China Trading contributing to fall of US Economy - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Old 10-07-2010
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%
Default China Trading contributing to fall of US Economy

Does anyone that orders products from China to sell in the US think they are contributing to America's failing economy? What do you think? 20 million dollars worth of products from China in 10 days at Cincy customs? That's a lot of goods to be sold! So...who's buying the American products??

Just food for thought and to spark a good discussion...

Last edited by aking; 10-07-2010 at 09:31 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-07-2010

Longevity: 78%

not really. We are 65 trillion dollars in debt to china, so they can **** our economy anyway they want to and we cant get mad.. lol
Old 10-07-2010

Longevity: 92%

I used to order from china, but have found some good UK suppliers, i think if you deal with products in your own country you will have far less problems with ebay/paypal/customs/import duty etc..

So everyone, save your countries and buy locally, there are thousands of genuine good suppliers to get products from.

But i do dropshipping so for me it works well, but for sellers buying in stock its always cheaper to buy from china.
Old 10-07-2010
MU

Longevity: 81%

I work from 9am to 5pm regular Registered Nurse at hospital. I am 24 years old. I pay my college loan which is huge, bills, rent, food, cell, and car, insurance, rent association fee. Um, whats left? buy american products that are way overcost? Yea, if the rn job would pay me tons more.

This is an example since i have alot of friends with these kinds of jobs not making it. It probably is contributing to the downfall of the economy along with tons of other factors, but hey when america starts paying more then we can do more.
The Following User Says Thank You to FandangoKango For This Useful Post:
Markk (11-29-2010)
Old 10-07-2010

Buying locally is a little bit harder in the US. I have bought US and Chinese products and there is a much larger profit margin on Chinese goods. Not saying it isn't possible and I'm sure people do it.

And I honestly don't think we are contributing to the failing economy. We all spend a lot of money on shipping, packaging supplies and the money we make is most likely spend in the US. Then there are all the people that buy items from us on many different US sites.

Whats wrong with our economy is far greater than people Chinese imports!

Last edited by E-Nertia; 10-07-2010 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Grammer
Old 10-07-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

I'm sorry, but if it wasn't for products being made in China and other Asian countries we couldn't afford the luxuries we take for granted. Computers would be $5000. TVs, $4000, cell phones $1800....

We cant compete in North America because of labor costs. If the iPhone could be manufactured in California for the same costs you can bet it would.

The companies and economy are not being crippled by knock offs. High labor costs and the inability to compete with manufacturing costs are. The companies make knock offs out as the big evil destroyers because they lose revenue. They are just protecting their own self interests

Now I'm not saying I'm cool with knock offs. I have no part in that game. I'm just saying the big companies make it out as more damaging to the economy then it is only to protect their own bottom line

We simply cant compete with the labor costs these countries have. Knock offs or not. Even if there were no knock offs, what bearing would that have on the North American economy? Apple shares would be up 3 points?
Old 10-07-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts

OK guys.... REALITY CHECK!

For years, politicians from BOTH parties have been spending beyond their means. The parties may spend the money DIFFERENTLY, but the point is the money is still SPENT.

The government deregulated the financial system, on the premise that rules stifle innovation.

Several factors created the housing bubble. People willing to pay ANYTHING for a home, since they feared they would be priced out of home ownership if they waited any longer to buy. Speculators lining up overnight for a chance to buy new condos going on sale, knowing they could sell them 24 hours later for a $40k profit. Mortgage brokers getting deals done to make their commissions. Banks enabling the whole mess with easy credit standards and lax underwriting.

Then one day the bubble bursts. Home values plummet. Banks on the verge of failing. Business credit drying up. Jobs disappearing. And Americans SUDDENLY realizing that if you divided the federal debt by every man, woman and child in America, each of us owes ovber $170k...

Pension funds going bankrupt as employers shortchanged them during the good times. At least they had rules they had to live by. States and municipalities did not. Illinois alone has over $130 BILLION in underfunded pension obligations.

The Baby Boomers are retiring and Social Security is going to run out of money sooner than anyone thought. Medicare is already on the brink.

AND NOW YOU WANT TO BLAME THIS ON CHINA???? WHAT THE HELL KIND OF DRUGS ARE YOU ON????
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
Rocketman007 (10-08-2010)
Old 10-08-2010

Longevity: 82%

As long as they're contributing to my successful economy, it's all good. Either way we're in what..13 trillion+ in debt? 20 million is like 0.0001% of 13 trillion, just a grain of sand on the beach.

-Albert Einstein
Old 10-08-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 89%

Basically China is using slave labor to swallow up the worlds money for their low cost goods.

The reasons the USA can't compete are many but for example you lose a finger or a hand in china at a factory they give you your hand back and fire you. No compensation, no lawsuits...

12 hour working days in isolated factories with no vacation... They commit suicide on a regular basis there. They jump off the roofs of the factories...it's sick.

We,(big business) in the USA are making a ton of money off these goods. The hole planet gets cheap well made products but looks the other way on those who suffer because of it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hercules For This Useful Post:
rcdrivertim (10-08-2010)
Old 10-08-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Read all about the current charges of currency manipulation by several countries versus the US Dollar - it's an excellent economic understanding of both exporters and world market.
Old 10-08-2010
MU

I love china!
Old 10-08-2010

Longevity: 80%

I buy my wholesale items from China...but I also buy items right here in the USA but guess what...when you look at where it's made...it says "Made in China" so the USA needs to practice what it preaches first...I got laid off because of shipping jobs overseas...so I mean...what's GOOD for the Goose.........
Old 10-08-2010

Longevity: 79%

It's all just a process... The US economy started to see many of it's enterprises move overseas in order to provide a better price. The competitive companies in their industry.. simply followed suit in order to stay afloat. Now here we are.. our productions exist elsewhere however.. when doing business.. you are typically still dealing with an American middle-enterprise that will reap some profits in their import/distribution..

In terms of Americans losing jobs in manufacturing.. sure.. of course..

But our market is the biggest.. it is so big that the rest of the world is trying to jam it's products down our consumers throat..

Which is cool.. as I said.. It's all just a process. With all of this new technology bringing people from all across the globe closer together in business and personal affairs.. Our trading economies will simply have to adapt to where they stand within the global economy.

Global is the new Federal.. and Countries are the states within it.. each state here in America has different rules to abide by. But when it comes to Federal (global business).. All states have no choice but abide. Just consider these global tendencies as if they were demands from the all powerful Federal Law. And be happy.. We are still the focus of the world..

Once we adapt properly (may take some time).. we will all learn to exist as the process sees fit.