dhgate - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Old 04-08-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Default dhgate

I bought my first item from dhgate. The seller send me EMS tracking no on 4/3. Today as of 4/8, there is no information about the status of this shipment. Since this is express mail, shouldn't there be some update by now?

I used PayPal through dhgate escrow service. How much time should I allow before filing dispute. I don't want to be a scam victim of another dhgate seller who gets trapped playing the waiting game until its too late.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-08-2010

Longevity: 88%
Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

That's really not that long.. Have you tried contacting the seller? EMS sometimes takes a while to show up, I've had one take about 4 days, although your saying it's been longer.
Old 04-08-2010
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 82%

Did you buy from somebody that has high feedback and has been on DHGATE for quite some time? Before I do any business with a supplier I do my homework to check them out as best as possible before I give them my money. If they are new to the site then I will not do business with them. There are lots of sellers on the site that have 300-400 feedback.
Old 04-08-2010
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 4%
Longevity: 91%

Yea, sometimes it takes a few days for the tracking to show up. Thats normal. Just contact the seller and ask the status of the order and the tracking isn't showing up.
Old 04-08-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

There was just a long holiday in China/Hong Kong.
April 2nd through 6th were 2 different holidays.

Easter and Tomb-Sweeping Day
Old 04-09-2010
Threadstarter  

The seller has not responded in two days. I was wondering what is the best way to file a dispute with dhgate,

I noticed that they'll let you file only one dispute, which you can't change. So if one files INR , and the scammer then ships you an empty box and uses that as proof of delivery, you can't then change your claim to 'materially different.'

Can you refuse delivery after filing INR?
Old 04-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via MSN to teedon Send a message via Skype™ to teedon

It sounds unacceptable and unreasonable,as you know,when you ship out one packages by ems from china,you can tracking it at the same time same day.We always send the dvds out everyday,we can tracking it everyday.So please tell your supplier give you the tracking number if they really ship out your items
Old 04-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%
Default ..

Demand DHL.
I will not do business with anyone who uses EMS.

DHL, for me, is cake. Most of the 'customs' stuff actually happens on the plane on the way over.
Old 04-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts

The "Customs" stuff actually happens in China, as long as the package is Closed in the presense of a U.S. Citizen DHL Employee it gets the Customs sticker put on it. It Can however be Examined again on its arrival here But I have Never heard of it.
Old 04-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

I had a large shipment get seized by DHL once it got to the US. It landed in the Cincinnati hub. It was just a random check because I have gotten larger shipments thru Cincinnati since that seizure which was only 2 weeks ago
Old 04-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

DHL Seized the shipment or U.S. Customs Agents? Did you get notified of the Seizure By DHL or U.S. Customs and border Patrol? Did you ever Hear from Customs?
Old 04-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

Never heard a word from customs or DHL. On the website it just shows customs delay and has never changed. I called DHL and the customer service guy had no information so I contacted my supplier and he reshipped my entire order to me. Who knows maybe someday it would show up! Doubt it but the order was close to $3000
Old 04-14-2010
Threadstarter  

My supplier send me a different tracking tracking number, this one cleared customs in Chicago today(that's too far east from me btw.) I also noticed that item I ordered is no longer listed by seller. Perhaps his agent got raided and he was out of stock?
Old 04-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardfelon View Post
Never heard a word from customs or DHL. On the website it just shows customs delay and has never changed. I called DHL and the customer service guy had no information so I contacted my supplier and he reshipped my entire order to me. Who knows maybe someday it would show up! Doubt it but the order was close to $3000
was it just 1 box or several? $3k worth of stuff, must be a huge box
Old 04-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

It was a 6 box shipment. But I've had that exact same order come through many times. Plus my supplier reshipped the whole order to me thru DHL and I got it. It was just a random check i guess
Old 04-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardfelon View Post
It was a 6 box shipment. But I've had that exact same order come through many times. Plus my supplier reshipped the whole order to me thru DHL and I got it. It was just a random check i guess
so your supplier reshipped the item to the same shipping address ?
Old 04-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

Yeah same address as I always use
Old 04-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

Whenever I have had a shipment Delayed by Custons I Always get a letter from customs within 2 weeks stating that they have the shipment and the reason that it is being held and a form that you need to fill out in order to contest the seizure. You should NEVER fill out that form or EVER get in contact with them, just forget about the shipment, and ignore any further notices from them.

Also, a Customs siezure can possible make the Name and address Hot, I always have orders shipped elsewhere under a new name whenever I get a Customs seizure ( I have had 3 in 6 years). I am not saying that you should do as I do, but to me it seems like a reasonable precaution.

Carffelon I still find it odd that you did not get a notification from Customs I am Quite sure it is the Law and a Part of Due Process. You are supposed to have an opportunity to show Customs that they may have made an error before they destroy YOUR Property.
Old 04-16-2010
Threadstarter  

I was definitely scammed. I received a bad '⊗⊗⊗⊗' of a different item instead of two items I ordered.

The question is 'how to proceed from here': Dhgate dispute, or file a claim with bank.

The seller has high feedback and there is no indication of him doing something like this before; but, I did receive a bogus tracking no initially and then given a different one later. The seller said that he switched agents and I noticed that he no longer lists this item..
Old 04-16-2010
Executive [VIP]

I would have assumed that I would have received a letter. But so far I haven't heard a word about it. So I guess time will tell if I get one
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post
Whenever I have had a shipment Delayed by Custons I Always get a letter from customs within 2 weeks stating that they have the shipment and the reason that it is being held and a form that you need to fill out in order to contest the seizure. You should NEVER fill out that form or EVER get in contact with them, just forget about the shipment, and ignore any further notices from them.

Also, a Customs siezure can possible make the Name and address Hot, I always have orders shipped elsewhere under a new name whenever I get a Customs seizure ( I have had 3 in 6 years). I am not saying that you should do as I do, but to me it seems like a reasonable precaution.

Carffelon I still find it odd that you did not get a notification from Customs I am Quite sure it is the Law and a Part of Due Process. You are supposed to have an opportunity to show Customs that they may have made an error before they destroy YOUR Property.
Old 05-06-2010

Longevity: 80%

Demand DHL.
I will not do business with anyone who uses EMS.

DHL, for me, is cake. Most of the 'customs' stuff actually happens on the plane on the way over.
Reply With Quote.........................................

............................Last week the seller I have been successfully doing business with for 2 years (never had a seizure or delay more than 5 days) changed my shipping from dhl to ems when I complained she said (and provided tracking #'s) that she had nearly a dozen shipments seized or stopped and returned in the past week all shipped via dhl. Have they possibly gone through some type of policy change?
Old 05-07-2010
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via MSN to teedon Send a message via Skype™ to teedon

use ems ,do not go in USA from middle of usa.use DHL,do not let the goods arrive in usa at weekend.