Would aspkin be a successful ebay competition and would you invest in it? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

View Poll Results: Would aspkin be a successful ebay competition and would you invest in it?
YES it would be and I would invest in it 14 50.00%
YES it would be but I wont invest in it 4 14.29%
NO it wont be but I would invest in it 2 7.14%
NO it wont be and I wont invest in it 8 28.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-20-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Default Would aspkin be a successful ebay competition and would you invest in it?

This was suppose to be a response to the following thread but I decided to start a new thread so that I dont hijack an existing thread
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...itor-ebay.html

eBay is playing the monopoly game here.

While I am not faulting them for squeezing the sellers too hard, I believe every successful venture will be faced with its own challenges and sure ebay are trying to protect their platform and build as much trust as possible, but I think they've taken things too far and way too far to the detriment of their sellers and no one is listening. You can imagine tens of thousands of innocent sellers that aspkin had given the opportunity to get back on the ladder and millions more that are licking their wounds because they haven't discover aspkin or alternative means of getting back on ebay.

If there was a solid competition ebay would not be kicking sellers out un-necessarily or applying silly and unwarranted defect to sellers account.

If ebay has a good competition, its customer service would not suck

If ebay has a good competition, it would not mandate you to have a paypal

If ebay has a good competition it would respect its sellers

If ebay has a good competition it would do a lot of things just right

I dont believe anything cant be done and the fact that larger corporations tried and fail doesn't mean someone else cannot do it. It doesn't mean a kid down the block in his momma's bedroom can't give ebay an overnight run for its money!

Larger corporation are notorious for failure where an ordinary guy would thrive. Think of news corp on myspace, think of aol with bebo. Think of google with google+, think of facebook with poke. Think of amazon and its failed Amazon fire mobile phone. Think of many more

Because the corporations have tons of money does not mean they would be successful at everything they do.

The reason we use facebook is not the reason we use badoo, the reason we use amazon is not the reason we use ebay. Every success in life comes with a bit of luck and the fact that you are first time lucky does not mean you would be lucky by bolting on another idea to your successful venture.

You dont need a million dollar to start a successful ebay competition. Money will chase you when you have a serious traction and its easy this days to raise finance.

Its not about jealousy but I strongly think that ebay need a competition, a solid competition will make ebay a better place and will also make the competitor a successful marketplace.

Its not about pulling your stock off ebay, that is not a good business sense. Its about having an alternative marketplace that will operate just like ebay and capitalise on all the failures of ebay to provide a better service and experiences. Not discounting that it would be faced with its own challenges.

A market is a place where sellers and buyers meet to transact and the secret to a successful marketplace is the crowd of seller and buyers. So, who else is in a better place in the length and breath of the internet than a positive thinking disgrunted ebayer who started this forum. Whose idea made me and you get back on ebay to start selling again. Whose idea has made a lot of you millions by been able to sell again on ebay.

The reason 99.9% of us are on this forum is because we use ebay.
Aspkin has the crowd of sellers, I believe, 5000 sellers would sign up within 24 hours if Aspkin should launch a marketplace tomorrow. I am thinking of a marketplace built on the alliance of ebayers and led by a selected few.

Without refrencing any stats I believe that collectively the daily active members of this forum dispatch in excess of 5000 goods on ebay which means that we can all send out awareness to 5000 people daily at the cost of zero dollar.

Without refrencing any stats I believe that collectively the daily active members on this forum would have in excess of 5,000,000 ebay buyers contacts.

If we pledge an alliance to this marketplace and inform our collective 5,000,000 buyers that we now list on an alternative marketplace and they could have saved Y% more if they bought this item from that marketplace. I am sure everyone who receive that message everytime they shop on ebay would be checking out the alternative marketplace.

This crowd factor of ebay sellers is what separate aspkin from the big corporation. Its called the peoples effect.

Trust me, it would gain traction by viral marketing. It would be successful without spending any tons on marketing.

No one ever thought rightmove.co.uk, the biggest realestate site in UK could have a serious competition until an alliance of the real estate agents it was messing up with launch an alternative site called onthemarket.com

This is the reason I believe that aspkin would be an overnight success should it decide to compete with ebay tomorrow.

IMO Aspkin has the best shot of creating the most successful ebay competition but would it takes it on? If it choose to do so and granted, I would invest £2000 but if it didn't take up the chance of today, someone else would take it up tomorrow.

Peace and thank you all for helping me get back on ebay

Yours trully, your brother from another mother. The son of my mother

Last edited by taerese; 03-20-2015 at 01:05 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to taerese For This Useful Post:
jakobrockz (03-20-2015), VIP02 (03-22-2015)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-20-2015

Longevity: 53%
Default Re: Would aspkin be a successful ebay competition and would you invest in it?

The dude has more sense than trying to compete with ebay. Nicely written piece but just "blowing in the wind"
Old 03-21-2015

Default Re: Would aspkin be a successful ebay competition and would you invest in it?

As you can see from the replies (or lack thereof there is not as many people who come here as one would think) having said that I am soooooo upset with EBAY I would invest and also post 50% of my items on it.
Old 03-21-2015

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 55%

Sure I'd try it out. But, it'd take a VERY long time putting organic ideas to construct a SECURE marketplace to compete with eBay
Old 03-21-2015

Longevity: 52%
Send a message via Skype™ to skyline

They already have solid competition w/ Amazon so this post doesn't really make sense. They are actually less strict than Amazon when it comes to banning sellers.
Old 03-21-2015

Would be nice to try it out.
Old 03-21-2015

There's no harm trying though, you never know I might even invest in this company that competes with eBay and become billionaire!
Old 03-22-2015

why not? I'd give it a try, i think its a great idea. I'd definitely invest
Old 03-22-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,920 Times in 8,212 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Got to love the survey
Old 03-22-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline View Post
They already have solid competition w/ Amazon so this post doesn't really make sense. They are actually less strict than Amazon when it comes to banning sellers.
Like seriously? Comparing eBay with Amazon is synonymous to comparing Facebook with Linkedin
The Following User Says Thank You to taerese For This Useful Post:
Callidus (03-22-2015)
Old 03-27-2015

Send a message via Skype™ to skyline

Quote:
Originally Posted by taerese View Post
Like seriously? Comparing eBay with Amazon is synonymous to comparing Facebook with Linkedin
And what's wrong with that..?
Old 03-28-2015
Executive [VIP]

Aspkin would be visiting by the Net goons...
Old 04-01-2015

It would be tough to compete with a company with huge capital reserves such as eBay, so I don't think I would be able to invest. But I would definitely welcome the idea.
Old 04-01-2015
Banned

Every1 has to start somewhere. Aspkin, I would invest in your stock company if you make a marketplace to compete with eBay. You have to market it well to people will know about it. Let's make some millions or billions!
Old 04-01-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by empirestate View Post
Every1 has to start somewhere. Aspkin, I would invest in your stock company if you make a marketplace to compete with eBay. You have to market it well to people will know about it. Let's make some millions or billions!
Brown-nosing the bigboss will get you...everywhere