eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Everything Else (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/)
-   -   what would you do over again? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/36772-what-would-you-do-over-again.html)

oompaloompa 09-16-2011 05:23 PM

what would you do over again?

what would you like to go back and do again, with what you know now? I would not change alot but I would go back to school and sort out some of those bullies.....

different career, relationship?

Red X 09-16-2011 05:32 PM

I think about this Topic almost every single day, but this Is what I would change:

1.) I would stay away from a certain group of people that made wrong decisions that got me Into a lot of trouble. I would have surrounded myself with a better crowd.

2.) By the age of 15 I would be using stealth methods instead of real information to sell online, making as much money as possible, and SAVING instead of trying to purchase the latest, and coolest gadgets. I would be worth A LOT of money If I would have known about stealth back in the day.

3.) I would have studied more, and gotten better grades. Not to mention avoid detentions, and school suspensions.

4.) Although I was selling online, I would have at least worked as soon as I was able to In order for me to have "work history", that would have helped me big time In this recession.

The list goes on, but those are a few things I would have changed.

Jack Alope 09-16-2011 06:43 PM

If i had a "do-over"
i would at age 17 ride my motorcycle from texas to california, surf for a year, and then join the Marines...fast forward 20 years from that point, at age 38, retire with full benefits and then begin the game of civilian life and all the possibilities it offers...

GTB 09-16-2011 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red X (Post 269442)
I think about this Topic almost every single day, but this Is what I would change:

1.) I would stay away from a certain group of people that made wrong decisions that got me Into a lot of trouble. I would have surrounded myself with a better crowd.

2.) By the age of 15 I would be using stealth methods instead of real information to sell online, making as much money as possible, and SAVING instead of trying to purchase the latest, and coolest gadgets. I would be worth A LOT of money If I would have known about stealth back in the day.

3.) I would have studied more, and gotten better grades. Not to mention avoid detentions, and school suspensions.

4.) Although I was selling online, I would have at least worked as soon as I was able to In order for me to have "work history", that would have helped me big time In this recession.

The list goes on, but those are a few things I would have changed.

exactly what red said!

Hrad 09-16-2011 08:50 PM

Live in the present, let the past be the past.

I don`t think I`d do anything differently really. Perhaps I`m too young to know if I should be doing something differently.

GTB 09-16-2011 09:06 PM

^^^ yeah probably

there will always be something you wish you did differently,even if it did not matter too much

GrannyT 09-17-2011 04:51 AM

I would change nothing.

All the things that have happened in my life were part of my journey and that has brought me to where I am now. I am 60, happy and content. I have good family around me and I have to work hard to maintain my lifestyle. I am lucky. No - more than that - I am VERY lucky.

None of this could have happened without the good, bad and terrible things that have happened to me in my 60 years - that was and is my journey - and that is why I would change nothing

:pop2:

NotAHappyBunny 09-17-2011 08:22 AM

Everything - to be honest, well almost - I had one child early in life, and I wouldnt change that.

GrannyT 09-17-2011 08:34 AM

My son asked me to write the story of my life once so that he could show his grandchildren if he had any and he asked me if I would change anything then (I didn't write it). I believe everything in life is interconnected - the old butterflies wings theory - and that's why I wouldn't change a thing

ShadyOne 09-18-2011 11:13 AM

I would not go back in time and do something over again because I would only do something I would regret. ;)

Just a point.

GrannyT 09-18-2011 11:15 AM

You make my head hurt!!:doh:

jeffweico 09-18-2011 12:31 PM

I really don't think I'd want to change anything. Even the bad stuff. It is a combination of all of our life experiences that make us who we are today. So, even if you didn't change much it could lead to a very different outcome.

Sure, I wish that I was in a little better shape, or had more money. We all do. But, basically, I am happy.

If there is something you always wanted to do, then try to make some plans to do it. If you need more money, then resolve to work a few extra hours each week on your eBay business. If you need to lose some weight or get into shape, start exercising.

We cannot undo the past, but we CAN influence the future.

Edited to add: And unless you are 80 years old and on your deathbed, then there **IS** still time to make some changes. It is NEVER too late!

FandangoKango 09-18-2011 12:43 PM

I would go back to the future and warn everybody that nikes selling my future boots on ebay! Lol

imjustme 09-18-2011 03:26 PM

If I could go back I'd fund Mark Zuckerberg's Facebook for a 50% share. :D

No, seriously ...I'd go back to when I was about 15 or 16 and would do a few things differently. It's nothing bad, just things that shaped my life when it could have been different. But then again, decisions I've made back then got me to where I am today and without those decisions I probably would have never met my wife on the other side of the world, so I doubt I'd really change anything.

madmuppet303 09-28-2011 09:37 PM

I think I'd have purchased a crap load of Google/Microsoft stocks, I'm sure I'd be set now. Other than that I don't think I'd do anything differently because the outcome wouldn't be the same. I definitely wouldn't have met my wife and wouldn't have my awesome son and future NFL linebacker.:amen:

Clay Davis 09-29-2011 02:46 AM

many things come to mind

I would have never given pay pal my ssn

Knowing what I know now, I would have been very charming to some ugly girls in grade school t hat ended up being totally hot later in life.

Also knowing that NASA would give up eventually I would have somehow diverted their funds to finance the r&d of a pair of glasses that let you selectivly see through walls and clothing.

Also knowing what I know now I would have not bought the Sega 32x or the billy the bass novelty item.

cortex 09-29-2011 07:06 AM

I want to learn more and more to see as beautiful what is necessary in things; then I shall be one of those who make things beautiful. Amor fati: let that be my love henceforth! I do not want to wage war against what is ugly. I do not want to accuse; I do not even want to accuse those who accuse. Looking away shall be my only negation. And all in all and on the whole: some day I wish to be only a Yes-sayer.

oompaloompa 09-29-2011 03:41 PM

yeah ok cortex....:rolleyes:

cortex 09-29-2011 04:01 PM

My formula for greatness in a human being is amor fati: that one wants nothing to be different, not forward, not backward, not in all eternity. Not merely bear what is necessary, still less conceal it—all idealism is mendaciousness in the face of what is necessary—but love it.

GTB 09-29-2011 04:16 PM

cortex,you mad me abit dizzy then lad

cortex 09-29-2011 04:37 PM

I really like this thread. I thought my posts would be inspiring to some people.
What I wrote was a excerpt from the works of Freidrich Neitzsche, the greatest philosopher of our time.
In a nutshell he basically says:

"one should live their life in such a way that if given the chance to live that same life again exactly as before, one should say "Yes!" without any hesitation whatsoever."

GTB 09-29-2011 04:43 PM

its a good philosiphy bud

wish it applied to me,but i would change quite a few things