Letting off steam - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Old 10-11-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 64%
Default Letting off steam

This month just seems to be more trick than treat and I'm going to scream!

After not long qualified for TRS it seems the whole world has been against me. After having the last 18 months of my top bonafide Ebay account go from strength to strength and not one negative over the last 18 months, I have now received no less than 3 in a short a space of 2 weeks! One being a low DSR on every criteria!

I've gone above and beyond to help most people but lately it seems RM is up to its old tricks of losing mail, that or I seem to be the target of scam head douche bags, even using tracked post hasn't helped me of late!

The ones that have left a negative I have communicated to try and resolve their problem and none of them have come back to me so I've used the report a buyer feature as I really dont feel I deserve these negatives. I've never had to use this feature before? Does it work? Can I get negatives removed if I can show eBay that I've done everything justifiable and that their feedback is not relevant? Is it best to call someone at eBay?

Just as a backgrounder, this eBay account has been going for years and years with no limits imposed and most of my feedback is glowing so I do have a really good seller history and its not a stealth account. Worth a shot?

Any ways this post was mainly to vent my frustration more than anything but would appreciate any advice on handling the negatives esp as my TRS status is now under threat.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-11-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 67%
Default Re: Letting off steam

Quote:
After not long qualified for TRS it seems the whole world has been against me.
Sorry about the troubles OP. This is the CON part of the TRS program. Obviously the PRO part of the TRS program is you attract more potential buyers who may decide to purchase from you based on your proven track record.

On the flip side, you also attract 'professional' buyers who know you will do anything to maintain your TRS standing and they will manipulate you into doing so.

That TRS badge is a bulls eye for potential troubles. I much rather have multiple stealth accounts that stays under the radar & attracts less attention.
Old 10-11-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

You seem to be relying way too much on one account OP - make 4 others and spread the risk out...unless you have multiple stealths going?
Old 10-11-2013
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Already have some stealth's going but its just frustrating when you do the right thing but attract the trolls because of it. Like they have nothing else better to do.

This is my main non stealth account which has been going since 2001 so want to keep it clean. The stealth's are building but are no where near the feedback and history level of this account plus having no limits, its easier to list more and therefore bring in the cash with this account.
Old 10-12-2013
Executive [VIP]

I hear you tmastermind - it's annoying these circumstances out of your control.

If shipping indeed is a trouble, you need to explore other options...vs. your profit model too.

Example: 2 or so years ago Canada Post was giving me hassles...I needed better service so I went with UPS - had to up the price a bit so lost some buyers but I wanted to preserve the quality of the account. Just an experience example.
Old 10-12-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmastermind View Post
The ones that have left a negative I have communicated to try and resolve their problem and none of them have come back to me so I've used the report a buyer feature as I really dont feel I deserve these negatives. I've never had to use this feature before? Does it work? Can I get negatives removed if I can show eBay that I've done everything justifiable and that their feedback is not relevant? Is it best to call someone at eBay?
Can you be sure these are not competitors?

How much effort went into dealing with them? Did you ask for their contact details etc etc? Quite a bit can be done to show ebay of your intentions.

Not good at all to happen. ugh.
Old 10-12-2013

Longevity: 66%

I am hit sometimes by competitors like that.

Typical pattern is:
* Old buyer account not used in a long time (probably a paid family member)
* Negative feedback is left the day after receive the package with comment like 'bad product/slow shipping' without even talking to me.
* buyer account shows that he purchased similar items at competitor the same week but left positive feedback to competitor

Not much you can do about negative feedback. Best way to sell low price/fast ship items in high volumes so that the negative feedback get diluted.
Old 10-13-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by john456 View Post
Best way to sell low price/fast ship items in high volumes so that the negative feedback get diluted.
Exactly - always have reserve of these going
Old 10-21-2013
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

it probably is a competitor(s), none of them are coming back to me after communicating to them hence I have used the report a buyer option and leave it as is...I'm now sadly downgraded back to above average status and dont have the discount or TRS any more but it should go back in a couple of months time.
Old 10-21-2013

Longevity: 61%

Sorry to hear of your troubles tmastermind, I've had the same sort of cr&p recently... I can go months with no bad feedback and all of a sudden 3 in a week.. one person leaves one and it seems to open up the floodgates for everybody else!

It's very unnerving and really does stress me out and make me sit here and think of whether eBay is worth it. But, you get that in every job if your boss has a go at you, so I guess it's just part of life.

Hang in there!

GG
The Following User Says Thank You to Geegee83 For This Useful Post:
tmastermind (10-21-2013)
Old 10-21-2013
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

yea exact same thing 18 months without 1 neg but as soon as I reach TRS, 3 in as many weeks!

One cheeky git decided to leave feedback that was positive (almost 60 days later) but left low DSRs on everything and complained in the positive fb that the item was cheap and poor (it was only a £2 case he paid for anyway so it wasn't going to be the best case in the world).

Upon closer inspection though, I did manage to find the sale and low n behold, the address is a unit address at a xxx street address so I'm pretty sure this is a stealth account!

Also its from Canada.... Rsot? lmao J/K
Old 10-22-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmastermind View Post
Also its from Canada.... Rsot? lmao J/K
/grin tmastermind /grin...only 10 ppl in all of Canada and all are on this forum