The Trump administration will never be able to combat the counterfeit problem. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Old 03-09-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 37%
Default The Trump administration will never be able to combat the counterfeit problem.

There was a hearing on the issue of counterfeits and the operation called "Mega Flex" will aim at reducing the amount of counterfeits entering the U.S via more seizures..etc, if that doesn't work, attempts to hold eBay and Amazon liable in court will not be spared.

The equation couldn't be simpler, if there is demand, there will be supply.

Forcing Amazon and eBay to take down all listings will result in one thing, counterfeit sales will go underground and then it will be 100x harder for brands to enforce anything.

This is going to be a 4 trillion dollar industry soon, does Trump really think he could stop that? I know the answer already and it is a BIG NO.

I mean seriously, if a couple websites that facilitate the unlimited downloads of movies can't be dealt with, do they really think they can deal with god knows how many factories that are spread all over the world?!!

I read through the 83 pages of the phase one trade deal and let me tell you, it will end Chinese manufacturing as we know it. It will basically turn China into a new South Korea (which is good for mega corporations and bad for everybody else).

Big money (especially big pharma) is really pissed off that some money is not landing in their pockets and instead being distributed among smaller folks.

They want to rape Chinese cheap labor on all fronts and not lose a penny to IP theft. It's funny to see the real thieves complaining about theft
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-09-2020
Threadstarter  

Default Re: The Trump administration will never be able to combat the counterfeit problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
LOL, force it underground. So where do regular buyers find these 'underground' outlets which the brand enforcers wont be able to.

Nope, hold ebay and Amazon responsible and watch the issue get slashed. By how much I do not know but decent sellers have nothing to fear.

Making a website is easier than making a hamburger --> outlets.

The trade could also be shifted to the darkweb, I can't imagine police departments and the FBI cracking down on darkweb marketplaces where ⊗⊗⊗⊗ watches are sold

Anyway, once they take down platforms where movies are up and ready for download, I will believe something can be done with regard to ⊗⊗⊗⊗ consumer goods
Old 03-09-2020

Activity: 11%
Longevity: 41%
Default Re: The Trump administration will never be able to combat the counterfeit problem.

They need to prosecute Facebook and Instagram as well not just ebay and amazon.

FB & Insta, Twitter. Loads of counterfeit sellers use those tools to market their websites where they sell their dodgy goods and it's way more profitable than jumping through hoops on ebay and amazon.
Old 03-09-2020

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

The trade could also be shifted to the darkweb, I can't imagine police departments and the FBI cracking down on darkweb marketplaces where ⊗⊗⊗⊗ watches are sold
----------------------
the problem is electronic payments,how would you like your buyers file INAD,INR,UA >
with Paypal,cc issuer,they would get to keep the merchandise and get their money back while you would be slapped with a $20 chargeback fee
Old 03-09-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
----------------------
the problem is electronic payments,how would you like your buyers file INAD,INR,UA >
with Paypal,cc issuer,they would get to keep the merchandise and get their money back while you would be slapped with a $20 chargeback fee

Crypto-currencies are the way to go. Btw, many darkweb marketplaces have sections dedicated to ⊗⊗⊗⊗ goods, I can see these categories only exploding in size should that trade migrate away from major e-commerce platforms.
Old 03-09-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_112233 View Post
They need to prosecute Facebook and Instagram as well not just ebay and amazon.

FB & Insta, Twitter. Loads of counterfeit sellers use those tools to market their websites where they sell their dodgy goods and it's way more profitable than jumping through hoops on ebay and amazon.

Exactly, but that won't happen because this is about Jeff Bezos and his Washington Post
Old 03-09-2020

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkingupwards View Post
Crypto-currencies are the way to go. Btw, many darkweb marketplaces have sections dedicated to ⊗⊗⊗⊗ goods, I can see these categories only exploding in size should that trade migrate away from major e-commerce platforms.
Before internet,there are always places where you can buy counterfeits,but do you buy it for yourself or resell?
Some folks want a Rolex SO THey buy one and wear it,and they are happy even tho it is ⊗⊗⊗⊗ but they dont care.
But if you want to buy to resell,there are not too many places where you can sell them.why bother?
Old 03-11-2020

Longevity: 34%

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkingupwards View Post
It probably will. Will people go there though

My understanding is you need a client like Tor. Some buyers still prefer EB/AMZ over a website due to reputation and extra protections