NBA Fans? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Old 03-07-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%

NO, that should have been:

PG Cousy
SG Havlicek
SF Bird
PF Mchale
C Russell
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-07-2008
Threadstarter  

haha, exactly....Ray "Jesus Shuttlesworth" Allen is nice!
Old 03-07-2008

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by PissedOff View Post
All NBA Team, post your choice, they have to be the real position they play, like not just 2-gs, they have to be Point and shooting, Power F and Small F, and of course center.

PG-Chris Paul
SG-Kobe
SF-Lebron
PF-Duncan (don't like him, but hes the best)
C-Howard

what do you guys think
Howard and Duncan are good no doubt but Howard aint the best Center in the NBA, trust me.

PG-Steve Nash
SG-Kobe
SF-Lebron
PF-Amare Stoudemire(very versatile player, dunks like Howard yet shoots like Dirk)
C-Shaq (he draws a lot of fouls)

I know I might get bashed for choosing Amare over Howard but Amare is more more versatile, he's 2nd in most dunks currently and he has a nice FG%, plus he knows how to draw fouls. He's underrated. Shaq might be old but he still has game in him.
Old 03-07-2008

IMO Lebron doesn't really deserve the MVP, Kobe does but not Lebron. Sure he grabs a nice amount of board and scores insanley, but look at his team. There's not a lot of Players in the NBA that can score 50...but those that can don't do it because of their Coach or the fact that they have other All-Stars on the team who can actually contribute to the team. There are better candidates in the NBA...Kobe is at the top of my list, followed by Dwight(his numbers are actually impressive), Nash and Dirk. A good player is one that makes his team overall better, thats not what James is doing, he's (for most of the part) making himself better. I think that because he's still young and hasn't figured it out yet. I still love James tho, no doubt.
Old 03-07-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 95%

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
IMO Lebron doesn't really deserve the MVP, Kobe does but not Lebron. Sure he grabs a nice amount of board and scores insanley, but look at his team. There's not a lot of Players in the NBA that can score 50...but those that can don't do it because of their Coach or the fact that they have other All-Stars on the team who can actually contribute to the team. There are better candidates in the NBA...Kobe is at the top of my list, followed by Dwight(his numbers are actually impressive), Nash and Dirk. A good player is one that makes his team overall better, thats not what James is doing, he's (for most of the part) making himself better. I think that because he's still young and hasn't figured it out yet. I still love James tho, no doubt.

Dirk makes his team better but lebron doesnt? I dont see that at all, Dirk has good players around him thats why they play better lol James scores all those points because he has no choice.

I agree with amare, he is a stud but the comparison of his shooting ability with dirk is way off. BUt shaq is no way in hell an all nba center right now. I would take Yao all day over shaq
Old 03-07-2008

I didn't choose Yao because he seems to get hurt a lot. Amare is not better than Howard, its close, but maybe pre-knee injury, not know. Shaqs days are gone, I love him, dont get me wrong, he got me 3 rings as a Laker fan, but Howard is the man in the middle.
Old 03-07-2008

How about whats the sickest dunk ever??? I mean in a game, not a dunk contest. Check out Tom Chambers Dunk on Mark Jackson, he looks 8 feet tall, youtube has it. He also has a sick reverse jam on Bird also.
Old 03-07-2008
Threadstarter  

Ones that stick out to me...T-Mac on Bradley...and Manu on Yao...
Old 03-07-2008

That could be anyone on Bradley, there was a segment on Best Damn of just dunks on him, it was 10 minutes long.
Old 03-07-2008
Threadstarter  

Yeah I saw that on youtube

I guess my all time fav would be Shaq bringing the whole thing down and the shot clock hit him in the back.
Old 03-09-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Ebay View Post
Dirk makes his team better but lebron doesnt? I dont see that at all, Dirk has good players around him thats why they play better lol James scores all those points because he has no choice.

I agree with amare, he is a stud but the comparison of his shooting ability with dirk is way off. BUt shaq is no way in hell an all nba center right now. I would take Yao all day over shaq
Amare isn't as good as dirk with field goals but getting there, Dirk is more experienced and he's pretty much perfected his 3. That's what Lebron is missing, a good team, but you don't need to have an All-star line-up to win a championship although it will help greatly, but if you truly are "the king" then you could have made your team better. I don't need to list any player(s) that have done this.

As for Amare and Dwight, like I said, it's my opinion that Amare is better. Did you see the Allstars when Dwight got dunked on by Amare? That shows his explosiveness, although before his injury he was a lot more explosive. In the paint, Dwight is more of a "leaper", that's why he leads the league in dunks, but Amare is right behind him, not to mention Amare will knock down a 3 if necessary, but again, he's doesn't attempt much 3's because he knows he hasn't perfected that area. It's all a matter of their situation, Amare has Nash, Shaq, and Hill, those guys get double digits pretty much every night, that's why Amare doesn't knock down 40+ although since shaq's arrival he's been scoring 30/night and grabbing at least 10 boards.
Old 03-09-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelizardking View Post
Yeah I saw that on youtube

I guess my all time fav would be Shaq bringing the whole thing down and the shot clock hit him in the back.
That was hilarious. One impressive dunker, other then Spud, is Barkley. All along I though he was 6'6, turns out he's 6'4. When I see how he dunked over 7 footers...it impresses me.
Old 03-09-2008
Threadstarter  

Best player comeback of the year? What do you guys think?

Grant Hill, its so great to see Grant healthy and playing a whole season. He's been playing awesome for the Suns this season.
Old 03-09-2008
Executive [VIP]

lol amare will not nock down a three. Amare has no outside game, his range is about 15-18 feet and he just started getting this shot. Amare is 0-3 from beyond the arc this season and i think its a safe bet to say atleast one of those came as a desperation shot to beat the clock. there is no comparison from a jump shooting standpoit between him and dirk. Dirk is more of a perimeter player that can create his own shot. Whens the last time u seen amare try and dribble by someone then just stop and try to hit a jumper over him. Amare is more of a stationary jump shooter. If he is open about 15-18 feet from the hoop he will take the jump shot. If there is a defender right in his face he rarely takes a jump shot.
Old 03-09-2008
Threadstarter  

Dirk is better big man than Amare...bottom line

He's more versatile and means more to his team than Amare
Old 03-10-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Dirk is better big man than Amare...bottom line

He's more versatile and means more to his team than Amare
I agree, to bad he is a big pussy
Old 03-10-2008
Threadstarter  

haha yeah Dirk is way too soft...not as soft as Yao...but Amare does have him beat on aggressiveness and straight up manliness..Boris Diaw needs to be more aggressive too..
Old 03-10-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
haha yeah Dirk is way too soft...not as soft as Yao...but Amare does have him beat on aggressiveness and straight up manliness..Boris Diaw needs to be more aggressive too..

From a pure talent standpoint dirk is a top 10, maybe even top 5 in the nba, but i think i could name like 20 players i would rather have then him.
Old 03-10-2008
Threadstarter  

Yeah going from MVP on the best team last season then being knocked out in the first round...horrible...but I love GS im glad they beat the Mavs...I can't stand the Mavs or Mark Cuban...I used to live in Cali and we got Warriors games on FSN and I watched them grow the last few seasons...Baron Davis is money and he's got the best beard in the NBA...him and Stephen Jackson are great together...
Old 03-12-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Ebay View Post
lol amare will not nock down a three. Amare has no outside game, his range is about 15-18 feet and he just started getting this shot. Amare is 0-3 from beyond the arc this season and i think its a safe bet to say atleast one of those came as a desperation shot to beat the clock. there is no comparison from a jump shooting standpoit between him and dirk. Dirk is more of a perimeter player that can create his own shot. Whens the last time u seen amare try and dribble by someone then just stop and try to hit a jumper over him. Amare is more of a stationary jump shooter. If he is open about 15-18 feet from the hoop he will take the jump shot. If there is a defender right in his face he rarely takes a jump shot.
Have you seen any of the recent games? Amare use to take it to the rim, now with Shaq always in the paint he's taking more shots, he knocked down 2 3's this year. Not bad for a bigman, and yeah Dirk is better at the line. Although he is soft, but Boris Diaw is a lot softer, I laugh when he dunks, it's as if the rim had spikes or something, he does it too softly. Of course Dirk means more to his team, with the Suns, Nash and Amare are both important. Then again, Amare is still young in the game, he might be 25 but he was injured for a while. Still, Amare is one of the top bigmen in the league, the suns are lucky to have him and nash. What I don't get is how the suns manage to lose to sorry teams and they lose often. most of their players are roll players, Nash is one of the leagues best pg, amare is one of the best pf, shaq might be old but he's still has experience and that presence in the paint, hill is a also a former allstar, barbosa is worthy of being a starter. The numbers don't add up.

As for the comeback player of the year...that's hard to say, but Grant is doing awesome, now that Marion is gone he is filling his spot with those quick hustles.

The team that I'm most impressed with is the Lakers and Hornets. Paul Gasol is just impressive, his numbers are heavenly. Of course, MVP candidate Kobe might have to do something with that
Old 03-12-2008
Threadstarter  

Nash has fallen off a little this year I think..and the loss of Marion didn't help anyone..hes on the crap team of the leage and Wade's out for the rest of the season..they should trade Wade for someone to compliment Marion + they will get a good draft spot and should start building the team around Marion..Wade is a liability with his injuries..
Old 03-12-2008
Executive [VIP]

still too early to hit panic mode and trade wade. Hes banged up right now for sure, give him next year and if he cant get over the injuries then i would consider it, he is still a young player. Shawn Marion is a very good all around player, i would take him on my team anytime but he's no better then a #3 option of a contending team. They need a great PG and OJ Mayo will most likely be there for them. Unless lottery hurts them and drops them to #5 like my celtics last year lol