My first day on fiverr - Page 6 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostWhoWalks View Post
So is being google top rank #1 page!

I know his going to say that, that is not a sure way either, and doesn't mean nothing if you don't market it the right way.
SEO sucks, period.

It should only be a part of your marketing process. One of many ways to get traffic.

Paid traffic is the ONLY way to run a real business. Just like most here Pay Ebay for paid traffic. That's all Ebay is, a paid traffic source.

No big company relies on SEO only. Paid media, social sites, youtube videos, twitter, press releases, email marketing, etc... is the key to making sales.

Traffic + Conversion (buyers) = Profits
The Following User Says Thank You to Roscoe For This Useful Post:
GhostWhoWalks (02-12-2013)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-12-2013
Banned

Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
Answers above in bold.
I also want to sell cosmetics for women this year I want to start researching for it. I told my wife that I'll find stuff to get from Canada to resell online or all over the web. But I want products that will bring me REPEAT customers only!!!! That's the key, if they buy it once and like it guess what? They'll be back for more or referral a friend or 2. And get those friends hooked on it! etc.

Who doesn't have high speed these days? OMG!

I have the lowest item selling the most at times or the highest. Just really depends. Like I said no one was buying 1 brand for the first 5 months or so, until one person buys then they all buy! The names are catchy!

Yeah social proof = manipulation too me! Yup I had one auction with over 200 sold! Oh man, this was really nice!

Not all products are coupon stuff! I had one customer who buys 2, gets a 3rd one free. Leaves me a good comment "I didn't like it, but my mom loved it!"

If they didn't like it. They won't be coming back, coupon or not! It's just what I think. what about you?

You mean if you get one it will be STEALTHSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS lol.

I had no idea of the answers in bold and different color! :P

Thank you as always!!!
Old 02-12-2013
Banned

Quote:
SEO sucks, period.

It should only be a part of your marketing process. One of many ways to get traffic.

Paid traffic is the ONLY way to run a real business. Just like most here Pay Ebay for paid traffic. That's all Ebay is, a paid traffic source.

No big company relies on SEO only. Paid media, social sites, youtube videos, twitter, press releases, email marketing, etc... is the key to making sales.

Traffic + Conversion (buyers) = Profits
Yeah I only pay $50 a month for their store and 5 cents per auction to run for 30 days and it's very good for 5 cents you get a lot of sales and traffic!

I never really understood the "Conversion (buyers) part. Do you mean for every 10,000 people who view the site 1.87% will be buyers?
Old 02-13-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Yeah I only pay $50 a month for their store and 5 cents per auction to run for 30 days and it's very good for 5 cents you get a lot of sales and traffic!
That's super cheap
Old 02-13-2013
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by testdog View Post
That's super cheap
YEAH! I mean at times I can sell 6 items and profit about $22 from each! $132 just from that one auction! It paid it self over 2,640 times!

And with that, I can do so many stealths! And do more! lol.

Old 02-13-2013

Quote:
YEAH! I mean at times I can sell 6 items and profit about $22 from each! $132 just from that one auction! It paid it self over 2,640 times!
Even if you broke even it's still worth the Investment. As a Business Consultant I show companies how they can lose money on the Initial sale, yet make a small fortune working the back-end of sales.

Your goal in any business is to gain a Customer, NOT make a sale (initially).

I'd rather have a 1,000 repeat customers vs 1,000 one and done buyers.

It cost $1.00 to retain a current customer vs $10.00 on average to gain a first time buyer.

So it's 10x cheaper to sell to existing customers.

If your business and it's marketing is based upon New Customer Acquisition (NCA) which many are, then you are doomed to fail. You can never reach your full potential.

If you have a product or service that can be sold over and over you can make a fortune breaking even or losing money on the first sale.

Delete that "mindset" of having to make money on the first sale and watch your PayPal start overflowing with cash.
GhostWhoWalks (02-13-2013)
Old 02-13-2013
Banned

Also my product has repeat customers or not. Depends if happy or not! Out of my control. Just trust me k? lol.

Well for $50 a month I got over 127 customers last year in Jan! Some repeat, mostly newer customers!

What is a good company to buy traffic that will get anyone sales? As you said yesterday SEO is crap you need to buy traffic! Or just place ads in the right locations? (contacting website owners) Is not the easiest at times.

I am not doomed to fail! All businesses require NEW customers from the START! ~ Everyone on ebay requires new customers daily. There are products you sale 1 time and 1 time only. Lets say pots and pans. Or a Fridge! It's a 1 time deal! Glasses to read, 1 time deal! A laptop 1 time deal! Still very good businesses! But you have to have the population to stay alive! I use to sale money making CD's for $10 plus $2 S&H 10 years ago. Cost me $1 for 100 blank CD's! NEW CUSTOMERS EACH TIME! I did manage to sell 2 too one guy! lol. His friend wanted a copy! lol.

Okay the mindset part. Ummmm yeah not going to happen with my stuff. For sure! I don't really see it happening and having returning customers from it!

Quote:
Even if you broke even it's still worth the Investment. As a Business Consultant I show companies how they can lose money on the Initial sale, yet make a small fortune working the back-end of sales.

Your goal in any business is to gain a Customer, NOT make a sale (initially).

I'd rather have a 1,000 repeat customers vs 1,000 one and done buyers.

It cost $1.00 to retain a current customer vs $10.00 on average to gain a first time buyer.

So it's 10x cheaper to sell to existing customers.

If your business and it's marketing is based upon New Customer Acquisition (NCA) which many are, then you are doomed to fail. You can never reach your full potential.

If you have a product or service that can be sold over and over you can make a fortune breaking even or losing money on the first sale.

Delete that "mindset" of having to make money on the first sale and watch your PayPal start overflowing with cash.
Old 02-13-2013

Talk about an Open-ended question. Oh my!

New customers? Not necessary. One of the fastest ways to increase sales revenues is to borrow other companies customers, a JV (Joint Venture). If they have a website, an email list, a newsletter, etc... you can target thier list and split the profits.

You gain instant customers, instant cash, and now you have someone who wants you to use their list again. The other business of course needs to be a non competitor. Like a Plumber using a Heating and Cooing contractors list.

Have you heard of PPV (Pay Per View), very cheap way to get traffic.

NCA (New Customer Acquisition) should NEVER be more than 20% of your marketing budget.

Use the other 80% to continue to sell to existing customers and referrals.

Your statement:
"There are products you sale 1 time and 1 time only. Lets say pots and pans. Or a Fridge! It's a 1 time deal! Glasses to read, 1 time deal! A laptop 1 time deal!

You can upsell a Warranty on that Fridge, an eyeglass holder, pot holders for those pots & pans, etc...

If a funeral home can upsell then so can you. Think outside the box, much of this can be done automatically via email once you have the process down.

With more profits per sale with each Ebay item you can destroy your ebay competitors. Imagine if you and I both made $10.00 profit on the same item.

Because I had a process in place to make $13.00 profit per sale, I now have 30% more profits to market more effectively than you.

Or I can ONLY make a $7.00 profit on the initial sale, therefore destroying my competitor (aka WalMart) knowing that I'll make an additional $3.00 profit on the back-end. Your competitors won't be around for long and soon you will dominate your Niche.
Quote:
Also my product has repeat customers or not. Depends if happy or not! Out of my control. Just trust me k? lol.

Well for $50 a month I got over 127 customers last year in Jan! Some repeat, mostly newer customers!

What is a good company to buy traffic that will get anyone sales? As you said yesterday SEO is crap you need to buy traffic! Or just place ads in the right locations? (contacting website owners) Is not the easiest at times.

I am not doomed to fail! All businesses require NEW customers from the START! ~ Everyone on ebay requires new customers daily. There are products you sale 1 time and 1 time only. Lets say pots and pans. Or a Fridge! It's a 1 time deal! Glasses to read, 1 time deal! A laptop 1 time deal! Still very good businesses! But you have to have the population to stay alive! I use to sale money making CD's for $10 plus $2 S&H 10 years ago. Cost me $1 for 100 blank CD's! NEW CUSTOMERS EACH TIME! I did manage to sell 2 too one guy! lol. His friend wanted a copy! lol.

Okay the mindset part. Ummmm yeah not going to happen with my stuff. For sure! I don't really see it happening and having returning customers from it!
Old 02-13-2013
Banned

LOL

Oh right barrowing other companies customers! Kinda like the tax place I seen in Toronto with one guy paying for ads all over the city, and the guy next door opens up the same business with no ads cause the guy next door already paid for everything to get customers to walk in! lol

A Joint Venture! Now that is a good one! I've seen this done in Florida, a sales agent would offer you a house + someone to give you credit to buy the house. And the credit company probably deals with 50 agents if not more! That is a good one! Very good!

PPV is a good way to get it. You pay $60 per 10,000 views I think? It comes down to under 1 cent per view for sure. But you got to target the websites for it! You can't just put an ad on a paint ball website for car parts, now if you put an ad to deal with paint ball you'll get more then just car parts!

I was looking into PPS, Paid Per Sale! (I think it's called) I think that one would be good but honestly I don't think it would work! PPV, I am still thinking about it! Been a while for many years. Cheap is not always the way to go! But it could be!

Yeah you can upsell them more, too me the warranty is not something I would have in mind. Unless you are selling a TV, chairs, tables, a couch, + a warranty would be good for those things. And everytime I buy a laptop, I always buy a bag with it and 1 year warranty. I ask for it myself!

You know what a perfect business is? Oil changes, you have repeat business, plus you can upsell them, air fliter, tires, A/C fluids, window washer fluid, break fluid, trans fluid, window washers, list goes on and on. In and out within 20 minutes.

I don't like the box, I am sure funeral home can offer services to drive it there? I don't know cause I never really delt with one.

One I use to want to get into was perfume! You buy 1, offer them deals for another brand, or send a tester with it. Probably is, too heavy to ship and competition on ebay for it is doing a good job! A good product too me is something you can sell to both sex, under $20 with repeat business!

Gillette is the best company (too me for the long run) I wish I could own! Repeat customers like CRAZY! ALL AGES (13+)! BOTH SEX! UNDER $9.99! Every store you walk into in the world holds their products! They have other products shaving cream, deo, shampoo, different types of razors, gift baskets, & more. Coca Cola is another one. Salt is another one. Sugar also.

I want to dominate my niche with flooding ebay with it! And being in control. I want to show up with at least 75% in the search engine when I hold the market. That's how I want to do it! Item ending each minute of the day for 30 days. So that I show up on the ending the soonest! While they only have 165 items ending per 30 days. And once they are hurt and not doing so well, be the only one standing. I wanted to do this 10 yrs ago no idea if it would work or not.

Walmaret did something like that. Plus they would sell DVD's for cheaper then wholesale just to hurt businesses in the area! Cause that's what targets people to leave the house to go to a STORE they spend more money on research/marketing then anything else!

Hey do you get people who email you for advice on this site?

Quote:
Talk about an Open-ended question. Oh my!

New customers? Not necessary. One of the fastest ways to increase sales revenues is to borrow other companies customers, a JV (Joint Venture). If they have a website, an email list, a newsletter, etc... you can target thier list and split the profits.

You gain instant customers, instant cash, and now you have someone who wants you to use their list again. The other business of course needs to be a non competitor. Like a Plumber using a Heating and Cooing contractors list.

Have you heard of PPV (Pay Per View), very cheap way to get traffic.

NCA (New Customer Acquisition) should NEVER be more than 20% of your marketing budget.

Use the other 80% to continue to sell to existing customers and referrals.

Your statement:
"There are products you sale 1 time and 1 time only. Lets say pots and pans. Or a Fridge! It's a 1 time deal! Glasses to read, 1 time deal! A laptop 1 time deal!

You can upsell a Warranty on that Fridge, an eyeglass holder, pot holders for those pots & pans, etc...

If a funeral home can upsell then so can you. Think outside the box, much of this can be done automatically via email once you have the process down.

With more profits per sale with each Ebay item you can destroy your ebay competitors. Imagine if you and I both made $10.00 profit on the same item.

Because I had a process in place to make $13.00 profit per sale, I now have 30% more profits to market more effectively than you.

Or I can ONLY make a $7.00 profit on the initial sale, therefore destroying my competitor (aka WalMart) knowing that I'll make an additional $3.00 profit on the back-end. Your competitors won't be around for long and soon you will dominate your Niche.

Last edited by GhostWhoWalks; 02-13-2013 at 11:51 AM.
Old 02-13-2013
Banned

Oh and mcds does a lot of upsells. Would you like to try our new BIG and TASTE calorie burger? Would you like fries with that? Would you want a drink?
Old 02-13-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Yes, yes... I do !
Old 02-13-2013

Quote:
LOL

Oh right barrowing other companies customers!

A Joint Venture! Now that is a good one! That is a good one! Very good!

Gillette is the best company (too me for the long run) I wish I could own! Repeat customers like CRAZY! ALL AGES (13+)! BOTH SEX! UNDER $9.99!

I want to dominate my niche with flooding ebay with it! And being in control.

Hey do you get people who email you for advice on this site?

JV's are one of the fastest ways to growth.

Gillette is a great example. Lose money on the sale of the razor, make hudreds, if not thousands off the blades. Warrenn Buffet is a big investor in Gillette for that exact reason. He also owns McDonalds and Coca-Cola.

How do I get email from members here? I don't.
Old 02-13-2013
Banned

Quote:
JV's are one of the fastest ways to growth.

Gillette is a great example. Lose money on the sale of the razor, make hudreds, if not thousands off the blades. Warrenn Buffet is a big investor in Gillette for that exact reason. He also owns McDonalds and Coca-Cola.

How do I get email from members here? I don't.
HA See since age 16 I always liked Gillette for that reason! Coca Cola was another one!

Oh I just get random emails about the stuff you and me write! That they are helpful and so on.

I did want to do something you talked about, as in give it away for free. I know AOL did this try it out for a month, (and they still charge you!) lol. There is one product i would give away for FREE, just cause in the long run the repeat business would be $35 per month per person! I would give them even 50% off first time or who knows! It's the long run that counts. This would only work with category #4 product. Not the 1st 3.

Also the marketing tip for free emails to subscribers is a very good idea I had found some last year but you had to pay and so on. Once I get fully set up, I would so do the email part, cause you can always offer 10% off and so on. One of the companies I buy my products from, emails me daily or every 2 days offering free shipping on items over $150 or 15% off this week etc. Really does help out a lot!

And about the JV idea, I was already thinking of putting it out in locations and telling people at those locations to send them my way to get $$$ per sale I would get. Or just tell them here you go, buy 50 of these, give them out, you make your money! And if they don't sell I'll buy them back from you within 6 months. So they have no risk at all and never lost a dime! I am also thinking of putting websites or something small with all my products very soon to drive traffic to a website. So I would be cutting ebay out. For this type of repeat business. I would save a lot of money on their final value sold items! $5 to $7.

As always nice talking too you man!!!

Last edited by GhostWhoWalks; 02-13-2013 at 01:53 PM.
Old 02-13-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I've heard that about Gillete somewhere before... awesome !
Old 02-13-2013

Longevity: 69%

Need I say anymore..am a fiverr don earning money from my own vocals..and people last year on this forum laughed at me for earning $5 ..in the last two week from upselling on Fiverr i've made this..it's not bad for 2 weeks earnings..
Old 02-13-2013
Banned

Any of the things we talked about you are doing now currently?
The Following User Says Thank You to GhostWhoWalks For This Useful Post:
moneyhustler88 (02-13-2013)
Old 02-13-2013

This is amazing. Great job everyone for finding what is working for them! I hope to find my niche soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to km018 For This Useful Post:
moneyhustler88 (02-13-2013)
Old 02-13-2013

Hey Ghostwhowalks..mate was fantastic talking to you the other day on PM! How are you? No mate I'm just offering rapping, audio editing..my own hobbies really. Although am looking to go into another venture REAL SOON..on a seperate stealth Fiverr
Old 02-13-2013
Banned

lolll Sure sure, fiverr is not really my thing. Even if the money is better. I am looking for long term stuff, my ebay stuff pays more then just $5. I am good just tired here. Seems to be a lot for audio editing! Must be a new market thing! Good luck with it. I think the idea I had told you about is good! But you can't sleep at night lol.
Old 02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneyhustler88 View Post

Need I say anymore..am a fiverr don earning money from my own vocals..and people last year on this forum laughed at me for earning $5 ..in the last two week from upselling on Fiverr i've made this..it's not bad for 2 weeks earnings..
Nice. Are you doing Voice Overs for videos?

I spend a lot with Fiverr on Internet Marketing related products and services.

Get those people on an email list and start a Relationship.

Sell higher end products down the road.

Hire a full-time VA (virtual assistant) like I do from Indonesia and the Phillipines for $300.00 month.

Take as many Fiverr gigs as you can and forward all the work to them.

All you do is Upsell more expensive gigs, write fancy emails (like me) and continue to add value for your customers.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roscoe For This Useful Post:
GhostWhoWalks (02-13-2013), km018 (02-13-2013)
Old 02-13-2013
Banned

You just live and breathe internet! It's amazing how one person can do so much money offline!

Very nice stuff! You got a crew going!

Quote:
Nice. Are you doing Voice Overs for videos?

I spend a lot with Fiverr on Internet Marketing related products and services.

Get those people on an email list and start a Relationship.

Sell higher end products down the road.

Hire a full-time VA (virtual assistant) like I do from Indonesia and the Phillipines for $300.00 month.

Take as many Fiverr gigs as you can and forward all the work to them.

All you do is Upsell more expensive gigs, write fancy emails (like me) and continue to add value for your customers.
Old 02-13-2013

Nah Ghostwhowalks its a fantastic idea what you have..but i think it's saturated..way too many people doing it..but your idea gave me..an idea aha so yeah..and yeah if u can earn more elsewhere its good..but if your selling something you enjoy doing..then its good little pocket money..and am going to Ibiza in August+ Marbella in September so I need every penny..lol
Closed Thread