A question about texting. Can you request a copy of text from phone Co.? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Old 12-10-2010
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 87%
Default A question about texting. Can you request a copy of text from phone Co.?

Hello All,

I have a friend that has a cheating spouse. However, the phone bill for all 3 of their phones is in his wife's name. Is there anyway that he could call their phone company to request all texts 'sent' and 'recieved' by his wife?

If not, is there a way, or a device that can be purchased, to get current texts being sent and recieved?

Help! THanks!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-10-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

From my knowledge of privacy laws and what not, I don't think he could pull the texts without a subpoena - that's a heavy invasion of privacy.

That being said, there are probably more rogue tactics that I have no idea about but prob exist. I am sure other folx will chime in.
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
waterproof (12-12-2010)
Old 12-10-2010
MU

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

Phone companys don't store the content of a text message anywhere, just the fact that one was sent and/or received at a given time. It is very unlikely that a subpoena will be issued to look at text message records of a phone. Besides, text messages can be easily phaked on a cell phone. You won't be able to get the information with the express consent of the account owner, or without a court order.
The Following User Says Thank You to First Edition For This Useful Post:
waterproof (12-12-2010)
Old 12-10-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 88%

If the person suspects the wife of cheating, then I'm sure the marriage is going to end anyways, either way. If both husband and wife cannot have faith in each other, then I am in the end they will end up getting divorced no matter what.

”I am an optimist. It does not seem too much use being anything else.”
Winston Churchill

“If you’re going through hell, keep going.”
Winston Churchill
Old 12-12-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Just for the record, and I forgot to say this in my post, but this question really is for a friend. I'm not referring to myself or my spouse. Anyway, sometimes people do referr to 'a friend', when it's actually themselves.

He already knows of the infidelity and a divorce has been asked for by her as of 3 days ago. My guess is that he would need the "messages" to turn over to his lawyer for assett reasons. He would be losing a 25 year marriage, a $300,000 farm and a new log cabin built 2 years ago, so there is a lot at stake.

Now having said all of this, and even beginning the thread, I know nothing about cell phones or texting, but I trying to help out. I really appreciate everyones responses and would welcome many more.

Also, I know this a very personal matter and am trying to be as discreet as possible threading under the "Off Topic-Everthing Else" catagory. If Aspkin, GreenBean, or any other of the moderaters find this inappropriate for the sites discussion, I do apologize and will discontinue with the thread.

Lastly, and back to the topic...if anyone knows how he could retrieve the current messages on her phone...1 by 1 maybe?, that would be helpful. I have heard of a device to use via USB post to phone, but that would require a laptop being purchased and and ISP. That seems costly and even a hassle!

My #1 QUESTION would be....IS THERE SOMETHING OUT THERE IN A WORLD FILLED WITH TECHNOLOGY THAT COULD RETRIEVE HER TEXT MESSAGES WITHOUT THE USE OF A LAPTOP/USB? Maybe a small device that he could plug into her phone and quickly transfer information. Something like a Flash Drive and he's out of sight.?.?

Thanks again everyone and I really appreciate your responses!

Waterproof
Old 12-12-2010

Longevity: 84%

I forgot to say this in my post, but this question really is for a friend. I'm not referring to myself or my spouse.

Thanks for clearing that up for us I believe you

Maybe this will help, if not there's many more on google.

Retrieve Text Messages | How To Retrieve Text Messages

Cell Spy Now - The Leading Cell Phone Spy Software | Mobile Spy In Case Of Spouse Cheating | Alternative Of Spy Equipment For Private Investigators

Last edited by jbluntz; 12-12-2010 at 05:01 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to jbluntz For This Useful Post:
waterproof (12-13-2010)
Old 12-12-2010

Longevity: 77%

Take a look at this.....it may help.
The Following User Says Thank You to StevEbay For This Useful Post:
waterproof (12-13-2010)
Old 12-12-2010
MU

Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterproof View Post
My #1 QUESTION would be....IS THERE SOMETHING OUT THERE IN A WORLD FILLED WITH TECHNOLOGY THAT COULD RETRIEVE HER TEXT MESSAGES WITHOUT THE USE OF A LAPTOP/USB? Maybe a small device that he could plug into her phone and quickly transfer information. Something like a Flash Drive and he's out of sight.?.?

Even there is, any idiot lawyer would object to the evidence and it would all be for nothing.

You need to hire a private investigator to get rock solid proof of the infidelity. It may cost you 1-10000 dollars, but it's better than half your sh!t

You can't just tap a cell phone... I don't care what any youtube video says. CDMA technology sends the signal out as code, and it's received as code. 256 bit encryption is not an easy thing to just "tap" It's also a felony. Analog signals were easier.... but these days, it just doesn't work like that. Find some facts before you worship a youtube video.
waterproof (12-13-2010)
Old 12-13-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts

are assets assigned, on a fault basis over there? Over here, what you do is irrelevant.
Old 12-13-2010
MU

Basically if it's infelidity, the parties generally keep what they come in with... honestly civil court is a joke for the most part. I'm not okay with how divorce court works, which is based in civil court..

Basically if the bread winner can prove infidelity than the non bread winner gets nothing. However, there are prenuptials... it's basically up to the judge. If the wife is accustomed to a certain "lifestyle" which I just think is a joke. It's the ultimate entitlement.
waterproof (12-13-2010)
Old 12-13-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Thanks EVERYONE!

WATERPROOF
Old 12-13-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Default Does anyone know of a GPS device that could be hidden within a car?

Just thought of this.....would anyone have any ideas or tracking a vehicle via GPS? Is there a device that he could purchase and attatch to his spouses car? Also, would something like that require the use of a computer or PC/USB??

Just trying to help a friend. You normally hear of the guy cheating, but in this case it's the other way around. He's a very good friend and can't help but to feel sorry for the guy.

Thanks!

waterproof
Old 12-13-2010
MU

They sell these at wal mart, they're usually to monitor children...

scary stuff.

Just google search gps tracker

Just to be clear, you're on the right track for useful evidence to use in court. But you need to be careful... you're treading on someones privacy. you're waaaay better off just paying someone to snap photos of the person leaving a house or holding hands at a restaurant.
waterproof (12-15-2010)
Old 12-13-2010

Longevity: 89%

Those GPS trackers are easy to get. You can monitor them on your Iphone. And as to your original question, phone companies don't store the content of text messages but they do the numbers that sent and received. It would be easy to intercept a text message being sent using phreaking.
The Following User Says Thank You to MadSam For This Useful Post:
waterproof (12-15-2010)
Old 12-13-2010
MU

phreaking..... which is a felony in most cases

I wouldn't walk into a USA court and say you broke the law in order to obtain evidence. Of course the question will be asked HOW you obtained the text messages.... and you'll have to answer, truthfully.

Again, I wouldn't go the text message route.... get DNA samples, pictures, videos, voice recordings, something that has value. Don't go planting gps devices on cars.... who's to say the wife of "your friend" is driving the car? That's what I would say in court.
waterproof (12-15-2010)
Old 12-15-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Valuable Feedback everyone! And excellent insight on a lot of things I would not have considered!

Thank you!

waterproof
Old 12-18-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 88%

I tried sending you a PM but I could not do so. You might want to check out this software:

SpyBubble - Cell Phone Spy Software | Mobile Spy

It works on the following phones:

Untitled

Please pm me for more information, I do not wish to post it in public.....

”I am an optimist. It does not seem too much use being anything else.”
Winston Churchill

“If you’re going through hell, keep going.”
Winston Churchill