designer bag metal logo - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Old 01-03-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%
Default designer bag metal logo

anyone know where I can get a badge or pin with designer name on . I got a bag for Xmas, and its a label one, but its inside not OUTSIDE!!!

Ive thought of buying an old inexpensive battered or broken version from ebay and detach pin, but I cant see any going cheap

anyone know where to buy just a pin or badge direct, I dont care if its F ake, its for personal use...

Old 01-06-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 95%

Hey now! Don't flash labels! It's corny! The only designer clothes I "showoff" is Burberry, and that's only because of its telltale print, and even then, subtle is best.

I recently purchased a shirt from Lee Harkness Shirt Co. and it put me back $200 USD but OMFG it is quality!

The untrained eye wouldn't be able to distinguish it from Topman --- it's a plain white, open collar oxford, with no emblems or labels --- but a single touch of the fabric gives away its shining quality.

You gotta get close to see how amazing it really is. :D
But they, while their companions slept,
Were toiling upward in the night.

-HWL
Old 01-06-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

no its a real bag, I dont wear f akes, as you say quality shows, and the people who dont know, dont matter (as a friend of mine says..) but its got to have the logo hardware outside, this bag is real but too understated, love them, especially the dull bronze or gold.....I love that little glance you get when your bag is checked out by another alpha female..mmm hormonal...

burberry has been upset over here, had to ditch mine, as the chavs (trailer trash) wore it in last few years (f ake), and now its image is shattered here for the English, see loads of Japanese and Europeans in it though.....

its ok, bought, a real battered, broken strap vintage number, its on its way.......I will prise the logo off with my talons, and if it wont budge - my teeth ..so dont get in my way......

Last edited by oompaloompa; 01-06-2010 at 04:44 PM.
Old 01-06-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 95%

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
no its a real bag, I dont wear f akes, as you say quality shows, and the people who dont know, dont matter (as a friend of mine says..) but its got to have the logo hardware outside, this bag is real but too understated, love them, especially the dull bronze or gold.....I love that little glance you get when your bag is checked out by another alpha female..mmm hormonal...

burberry has been upset over here, had to ditch mine, as the chavs (trailer trash) wore it in last few years (f ake), and now its image is shattered here for the English, see loads of Japanese and Europeans in it though.....

its ok, bought, a real battered, broken strap vintage number, its on its way.......I will prise the logo off with my talons, and if it wont budge - my teeth ..so dont get in my way......
Understated, well put. I guess that's the way I like to roll - low key. The way I see it, a gentleman needn't flaunt his assets loudly. Even a gentle whisper can be heard if one's audience is listening.

That being said, I can't deny I'm quite the label whore. My closet is filled with them. And, I'm very particular about the items I buy retail. If the label, emblem, or badge is too visible, I will throw it back on the rack.

That's unfortunate that Burberry has taken a hit in the UK. I'm still very fond of the classic men's designs Burberry is renown for producing. And it looks great mixed up with some new, hip gear from somewhere like WESC. Burberry is still popular in the US, but there's a lot more faux-Burberry about than there used to be. Ha, recently even my cousin was sporting a faux-Burberry scarf. I chuckled and told him, "That's a F4KE!" in an accusatory tone. He laughed asked me how I knew. I can spot a Fauxberry a mile away.

As for my making my mates jealous, nothing works better than having a smart, headstrong, beautiful woman on my arm. Now I just gotta find one.
But they, while their companions slept,
Were toiling upward in the night.

-HWL
Old 01-08-2010

Longevity: 92%

Most of my handbags are Balenciagas. No logos, nothing. Retail is close to 2,000.00. Thats' what makes them so popular is the fact that there are no designer labels, and the smooshy leather. My Chanel bags have the 2 cc's on them but they are not in your face, they are small. Be proud of your bag. Quality over logos anyday. Which designer is your bag, if I may ask?
Old 01-08-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

its a ferregamo tote - as you say, leather is yummy..its more a large Spring/Summer bag - it just needs a little gold something, little plain for me, just has the name in tiny writing in gold rings that encircle handles.

....anyway managed to find a vintage damaged bag, same brand online, and I will pull off the gold logo plaque - just hope its same shade of gold, otherwise I will be listing it for 99p!!

Yes Ive got a yellow B bag! Love the Prada bowling style too, got those in 2 colours, got a miu in black, a vintage hermes purse, and a huge Marc Jacobs, 4 fendis
in different shades and styles, and armani evening bag, a white chanel Summer bag, a gucci everyday brown/beige, and now a ferregamo!

Ive got 8 wardrobes and the shoes cover the floors of all of them - his highness has 2 wardrobe but Ive had to use the floor space on those for my shoes too....

These TV programs say I ought to throw out one item, when I buy one, but I find it very difficult ...I have an attachment, plus unless it doesnt fit or is bad quality, why should I? Plus if you buy good quality, it lasts 20 years and still looks good..............

Last edited by oompaloompa; 01-08-2010 at 10:28 AM.
Old 01-09-2010

Longevity: 92%

LOL It's funny women and their handbags. I have so many bbags that I can't possibly wear! Just sitting in the dustbags. A few Bottegas and Fendis, miu miu coffer, etc. I did have 3 fairy bags and a lace bag but sold them because of the potential flaking problems. Hermes?? I am jealous! That is my next bag. I just don't know when to quit that's why I am trying to stay away from Hermes. I do have their bracelets though. For Christmas one of my gifts was an LV. (my one and only, swore I would never own one) I was like ewwww but when I looked at it, it's gorgeous! I was shocked because I always thought they were ugly and also all of the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ around. My Chanel GST is the only bag with big logos but the 2 c's are black, the same color as the bag.
When you take the gold logo off of the old bag, look at the leather. Only thing that would concern me is if the plaque should come off, what if it ruins the leather on your new bag? Or leaves residue? Have you posted this question at tPF?
Old 01-09-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

are you on there too? part of me thinks those on TPF are horrible cows...and would just say dont do it anyway.....they love reporting ebay stuff...plus I think it is THEM that controls the ebay hermes market...some of those $20000 bags are ⊗⊗⊗⊗ and I think the sellers are on TPF....imho

no its kind of like a dangley logo on a chain, bit like a charm, very unique, so I will try and attach it on hardware, hasnt arrived yet, no post due to snow.....Ive made a snowwoman though and shes very fashionable, she has a fur hat and orange berry eyes.....
Old 01-09-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 88%

umm...why would you spend $1000 or more on a bag which they manufacture in china for less than $50...

Gosh...I don't understand whats with girls and there bags. The purpose of a bag is to hold stuff inside...it's more of a show off peice for ladies.

”I am an optimist. It does not seem too much use being anything else.”
Winston Churchill

“If you’re going through hell, keep going.”
Winston Churchill
Old 01-09-2010

Bags for girls is the same as cars for the guys........
Old 01-09-2010

Longevity: 85%

I'm picking up my brand new shiny black Land Rover Freelander on Monday

Can't wait. First thing I am going to do is put snow chains on it - It's like ice-road trucking where I live

CaptainJack
The Following User Says Thank You to captainjack1980 For This Useful Post:
Burning (01-09-2010)
Old 01-09-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainjack1980 View Post
I'm picking up my brand new shiny black Land Rover Freelander on Monday

Can't wait. First thing I am going to do is put snow chains on it - It's like ice-road trucking where I live

CaptainJack
Your purchasing an SUV when the gas prices are going up...

Winston Churchill

Winston Churchill
Old 01-09-2010

It is their most fuel efficient to date

And Ebay profits are good at the moment.

CaptainJack
Old 01-09-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

freelanders arent too bad - bit lighter comapred to my range rover - guzzles gas, plus the tracking goes every 6 months as its so heavy, it costs me £25 more in petrol per week than last car..and I hardly go anywhere!..plus car tax is higher....been good in snow though - not skidded once....

Im torn on future cars whether to go for safety of a higher bigger car or a saloon thats cheaper to run..

You go for brand new? I always go for a year to 18 months old...

Last edited by oompaloompa; 01-09-2010 at 05:16 PM.
Old 01-09-2010

Smart way to shop for cars Ooompa.. I'd never buy brand new car again. I used to when I was rich, never realized what waste of money that was until I got poor..lol.
Old 01-10-2010

I like not having to worry about MOT for 3 years and being able to give it back and get something else down the line

CaptainJack
Old 01-10-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainjack1980 View Post
I like not having to worry about MOT for 3 years and being able to give it back and get something else down the line

CaptainJack
Lyda - this one can afford it!!

Tell me, Lyda, you were rich then poorer...was that a divorce thing? I worry about that, how to protect assets...I couldnt bear to be poor....its just not my thing!
Old 01-10-2010

Lol Oompa, it's not my thing eather.. Yes, it was divorce thing, but didn't know how to handle my own money back than. I am not really poor now, but its nothing comparing to where I was. Coming back though, and being much smarter if I may say..
Old 01-10-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Lol Oompa, it's not my thing eather.. Yes, it was divorce thing, but didn't know how to handle my own money back than. I am not really poor now, but its nothing comparing to where I was. Coming back though, and being much smarter if I may say..
Yea..women need to learn how to save money instead of buying $1000 purses. My uncle got divorced and he has 3 kids. His wife does not work. He has to pay more than half his salary to them. And his wife is an ***hole. All I can say is that women have too many rights....

Winston Churchill

Winston Churchill
Old 01-10-2010

Common Yoz, you know that's not true.. Not all women are ***holes, how can you say that? I also think you may be talking subjective when it comes to your uncle, just because he is your uncle.. What would you say about Tiger, just to name one male ***hole example .... I still don't think ALL male are same....
The Following User Says Thank You to Lyda For This Useful Post:
Burning (01-10-2010)
Old 01-10-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyda View Post
Common Yoz, you know that's not true.. Not all women are ***holes, how can you say that? I also think you may be talking subjective when it comes to your uncle, just because he is your uncle.. What would you say about Tiger, just to name one male ***hole example .... I still don't think ALL male are same....
Tru...ur right. I was being bias...

Anways, we went from bags to a car to a divorce..lol.

Winston Churchill

Winston Churchill
Old 01-11-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

we always favour our own gender.....we see it from our perspective, but think about say, your son or daughters rights and you get better view.....