Iphone vs just a cell phone - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Old 02-13-2024

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 92%
Longevity: 33%

I bought an iphone 14,I dont really care for all these features,I find it hard to use ,will I get used to it and like it later?
I have a landline and I like it,peaceful and quiet,
Some said the phone is like a personal computer,but I dont need one when I go outside,I have one between my ears and it works fine/
Can i resell it?I am with AT & T on its installment plan

what is meant by lock or unlock,the deal is 36 months,5.99/month for phone ,rest is unlimited time ATT,comes to over $60,I think.
You mean I can just sell it which is under my name?

It has been a nightmare this last week-
the city was digging around and cut the cables of the local telephone company ,I have both landline phone,and internet with them for a good price of $100 including tax.
I have TV with Bloomberg Sling blue which uses WIFI
So now I have no internet,no TV and no phone.
So I went to an AT&T retailer and was talked into buying an iphone 14 and signed up for installment payment 36 months,around $61 dollars including the phone which is $5.99 and unlimited calls and text.
I already have 2 Trac phones at home but TMobil or Comcast would not accept them.
I have a hard time learning how to use the iphone and I find many features annoying and useless,plus the fact I will be stuck with the 36 months payments.
While signing up for the service,I made a mistake of wanting to use my landline phone number with my iphone,under the impression I can have the same phone number for both landline and cell phone so ATT requested my existing phone number to be ported from my landline co,so now I have no landline phone service .
Then I decide I like my landline phone better so I asked the telephone co to give me a new landline and cancel my AT & T service,I will return the phone to the retailer this weekend,I feel sorry for the salesman,he is so nice and patient.
Since I have no TV, and no internet ,I went to Comcast and sign up for TV and WIFI.
WIFI is great ,its router works well.
But Comcast is a cable company and the cable man came ,after he left,I looked at all these cables in my room,then I realised why so many of its customers cut cord and switch to WIFI,it will charge me $10 per modem,plus installation and visit fee ,
So I cancelled my TV but keep the internet,this weekend I will return the modem and the cables.
If this is not enough,without internet I cannot get online and chat and check my stores and all the good stuff.
I went to local dry cleaner,convenience store,Mail station,neighbor to use their phones and PC.
While waiting for the phone co to fix the problem,I kept thinking may be the problem is on my end,so I restore my PC operating system,MSFT window 11 removed Google and AOL and something else.
When I tried t o download GOOGLE Chrome,a message came up saying there is no need for Google as MSFT Edge is just the same?
Nonsense,so I ignored the message and installed Google Chrome .
A piece of software I used now act differently,it asked me how I want to open it ,so I chose Google and it does not work.
Getting online help,the technician said only the Admin can remove that,I am the admin but I dont know how ,so he suggested take the tower back to Bestbuy and they will do it for me.
To make a long story short,I bought a new PC which would not connect with my monitor as it is old,luckily I do have a more recent monitor in my closet,so I connect the two.
Played around with text size etc,so far so good,I am using it now .
Thanks for reading ,wonder if any of you would fare better under the same situation or is it just me,there are so many issues here and I just dont know enough,like trac phones,iphone,cable,WIFI,modem,router ,porting?
Oh,I went to Tmobil and everyone in there were conversing in Spanish,so I said I will go to another TMOBIL,then they bring out a non hispanic from the back,he inserted the sim card in my trac phone,then he found out it does not work with Trac, so I am not the only one who does not know trac is subsidized by the goverment and there is no profit for the likes of Tmobil or Comcast or ATT to work with them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by degsey69 View Post
You can sell it and you have to state that the phone is locked to AT&T as no other carrier will be able to work in it. You can get it unlocked probably and it’s salability will increase as will the price.
I cannot sell it as it is not mine,if I keep the plan,it would be mine 3 years later !!!
when I return the phone within 14 days,what do they do with the phone since it is no longer new?
Do they send it back to Apple ?

I returned the phone .$50 restocking fee and cancelled my AT & T plan just before the outage problem last week.
I am using my tracfone now,it only cost me $28.
I also got a new landline,$50 plus 35 tax,I will probably cancel it soon,why is tax so expensive/
It all started when our local phone company cables were cut by a competitor by mistake,since it does not look like it would be repaired soon,I ended up with Comcast internet,Comcast cable TV(WHICH I cancelled after a few days) when I found out I CAN use Comcast Infinity internet to stream my Sliing blue TV.
It has been a stressful and expensive ordeal,i ported my landline phone number to AT & T and now I cant get into my AMZN seller account as the phone number is no longer working>and AMZN is now verifying my ID since I fail 2 factor verification.
I start counting how many appliances in my home require electricity,I cant imagine what happens some day we have no electricity,no water .no natural gas and no phone and no internet?

yes,it is in the contract,$50 RESTOCKING FEE .
it does not come with a charger so I have to buy one at BBY.
To activate ATT plan,there is a $35 fee,to cancel the plan,there is prorated monthly fee .
To port my old land line number tp ATT there is a $105 fee from my landline company.
Now my new landline is $50 plus $35 tax,total 85 which is more than the AT$ T plan.
I just tried to call my landline co to ask why tax is so high,it gets disconnected,??
It looks like my tracfone which comes with a charger,works fine,so far so good for $28.

how can yu sell a phone you have not paid for ?

thats interesting.
if it is that easy,everyone will be buying an iphone on installment plan or steal an iphone from someone.
I though each one has a unique number you can disable>

I see those kiosks in shopping mall where people sell their cell phones,are they still around?
The AT & T deal of paying $4.99 plus $61 for 3 years is not a bad deal for someone who needs an iphone and unlimited text and call,I just do not need one right now,but my landline phone now comes to $85 a month .
Landline is no longer cheap,AT &T now wants to get rid of landline phone service !
I also visited TMobile,Comcast,they all have similar deals,get a phone and sign up for its service

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
85 for landline is too pricey but agree....sadly some carriers are pricing them high to get rid of landline service
This is telephone company,no cell phone service.
$50 is what they charge then comes $35 worth of Fed fees,admin fees,state and city tax and fees.
If some customers do not pay,rest have to pick up the tab,
assistance to disabled, vets etc,rest pick up the tab.

some are Fed charges,but for landline companies,they can make fee paying customers pay for the deadbeats,Maine customers just found out.
I have found all these 2 factor verification,pin number,password,last 4 digit of your SSN are ALL BS,they have no better way to find out if you are the legit owner of the account/

Quote:
Originally Posted by sax4 View Post
F*ck me what a block of text, not even going to bother trying to read it.

Can't you use one of those apps like Grammarly?
Np,I cant and I wont,since I am a low class inferior being from the Third WORLD country,unlike some one from a country which has lost its old glory but continue to support their useless parasites PRINCE AND PRINCESSES in style.
One of them arrived on our shore,cant find a job as he has no marketable skills,hint the spare one .but he wrote a book and made millions.

The saga continues,.
It is not the city which cuts the cord of our local phone company,it is its competitor by mistake.

Quote:
not even going to bother trying to read it.

I know Sanskrit,what do you know??
Go xxxx yourself !!!!!!!!!!!
SR Vp MY XXX

Quote:

-Did I ask you to read it?
DID I?
You still trying to sell cheap China made stuff as you can afford to stock and buy better merchandise?
I feel sorry for you as you dont know an English word called RICH !
Being Rich is a word you would never grasp !!!!!!!!
Or do you want the word in Chinese or Sanskrit,something a Limey would never grasp !@!

Last edited by TGMT²; 03-02-2024 at 11:35 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to agent006140 For This Useful Post:
richardcarter (03-01-2024)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-14-2024
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Iphone vs just a cell phone

Seems like you prefer old school - i hear you...sometimes the smartphones are too much.

You should be able to resell it online - locked or unlocked...
Old 02-14-2024

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 78%

You can sell it and you have to state that the phone is locked to AT&T as no other carrier will be able to work in it. You can get it unlocked probably and it’s salability will increase as will the price.
Old 02-15-2024
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by degsey69 View Post
nice and simple clarification
Old 02-26-2024
Executive [VIP]

50 restocking fee - that's bs
Old 02-26-2024
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
I start counting how many appliances in my home require electricity,I cant imagine what happens some day we have no electricity,no water .no natural gas and no phone and no internet?
Likely not in our lifetime...
Old 02-27-2024
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
how can yu sell a phone you have not paid for ?
Take to a phone shop - have it wiped, unlocked, etc - and sell? Lot of shady shops exist
Old 02-28-2024
Executive [VIP]

lot of ppl steal iphones - not everyone buys on instalment plan because that involves sharing personal info and credit etc which some ppl hate.

unique number - sure but who cares if a deal can be had...
Old 02-28-2024
Executive [VIP]

85 for landline is too pricey but agree....sadly some carriers are pricing them high to get rid of landline service
Old 02-29-2024
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
This is telephone company,no cell phone service.
$50 is what they charge then comes $35 worth of Fed fees,admin fees,state and city tax and fees.
If some customers do not pay,rest have to pick up the tab,
assistance to disabled, vets etc,rest pick up the tab.
differs state to state as well - you state and city fees might be high for old landlines...
Old 03-01-2024
Executive [VIP]

they do all these authentication to protect from the fraudsters out there trying to port numbers etc
Old 03-01-2024
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,041 Times in 775 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
I bought an iphone 14,I dont really care for all these features,I find it hard to use ,will I get used to it and like it later?
I have a landline and I like it,peaceful and quiet,
Some said the phone is like a personal computer,but I dont need one when I go outside,I have one between my ears and it works fine/
Can i resell it?I am with AT & T on its installment plan

what is meant by lock or unlock,the deal is 36 months,5.99/month for phone ,rest is unlimited time ATT,comes to over $60,I think.
You mean I can just sell it which is under my name?

It has been a nightmare this last week-
the city was digging around and cut the cables of the local telephone company ,I have both landline phone,and internet with them for a good price of $100 including tax.
I have TV with Bloomberg Sling blue which uses WIFI
So now I have no internet,no TV and no phone.
So I went to an AT&T retailer and was talked into buying an iphone 14 and signed up for installment payment 36 months,around $61 dollars including the phone which is $5.99 and unlimited calls and text.
I already have 2 Trac phones at home but TMobil or Comcast would not accept them.
I have a hard time learning how to use the iphone and I find many features annoying and useless,plus the fact I will be stuck with the 36 months payments.
While signing up for the service,I made a mistake of wanting to use my landline phone number with my iphone,under the impression I can have the same phone number for both landline and cell phone so ATT requested my existing phone number to be ported from my landline co,so now I have no landline phone service .
Then I decide I like my landline phone better so I asked the telephone co to give me a new landline and cancel my AT & T service,I will return the phone to the retailer this weekend,I feel sorry for the salesman,he is so nice and patient.
Since I have no TV, and no internet ,I went to Comcast and sign up for TV and WIFI.
WIFI is great ,its router works well.
But Comcast is a cable company and the cable man came ,after he left,I looked at all these cables in my room,then I realised why so many of its customers cut cord and switch to WIFI,it will charge me $10 per modem,plus installation and visit fee ,
So I cancelled my TV but keep the internet,this weekend I will return the modem and the cables.
If this is not enough,without internet I cannot get online and chat and check my stores and all the good stuff.
I went to local dry cleaner,convenience store,Mail station,neighbor to use their phones and PC.
While waiting for the phone co to fix the problem,I kept thinking may be the problem is on my end,so I restore my PC operating system,MSFT window 11 removed Google and AOL and something else.
When I tried t o download GOOGLE Chrome,a message came up saying there is no need for Google as MSFT Edge is just the same?
Nonsense,so I ignored the message and installed Google Chrome .
A piece of software I used now act differently,it asked me how I want to open it ,so I chose Google and it does not work.
Getting online help,the technician said only the Admin can remove that,I am the admin but I dont know how ,so he suggested take the tower back to Bestbuy and they will do it for me.
To make a long story short,I bought a new PC which would not connect with my monitor as it is old,luckily I do have a more recent monitor in my closet,so I connect the two.
Played around with text size etc,so far so good,I am using it now .
Thanks for reading ,wonder if any of you would fare better under the same situation or is it just me,there are so many issues here and I just dont know enough,like trac phones,iphone,cable,WIFI,modem,router ,porting?
Oh,I went to Tmobil and everyone in there were conversing in Spanish,so I said I will go to another TMOBIL,then they bring out a non hispanic from the back,he inserted the sim card in my trac phone,then he found out it does not work with Trac, so I am not the only one who does not know trac is subsidized by the goverment and there is no profit for the likes of Tmobil or Comcast or ATT to work with them?

I cannot sell it as it is not mine,if I keep the plan,it would be mine 3 years later !!!
when I return the phone within 14 days,what do they do with the phone since it is no longer new?
Do they send it back to Apple ?

Last edited by TGMT²; 03-01-2024 at 06:46 PM.
Old 03-02-2024
Executive [VIP]

Morning chuckles sax4 be easy...