quote:
where did you get the numbers for every age group, this being 10-15times more deadly?
Average, because I don't really care to list them all out here by age lol.