BBC Documentary on Counterfeiting - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Old 08-19-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 3%
Longevity: 76%
Default Re: BBC Documentary on Counterfeiting

It's mostly all of the designers who sold out to major umbrella corps. All only care about profits, so hi-ho hi-ho off to China we go!

Only the ones still owned by the original families seem to stay true to tradition and quality.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-19-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
It's mostly all of the designers who sold out to major umbrella corps. All only care about profits, so hi-ho hi-ho off to China we go!

Only the ones still owned by the original families seem to stay true to tradition and quality.
Like Versace?

Burberry were such fun.

When their first lot of foo-foos flooded ebay UK, the punters could not believe their luck when their listings got pulled.

They truly thought they had 'got' the real deal

Poor poor copy
Old 08-19-2014
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Like Versace?

Burberry were such fun.

When their first lot of foo-foos flooded ebay UK, the punters could not believe their luck when their listings got pulled.

They truly thought they had 'got' the real deal

Poor poor copy
I think the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ were meant more for American shoppers. Over here, most people would not have a clue as to how to spot a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ Burberry ANYTHING! Americans only care about labels. As long as the quality wasn't UNREASONABLY awful, they would most likely pass for the real thing.
Old 08-19-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 3%
Longevity: 76%

Hey, even people that know it's fa.ke don't care here in USA.

I mean, there is literally a company now selling red bottom stickers for girls' heels to make them look like Christian Louboutin's.

People are so pathetic.
Old 08-19-2014

Longevity: 64%
Send a message via ICQ to easy.bake.oven

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
I think the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ were meant more for American shoppers. Over here, most people would not have a clue as to how to spot a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ Burberry ANYTHING! Americans only care about labels. As long as the quality wasn't UNREASONABLY awful, they would most likely pass for the real thing.
As a worldwide traveller, I can confidently say most people aint got a clue, no matter where they are from, so u usa people are as clueless as most of the world so don't knock yourselves - saying that, I seen u Americans in many countries getting in the way, doofing about, but hey, as mentioned, world is like that
Old 08-19-2014

Longevity: 61%

Part 2:

The Following User Says Thank You to Geegee83 For This Useful Post:
autolife (09-16-2014)
Old 08-19-2014
Banned

Longevity: 66%

Me personally I don't give a F about wearing anything with a brand.

This is how I view things in life.

(EXAMPLE)

Nike Tshirt (grown in a field) $49.99
Gucci (grown in the same field) $129.99
Lacoste (grown in the field next door from Gucci) $199.99
Walmart (grown in both fields) $6.99
GWW Brand (grown in one of the fields) $4.99

What is the difference between all of these sellers? Well GGW is not as greedy and sells it for $4.99 (example) because it is a no brand name. While Walmart cares to rank in the funds from the poor and middle class. While other high brands put a label on it for show off looks to show you got SWAG because we all know that will get you a BJ in life today if you wear name brands *rolls eyes*.

This is how I view it. To me it all comes from the same cotton field.

I love exotic cars, Ferrari's, Lamborghini's, etc. $250k+ But the reality is that these cars were all in mother years ago along with the same parts a Ford, Honda is made from. Everything was in the ground anyways, plast, metal, leather (from animals). It's just fashion to me. I don't agree a car costs $500k but yet they'll say "it's fast" I've seen cars under $50k go faster then these super cars. You guys ever read about a guy spending $80k on a brand new BENZ only to find out it didn't start? Yeah nice going! I heard the real cost of making a corvette is really only $15k to build it. Yet it goes down for $50k at the dealers.

To me name brands like LV hand bags just means your eating DVD's at home and drinking your own tears because you living off a credit card anyways. When I was younger I use to wear $49.99 tshirts but what does that do for you in life? I'd get free money from my home country so I didn't know how hard it is to earn a buck in life. $49.99 Tshirt or something from walmart that's 100% cotton? I honestly go to walmart who do I have to show off for? I got money in the bank, more then those who wear these brands. Most of these idiots in life wear name brand shows to show off. Like what? A girl suppose to blow you cause you got the new Air Jordan? Wearing the same outfits that their favorite rapper made to sell to the public. So they automatically think they'll be rich because they wear it also? No they just a tool/fool manipulated to get rich off of.

I had a cousin who went and bough this expensive watch for like $5k to show off when he invited everyone at a party and it's like dude you got 4 kids, living off a credit card, got 2.5 jobs cause your wife is a big spender and yet you hitting me up for $100 that took you 12 months to pay back.

I don't even like jewelry, I grew up in the states. Got gun point middle of the day time I was 13. So why wear jewelry or an expensive watch to just get robbed? Thank god I am in Canada where there is hardly any crime compared to states.

Name brands are just junk, unless you really buying quality, such a TV, or hair shampoo products.

Brand names are for people who wanna show off that they are rich when really they are not. If you arn't making movies, music and wearing this please save it. After a 100 washes it will end up like any other brand anyways.

Me what I care for in life is owning a business earning $20k a month in the near future. Having a house paid off cash in a nice area so I don't get robbed or deal with drama. Not having to worry about losing a job. I knew someone who worked 19 years and lost everything because the company closed out. What's the point of going to school for 4 years then only to be in debt to pay it back and start off with a low paying job or good luck if you can even find that job. You want to make it today. Become a business owner. I just want enough money in the bank in life to just live off the % and not worry or give an F about anything else really. A nice house paid at least 3,000 sq to 5,000 sq feet. The rest can wait.

Last edited by JamesNorth101; 08-19-2014 at 08:44 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to GhostWhoWalks For This Useful Post:
glacier922 (08-19-2014)
Old 08-19-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Counterfeit sports cars....mmm
Old 08-19-2014
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Counterfeit sports cars....mmm
lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llll You and GB cracke me up along with MM in the chat.

But yeah China has already made a counterfeit BENZ. They also did copy the Rolls Royce.

China: Mercedes S-Class and Ferrari Crash, Man Fined for Driving ⊗⊗⊗⊗ Mercedes - BenzInsider.com - A Mercedes-Benz Fan Blog
Old 08-19-2014

GWW I agree..

I don't wear any designer stuff, well apart from some skate brands but I don't care if it's real / ⊗⊗⊗⊗ etc, as long as it's relatively cheap! I get reduced last season stuff, or just shop at Asda (Walmart) for their T-shirts and clothing.

I do like cars! & have my eye on a few regular sports cars, but I'm sensible and don't spend what I can't afford.

I was bankrupt in 2006 and it was bad, it made me grow up and realise that I don't want all those "things", I want success.. since then I've got my First Class Degree by working my ass off, and I've built up a business that pays well, make my own products and has unlimited capacity to expand. I'm driven, and I work on orders 9-5 then sit on my laptop designing new products whilst I watch Family Guy in the living room with my partner.

It's not easy, but I like it, I'm driven and it suits my personality.

Most people want to make easy money, and it just doesn't exist now, unless you sell ⊗⊗⊗⊗ or crack.
The Following User Says Thank You to Geegee83 For This Useful Post:
Callidus (08-19-2014)
Old 08-19-2014
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geegee83 View Post
GWW I agree..

I don't wear any designer stuff, well apart from some skate brands but I don't care if it's real / ⊗⊗⊗⊗ etc, as long as it's relatively cheap! I get reduced last season stuff, or just shop at Asda (Walmart) for their T-shirts and clothing.

I do like cars! & have my eye on a few regular sports cars, but I'm sensible and don't spend what I can't afford.

I was bankrupt in 2006 and it was bad, it made me grow up and realise that I don't want all those "things", I want success.. since then I've got my First Class Degree by working my ass off, and I've built up a business that pays well, make my own products and has unlimited capacity to expand. I'm driven, and I work on orders 9-5 then sit on my laptop designing new products whilst I watch Family Guy in the living room with my partner.

It's not easy, but I like it, I'm driven and it suits my personality.

Most people want to make easy money, and it just doesn't exist now, unless you sell ⊗⊗⊗⊗ or crack.
I even tell my wife don't buy me anything with a LOGO or name brand on it. It's like you walk around saying "Hey I wear this for FREE FOR NIKE!" Like F U! (not you but the companies).

Yeah I always buy like 5 or 10 Tshirts of the same when it goes on sale. I mean look we are not growing no more like kids that we use to be. So when summer comes out and sweaters are like half off or 70% off that's when I go shop! You know not to sound like a jew or anything but everyone calls me that in real life. I like to go shopping AFTER CHRISTMAS when everything is like 99% OFF! Or go back with a invoice saying "hey it's on sale within 30 days, can I get my jewish money back pretty please?" lol

Yeah I get my stuff at walmart now. My friends laugh at me. But it's like "hey I can crush you with my wallet if I wanted to" And they all work dead end 9 to 5 jobs making $7.50 so I had to drop this friend cause I don't want losers around me anymore asking me for money while they don't do F all to make a buck. I offered my products to them to resell on ebay for my price they to lazy to do it. So f em all. I can go buy a Vette or Viper cash today if I like. I can go on vacation to Tahiti for 2 weeks with the wife if I wish. They can't even go to Mcds and get a big mac for $5.

Everyone in EU made fun of me for being so cheap but yet they spending money like P.diddy while they only make XX amount you know? They live for the moment so they can't have savings. I live for my better future so I can LIVE and not do that 9 to 5!

Buy a Corvette it's a cheaper car then a Ferrari and will smoke 90% of the Ferrari's but the 599GT, Enzo, LaFerrari, F50, and F40. And it's 5 times cheaper and heads will turn still when you drive around! That's why I'm buying one in 18 months or next year cash out! I got to get a business set up first.

Yes just like you. I only do this until the end of next year then I quit. But I still want to pump more products just to see cause if I make over $20k a month doing this. Then screw it I'll keep at it. My wife says I just sit there on the computer all day. I make more then her without a degree!

There is money to be made without selling phakes or crack!

I sell legit products. That earn me huge profits but the guys on the main results sell phake stuff to customers and get like 20 to 50 sells per day. But no one cares to do anything about it. I've emailed a few with a stealth account just for emails and they are so rude about it. A real person wouldn't be. It's why I don't care to go in the long run. Already pissed off when someone in China messaged me this month and asked specific questions about my product. I just told them off as nicely as I could and told them I don't ship to China.

Life is not about enjoying it. 2,000 years ago you would only work to make food, bread, and wash your pants or shirt whatever they had back in the day.

Today you got to work and get extra payments for a car to get to and from work. + pay for a degree + credit card + other BS = your a slave for life without even knowing it.

So if I save a buck per day. To me that's $365 x 10 years. To my friend's it's "dude it's just a buck you can't do anything with a buck" It's why my items cost a buck and earn me $20 at times. Just a buck eh?

10 years ago I got a set of 100 Cd's blanks and made money making CD's and resold it on ebay for $9.95 + S&H. I only paid $3 from best buy at the time for this with discounts, and rebates.

So if anyone laughs at you and says "It's just a buck" then drop them you don't need low life losers like that around you in life.

Anyone who says "I can make drugs and sell it for fast cash" drop them. I've tried to help out a member of my family and a friend and they both used this kind of a line. I said "but yeah how often do you look over your shoulder?" Unlike me. I wake up and I make money. Now tell me that's not a good sales men! IF that's not. I don't know what is. I spend 15 - 30 minutes per day on this ebay stuff, cause I don't package and ship. And the rest of the day I look out the window seeing people stuck in traffic with 9 to 5 jobs and broken out cars. Wondering to myself "what a life, I couldn't do that" I spend a total of 8 hours a month on this and earn more then someone working 160 hours :O It's why I pushed for more accounts and more products.

I'll sh*t up now. And I got a lot of time on my hands, as you can see.
The Following User Says Thank You to GhostWhoWalks For This Useful Post:
autolife (09-16-2014)
Old 08-19-2014

Longevity: 56%

i like that show a lot you can lean a thing or too ;]
Old 08-19-2014

Why give it up then? That doesn't make sense to me at all.. I love my work, it's my life and I'd be gutted to give it up.

A degree isn't just about a job either, a degree can enrich your life in many ways that most people don't understand.
Old 08-19-2014
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geegee83 View Post
Why give it up then? That doesn't make sense to me at all.. I love my work, it's my life and I'd be gutted to give it up.

A degree isn't just about a job either, a degree can enrich your life in many ways that most people don't understand.
Depends what kind of a degree. I been wanting to do this ebay stuff since 2002 and in 2003 I finally found suppliers. Took me a year.

Been doing it for 4 years and I am happy each time I still make a sell. I get happy like my first sell. I love waking up, checking my accounts and see like 3 orders or 9 orders or 1 order. I just get happy about it. I sleep like 4 to 6 hours. But during the day I get happy when I get orders.
Old 08-19-2014

Don't give it up then...

Degree; Quantity Surveying.
Old 08-19-2014
Banned

Oh I never give up on anything in life. That's for sure.
Old 08-20-2014
Executive [VIP]

While we are on topic, check out "counterfeit culture" on amazon prime here:

WARNING AMAZON LINK!!!!

http://www.amazon.com/Counterfeit-Cu...erfeit+culture

It's made by Canadians, so I think gww and rsot will recognize some of the spots here. Same old message, counterfeiting is evil, it kills, unsafe etc etc etc.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to glacier922 For This Useful Post:
Geegee83 (08-20-2014), GhostWhoWalks (08-20-2014), GreenBean (08-20-2014), rsot (08-20-2014)
Old 08-25-2014

Longevity: 78%

I find it ironic the f@ke drugs are legal, and the real drugs are getting seized lmao
Old 08-25-2014
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicnspan View Post
I find it ironic the f@ke drugs are legal, and the real drugs are getting seized lmao
The large companies don't want healthy people they want sick people to make tons of money selling phake drugs to them.

Each cancer victim is worth $500,000 to medical companies. Oh I mean profits! When all you got to do is eat healthy food and not that processed junk with chemicals.
Old 08-25-2014

Longevity: 78%

Yup, FDA Approves, Sam gets his cut of the profits
Old 08-25-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Look at this latest Embola treatment for the workers in the USA.

Drug supplies existed to help the afflicted. Bit not enough for the locals of the different countries suffering from the virus.

Old 08-25-2014
Banned

Quote:
Yup, FDA Approves, Sam gets his cut of the profits
Look up "big pharma"

The same people who own these companies have a seat in the FDA! I wish I was that rich! Billions!