NBA Fans? - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Old 03-12-2008
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%

Wades problems will haunt him his whole career...being so young and always being hurt doesn't look good long term..maybe he'll be the best comeback player some day...which is unfortunate cause hes a great player...but one that will be plagued by injuries..

Yeah I couldn't beleive Celts got 5th...they were horrible last season...but now they are the top team, but still not as tested as Detroit or San Antonio...but those guys are real pros and the East finals will be classic if its Det vs Boston...so maybe the Heat has hope for next year and pull a Boston?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-12-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 95%

if they could somehow get gilbert arenas, he will be a free agent this summer but im not sure what their cap situation is. they would most likely have to pull soem sign and trade bs. the nba salary cap is so messed up, On my nba 2k8 game for xbox 360, its like pulling teeth trying to make a trade, you and the other team can have the exact thing the other is looking for but if the money dont match u cant make a deal
Old 03-12-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Ebay View Post
if they could somehow get gilbert arenas, he will be a free agent this summer but im not sure what their cap situation is. they would most likely have to pull soem sign and trade bs. the nba salary cap is so messed up, On my nba 2k8 game for xbox 360, its like pulling teeth trying to make a trade, you and the other team can have the exact thing the other is looking for but if the money dont match u cant make a deal
same thing with nba live 08

I didn't even know wade was injured, sucks for Marion. He was one of my favorite players, too bad he was too underrated. Isn't Gilbert Arenas injured too?
Old 03-12-2008
Threadstarter  

Yeah Wades done for the season to have another surgery...Arenas has been cleared to practice...but isn't supposed to return till April..
Old 03-13-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelizardking View Post
Yeah Wades done for the season to have another surgery...Arenas has been cleared to practice...but isn't supposed to return till April..
Miami is more messed up than I thought...

Anyone looking forward to olympics? the current roster is intersting, we got Tyson Chandler, Deron Williams, J.Kidd, and my man Amare, and yeah they have the other "Greats" Lebron, Kobe and Anthony. I get dissapointed every time we lose. Afterall, Kobe is the best player in the world, trailing him is lebron.
Old 03-13-2008
Threadstarter  

Yeah why doesn't the US b-ball team win every Olympics? I loved the old Jordan Olympic team(s) especially 92 they dominated...
Old 03-14-2008

Quote:
Yeah why doesn't the US b-ball team win every Olympics? I loved the old Jordan Olympic team(s) especially 92 they dominated...
that was the best...the 90's was the best era of the NBA imo
Old 03-14-2008
Threadstarter  

I agree the 90's were the best..
Old 03-14-2008

Name your favorite top 10 players of all time

mines:
Micheal Jordan
Bill Rusell
Magic Johnson
Julius Erving
Charles Barkley
Larry Bird
Shaq
Bob Cousy
Wilt Chamberlain
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Those are my top 10. In all reality, today's players excluding Kobe, wouldn't be able to keep up with these guys. Back in the day they played with more intensity. I like Amare Stoudemire a lot, but he can't compare to Charles, Kareem, or Dr. J. Same goes for the rest of the NBA's superstars...
Old 03-14-2008
Threadstarter  

1. Jordan
2. Isiah Thomas
3. Bill Lambeer
4. Charles Barkley
5. Magic Johnson
6. Rasheed Wallace
7. Shaq
8. Dennis Rodman
9. Mark Price
10. Jason Kidd

also Bird, Joe D, Pippen, Charles Oakley, Anthony Mason, Tim Hardaway, Chris Mullen, Chris Webber

I would list some older guys like Wilt, Kareem, Dr. J, Baylor, etc..but I didn't have the honor of watching those guys play in their hay day..so I just went with my favs I got to watch..
Old 03-15-2008

Quote:
1. Jordan
2. Isiah Thomas
3. Bill Lambeer
4. Charles Barkley
5. Magic Johnson
6. Rasheed Wallace
7. Shaq
8. Dennis Rodman
9. Mark Price
10. Jason Kidd

also Bird, Joe D, Pippen, Charles Oakley, Anthony Mason, Tim Hardaway, Chris Mullen, Chris Webber

I would list some older guys like Wilt, Kareem, Dr. J, Baylor, etc..but I didn't have the honor of watching those guys play in their hay day..so I just went with my favs I got to watch..
NBA channel my friend I only got to watch Jordan when I was a child...him Barkely, Dominique, Magic and Kevin. Thank god they have NBA channel, they give a lot of classics. I have to say, Barkely is the most controversial player ever, to date he still makes me laugh. Him and Kenny.
Old 03-15-2008
Threadstarter  

Yeah actually I got that channel for like a month in dec..I think they were running it free cause it doesn't come in anymore..I remember they showed alot of old Jordan vs John Starks games and alot of 90's playoff games..i'll have to see how much extra it is..they also showed current games not on TNT/ESPN/FSN/ABC...I wanted League Pass but they don't offer it yet where I live...Chuck is the best..
Old 03-15-2008

Quote:
Yeah actually I got that channel for like a month in dec..I think they were running it free cause it doesn't come in anymore..I remember they showed alot of old Jordan vs John Starks games and alot of 90's playoff games..i'll have to see how much extra it is..they also showed current games not on TNT/ESPN/FSN/ABC...I wanted League Pass but they don't offer it yet where I live...Chuck is the best..
I don't have league pass but with my HD package I get Nba channel for free, only 9.99 more :D I was surprised it was included. I have DirecTV btw. Oh and how about Houston, 21 consecutive wins is amazing...but I think it's not going to last too long, they have a game coming up with some pretty tough teams-Lakers,Celtics,Hornets, Golden State and Suns. I'm sure they're going to loose to one of those teams, if they manage to beat them all, I will be greatly impressed...seriously.
Old 03-15-2008
Threadstarter  

Yeah im very impressed with Houston 21 games is insane. They are a team ive always liked to see win cause T-Mac is one of my fav players. But he shut the critics up when they said Houston wouldn't win w/o Yao..so good job by T-Mac and the Rockets..but I also think they will lose one of those upcoming games..
Old 03-15-2008

Quote:
Yeah im very impressed with Houston 21 games is insane. They are a team ive always liked to see win cause T-Mac is one of my fav players. But he shut the critics up when they said Houston wouldn't win w/o Yao..so good job by T-Mac and the Rockets..but I also think they will lose one of those upcoming games..
I'm also a fan of T-mac, awesome guy, his injuries have slowed him down tho, I always hate to see good players get injured. Even if they stop their streak, 21 is just ridiculous, and T-Mac did prove himself by leading Houston without Yao. Also, didn't Yao get injured last year at around the same time(ALL-STARS)?

The suns were on fire today, that new guy they picked up scored 23 points, he's a SG-Gordan Giricek. Amare scored his usual 30 points and 10 rbs. Not bad. Final score against Sacramento 127-99
Old 03-16-2008
Threadstarter  

Ha Detroit won Game 1 vs New Orleans on ABC today, Jarvis Hayes was on fire..finally..he takes quite a few shots usually but alot don't go in..it was raining 3's today in Detroit!..Game 2 is Lakers (w/o Pau) vs Rockets (w/o Yao) gonna be a great game..we'll see if Houston can keep that streak going..I bet Kobe goes for at least 40..
Old 03-17-2008

Quote:
Ha Detroit won Game 1 vs New Orleans on ABC today, Jarvis Hayes was on fire..finally..he takes quite a few shots usually but alot don't go in..it was raining 3's today in Detroit!..Game 2 is Lakers (w/o Pau) vs Rockets (w/o Yao) gonna be a great game..we'll see if Houston can keep that streak going..I bet Kobe goes for at least 40..
22...I remember skip to my lou from his AND1 days, he was on fire Today with those 3's. Tuesday on TNT, let's see if Celtics can beat Houston...
Old 03-17-2008
Threadstarter  

Houston with another impressive win..yeah Det playes Denver (local channel) and I'll switch over to TNT after that..This will be a real test for Houston..I hope they can pull off the win..
Old 03-18-2008
Threadstarter  

Detroit went for 136! to beat Denver (120) and another great game for Jarvis Hayes..also Rasheed hit about 5 deeeep 3's...1st quarter of Celts vs Rockets is over and Rockets up by one..I hope they can keep the streak going..they are 2nd all time with 22 straight wins..33 is the most by LA Lakers in the early 70's..
Old 03-18-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Cool OK There

:D Guys, 57 posts with NO b***ching. Ya'll are die-hard fans.
Old 03-19-2008
Threadstarter  

Im die-hard like Bruce Willis

Rockets lost
Old 03-19-2008

Quote:
Im die-hard like Bruce Willis

Rockets lost
lol

sucks for rockets, but good for Boston...you have to congratulate Houston, they only have 1-2 active superstar players playing and they won 22. Not bad at all without Yao. My hat goes off to T-Mac and his crew. As for Pistons, they're crazy...Celtics, Cavs and Pistons seem to be reviving the East.