My first day on fiverr - Page 5 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%

We should have Levels of Stealth...

I would be a level 100!
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
GhostWhoWalks (02-11-2013)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-11-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
We should have Levels of Stealth...

I would be a level 100!
I would be at 99 1/2.

Old 02-11-2013

Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneyhustler88 View Post
No testdog what am saying is that Fiverr has a system in place much like eBay. A aged account of 2 months will reach levels faster than a brand new account. For example:
I opened a account yesterday it took 10 sales for it to reach level 1 which took me a while..and i know it'll be a minimum wait of another 2 months before i hit level 2..but in less than 3 days using a 2 month aged fiverr account..i've reached level 1 already..and am half way on the way to level 2..with only 7 sales..and $80 in the bank..understand?
For $5.00 I would send money via PP to family, friends, etc... and tell them to buy a Fiverr gig from me asap.

You won't have to fill any orders either. Send them $10.00 and tell them to leave a 5 Star review.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roscoe For This Useful Post:
GhostWhoWalks (02-11-2013), km018 (02-11-2013)
Old 02-11-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
For $5.00 I would send money via PP to family, friends, etc... and tell them to buy a Fiverr gig from me asap.

You won't have to fill any orders either. Send them $10.00 and tell them to leave a 5 Star review.
WoW ! Good idea !
The Following User Says Thank You to testdog For This Useful Post:
Roscoe (02-12-2013)
Old 02-12-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I have lost my level 1 badge ! Not sure if it is because of delays to deliver orders :/ When will I get it back ?
Old 02-12-2013
Banned

Go stealth on it!
Old 02-12-2013

I Think roscoes idea is proabably the most sensible post ive read in this thread.
At least with fiverr unlike ebay you know exactly what its going to cost to get good feedback.
But i still feel this fiverr is a dead horse .. $4 per order .. thats a lot of people to keep happy .
And it would appear problems are arising allready .
Old 02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceuk View Post
I Think roscoes idea is proabably the most sensible post ive read in this thread.
At least with fiverr unlike ebay you know exactly what its going to cost to get good feedback.
But i still feel this fiverr is a dead horse .. $4 per order .. thats a lot of people to keep happy .
And it would appear problems are arising allready .
As I stated previously, I know people making over $1,000 per day, 7 days a week using Fiverr.

The key is to offer a Great Product or Service who's value far exceeds the cost to produce.

Then once you have their TRUST you upsell them, get repeat business, referrals, and more expensive gigs.

That's the KEY to ALL business, not just Fiverr.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roscoe For This Useful Post:
GhostWhoWalks (02-12-2013), km018 (02-12-2013)
Old 02-12-2013

Quote:
As I stated previously, I know people making over $1,000 per day, 7 days a week using Fiverr.

The key is to offer a Great Product or Service who's value far exceeds the cost to produce.

Then once you have their TRUST you upsell them, get repeat business, referrals, and more expensive gigs.

That's the KEY to ALL business, not just Fiverr.
I said it was a good idea.
I did not want another lecture thank you , im am not 12 years of age.
I am fully aware of how to run a business .
Old 02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceuk View Post
I said it was a good idea.
I did not want another lecture thank you , im am not 12 years of age.
I am fully aware of how to run a business .
No one said the quote was directed at you. I simply responded to your response.

When I read a post by GreenBean or SandyD I assume they expect many others to read the same info, as a group.

Rarely do I say "this is directed at you only."

You made this statement, which of course makes no sense if you read what I previously posted.

"But i still feel this fiverr is a dead horse .. $4 per order .."

Why does any upfront money or profit have to do with making money in any business?

Last edited by Roscoe; 02-12-2013 at 03:51 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Roscoe For This Useful Post:
Sell4more2 (02-12-2013)
Old 02-12-2013
Banned

Bruceuk - lol

Roscoe - I get referrals from my buyers, and repeat business more then once. I found out if I email them after noticing they buy a 2nd time from me, asking how it went and if they really liked it that much etc. They even referral others too me and buy from me more then once, and at times more then 2 items per order. Not going to be a millionaire but still nice.
Old 02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostWhoWalks View Post
Bruceuk - lol

Roscoe - I get referrals from my buyers, and repeat business more then once. I found out if I email them after noticing they buy a 2nd time from me, asking how it went and if they really liked it that much etc. They even referral others too me and buy from me more then once, and at times more then 2 items per order. Not going to be a millionaire but still nice.
I don't know a damn thing about Ebay but I am an expert at Marketing a business.

If you can capture the persons email address you should send them an email Immediately after their purchase Thanking them for the sale. (this also cuts down substantially Refunds or Disputes).

A day later you should do a follow-up with some advice or a free gift showing them how to make better use of whatever you sold them. No matter what you sell you can come up with an idea to send them.

Continue to send an email at least once a week. Give them Special Offers that are NOT available via Ebay. Send them to a Landing Page with your Offer and a PP Buy Now button.

You will get 10x the sales with current and repeat customers than you will with trying to acquire a New customer. People who are naive "think" that new customers is the key to business, it's not.

If you want to make real money (aka ME) then go Viral. Ask them to referr 3 friends via email, then give them a Massive Discount or a Free Gift.

Now you have increased your potential Buyers threefold without doing anything.

You can get an Autoresponder for Free: Email Marketing and Email List Manager | MailChimp

SandyD likes Free stuff.

Last edited by Roscoe; 02-12-2013 at 04:25 PM.
GhostWhoWalks (02-12-2013)
Old 02-12-2013
Banned

Still waiting for your step by step guide! lol

I normally send in a sheet of paper saying "Thank you for buying etc."

I've had a lot buy 2nd time, 3rd, 4th, 7th and one person 14 times! I had a few email me asking where the product was due to late post office problems, saying they had sent others to buy from me and that they are a good customer etc. I should save all 1,000 of those emails and email them all over again! Good idea! But I don't want to spam them either!

Having new customers is the key for mine. Going viral would love too! I think that tip works differently really for different products, mine is word of mouth!

Very nice tips there, 2 good ones!

Quote:
I don't know a damn thing about Ebay but I am an expert at Marketing a business.

If you can capture the persons email address you should send them an email Immediately after their purchase Thanking them for the sale. (this also cuts down substantially Refunds or Disputes).

A day later you should do a follow-up with some advice or a free gift showing them how to make better use of whatever you sold them. No matter what you sell you can come up with an idea to send them.

Continue to send an email at least once a week. Give them Special Offers that are NOT available via Ebay. Send them to a Landing Page with your Offer and a PP Buy Now button.

You will get 10x the sales with current and repeat customers than you will with trying to acquire a New customer. People who are naive "think" that new customers is the key to business, it's not.

If you want to make real money (aka ME) then go Viral. Ask them to referr 3 friends via email, then give them a Massive Discount or a Free Gift.

Now you have increased your potential Buyers threefold without doing anything. You can get an Autoresponder for Free: Email Marketing and Email List Manager | MailChimp

SandyD likes Free stuff.
Old 02-12-2013
Banned

I wonder what kind of gifts I could send people.

I was thinking of having my products on peoples website who already have traffic coming, I either ship it for them or ship 50 of my products to them. I would even buy it back if it does not sell within 6 months! So they don't have to worry and nothing to lose really. That's what I plan on doing really in the near very near future!
Old 02-12-2013

Spam has nothing to do with it.

Have them Double Opt-In, this way you are in compliance with the Can Spam Act: CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The best product or service is something that is needed repeatedly. Barber, Food, Doctor, Ink for printer, dispoable diapers, drugs, etc... Get them hooked like a Drug Dealer.

If a person buys from you 4x, then they will buy from you forever until YOU blow it.

Unless you are in the Funeral business, repeat customers, referrals, is key to succeeding in business.

Almost impossible to survive in ANY business without repeat and referrals.

Quote:
Still waiting for your step by step guide! lol

I normally send in a sheet of paper saying "Thank you for buying etc."

I've had a lot buy 2nd time, 3rd, 4th, 7th and one person 14 times! I had a few email me asking where the product was due to late post office problems, saying they had sent others to buy from me and that they are a good customer etc. I should save all 1,000 of those emails and email them all over again! Good idea!

But I don't want to spam them either!

Having new customers is the key for mine. Going viral would love too! I think that tip works differently really for different products, mine is word of mouth!

Very nice tips there, 2 good ones!
Old 02-12-2013

Quote:
I wonder what kind of gifts I could send people.

I was thinking of having my products on peoples website who already have traffic coming, I either ship it for them or ship 50 of my products to them. I would even buy it back if it does not sell within 6 months! So they don't have to worry and nothing to lose really. That's what I plan on doing really in the near very near future!
It could be anything, even something that has nothing to do with what you sold them.

A PDF telling them how to use the product better.

A quick video can do the same as above. Make public on Youtube and include your Ebay or Homepage link on your YouTube channel (like I do). Other YT viewers will see your video and buy from you. It also helps your Branding and your Positioning over other competitors.

80% of all buyers (incl ebay) do NOT buy based upon Price alone, regardless of what YOU may "think."

Maybe send your buyer a Coupon for their "Next" purchase from you.

I've got about a 197 more ideas.

If your buyer believes you have his/her best interet at heart and you stand out different from other vendors they are buying from then YOU will get ALL thier business.

I'll have to learn what Ebay is first.
Old 02-12-2013
Banned

I love it Mr. KNOWN IT ALL! You got all the info in the world in your head! I love it!

Mine is kinda repeatedly! Personal or gifts! WOW! Nice 4 times eh? I mean I get like 80 to 170 orders per month, and been doing it for 18 months or so. But it's hard to remember peoples names and addresses, but at times I remember and check search it in my emails. And sure enough bam it's there! One lady 14 times!!!!! I had 3 accounts selling once, and she bough them from my other accounts also! LOL!

Mcds has a lot of repeat!

I once sold in a city in Florida, in Naples okay? 2 Weeks later another customer from that area! I've noticed if someone buys from a small town! A few weeks later it shows up on the map again! I've had Naples more then once and the customer who told me that they had also told someone about my product was from there!

At times I have 1 sale in a day, and you know what it is? REPEAT CUSTOMER! I've seen people sell 3 pounds or 3 kilos of ham on ebay this week someone on here showed me! I had no idea you could sell food! So nice eh? Food!

Quote:
Spam has nothing to do with it.

Have them Double Opt-In, this way you are in compliance with the Can Spam Act: CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The best product or service is something that is needed repeatedly. Barber, Food, Doctor, Ink for printer, dispoable diapers, drugs, etc... Get them hooked like a Drug Dealer.

If a person buys from you 4x, then they will buy from you forever until YOU blow it.

Unless you are in the Funeral business, repeat customers, referrals, is key to succeeding in business.

Almost impossible to survive in ANY business without repeat and referrals.
Old 02-12-2013

Quote:
I once sold in a city in Florida, in Naples okay? 2 Weeks later another customer from that area! I've noticed if someone buys from a small town! A few weeks later it shows up on the map again! I've had Naples more then once and the customer who told me that they had also told someone about my product was from there!

At times I have 1 sale in a day, and you know what it is? REPEAT CUSTOMER! I've seen people sell 3 pounds or 3 kilos of ham on ebay this week someone on here showed me! I had no idea you could sell food! So nice eh? Food!
You must be selling diapers to seniors in Florida, lol.
Old 02-12-2013
Banned

I got a youtube channel 2,700 subs!

PDF wouldn't be a bad idea!

You are so right about them not buying over price. I got brands, and Some are $9.99 to $32.99 right? They buy the expensive ones! I've set up 2 auctions on 2 accounts, same brand, both running at the same time, one offering buy 2 get 3rd one free! And one just saying buy 2. Nothing free! And people buy 2 without researching for a better price. At 1 point I had 30% click rate to my auction, with 50% BUY RATE!!! My friend said it was too good of a number. No idea but sure worked wonders for me! 8 sales per day for weeks on just 1 auction! Starting out my first 3 months also.

I price my stuff 27.99 28.99 29.99 30.99 31.99 32.99 and people buy the 32.99 more! At times the 27.99! It's great really! I've had auctions for 1 year no sales, then someone buys, and it's like a train reaction, then others start to buy, cause it got ranked up in the search! And people see "oh 1 was sold, I'll get it also".

I was thinking of doing a coupon but ehhhh.

I already have the buy 2 get a 3rd one free, guy 3, get 4th one free, etc. And I offer free S&H! My auctions are very long I spend 20 hours doing it. I repeat stuff in there so people see it's a lot of info. And clicks in the brain reading things over and over again!

197 do share! lol. Probably 2 or 3 will be useful only lol.

I really think you got an ebay account! lol

Quote:
It could be anything, even something that has nothing to do with what you sold them.

A PDF telling them how to use the product better.

A quick video can do the same as above. Make public on Youtube and include your Ebay or Homepage link on your YouTube channel (like I do). Other YT viewers will see your video and buy from you. It also helps your Branding and your Positioning over other competitors.

80% of all buyers (incl ebay) do NOT buy based upon Price alone, regardless of what YOU may "think."

Maybe send your buyer a Coupon for their "Next" purchase from you.

I've got about a 197 more ideas.

If your buyer believes you have his/her best interet at heart and you stand out different from other vendors they are buying from then YOU will get ALL thier business.

I'll have to learn what Ebay is first.
Old 02-12-2013
Banned

Quote:
You must be selling diapers to seniors in Florida, lol.
Even better then diapers! lol.
Old 02-12-2013

Quote:
I got a youtube channel 2,700 subs!

PDF wouldn't be a bad idea!

Any form of communication is better than none. Video is not always good because not everyone has high speed internet.
You are so right about them not buying over price. I got brands, and Some are $9.99 to $32.99 right?

They buy the expensive ones!

A woman walks into an expensive department store and goes to the cosmetics counter.

4 perfumes on display. $25oz, $50oz, $100oz, $400oz.

Which perfume will the majority think is Best?

Which one will most buy?

I've set up 2 auctions on 2 accounts, same brand, both running at the same time, one offering buy 2 get 3rd one free! And one just saying buy 2. Nothing free! And people buy 2 without researching for a better price. At 1 point I had 30% click rate to my auction, with 50% BUY RATE!!! My friend said it was too good of a number. No idea but sure worked wonders for me! 8 sales per day for weeks on just 1 auction! Starting out my first 3 months also.

I price my stuff 27.99 28.99 29.99 30.99 31.99 32.99 and people buy the 32.99 more! At times the 27.99! It's great really! I've had auctions for 1 year no sales, then someone buys, and it's like a train reaction, then others start to buy, cause it got ranked up in the search!

And people see "oh 1 was sold, I'll get it also".

It's the herd effect otherwise known as Social Proof. People will buy what others are buying.

I was thinking of doing a coupon but ehhhh.
Don't think whay may work, TEST. That's what top companies are always doing.

I already have the buy 2 get a 3rd one free, guy 3, get 4th one free, etc. And I offer free S&H! My auctions are very long I spend 20 hours doing it. I repeat stuff in there so people see it's a lot of info. And clicks in the brain reading things over and over again!

197 do share! lol. Probably 2 or 3 will be useful only lol.

I really think you got an ebay account! lol
No Ebay account, Yet!

If I do get one it will be Stealth!

Answers above in bold.
Old 02-12-2013
Banned

So is being google top rank #1 page!

I know his going to say that, that is not a sure way either, and doesn't mean nothing if you don't market it the right way.
Closed Thread