Part-Time Work Or This Is What You Do For A Living? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Old 07-15-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
Red face Part-Time Work Or This Is What You Do For A Living?

Hi everyone.Need to get more motivation from you guys, sorry if this thead was already on, just need to ask

Do you sell on ebay or amazon or any other website/store as part time? after work? as a hobby?

Or you do that everyday and do this for a living as a veteran (hehe)? what is your daily routine?

Would love to hear that.

About myself:
Get up every morning, go to work * i work on eBay Stealth account for other person, and get paid for that* , go home and work at home aswell on ebay and sell stuff that i own so i can call this part time work or even a hobby for now.

Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Part-Time Work Or This Is What You Do For A Living?

Part-time/hobby for me - keeps my skills alive and some inventory to slowly move
Old 07-15-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Part-time/hobby for me - keeps my skills alive and some inventory to slowly move
Hello Rsot

Let's say you do this as a hobby, dont you ever get boored? i dont know maybe you are making loads of money on your full time job, and ebay is only a snacks for you.
I always try to find an excuse just to leave my full time work and jump on eBay Stealth by myself, because if i would work on my own i had so much more time to do stuff that i like and want, but never had balls to do it because of PP limitations and eBay Mc999 stuff ( yes now i sell risky stuff)
Old 07-15-2015

Longevity: 55%

If the eBay seller you are working is successful enough to employ you that should be giving you quite a lot of insight into what it takes to make more money using online sites EG6. As far as holding back from going for it big time goes because you are worried about being stopped in your tracks by suspensions etc., open new accounts so that if 1 or 2 fall by the wayside along the way, the others that are continuing can just pick up the slack.

Eventually you would get to the point where you had enough income to not need to worry about losing the odd account, and more importantly of course you would never have left to much money in any of the PayPal accounts so wouldn't have much money at risk.

Get busy enough, have your days organised enough so that you have enough time in the days to do what you want, like exploring ways to not get that bored.
The Following User Says Thank You to RosieTosie For This Useful Post:
EG6 (07-15-2015)
Old 07-15-2015
Threadstarter  

Thank you for the answers, would love to hear more stories from you guys.

Up to the top
Old 07-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%

I started as a hobby, because the stuff that I sell is my hobby
used dildos, no questions asked

After my suspension I found this forum and now, 6 months later, I have 6 accounts selling and its a full time job.
Am I afraid that I might get suspended and lose sales? For sure, arent we all? Its possible to minimize the risk, like in any other business, and if you want to take it seriously its possible.
To make me sleep better during night, this is what I do with my profit:
50% I invest back into new stock
25% I set aside in case I should have problems, just enough to cover next 12 month.
15% I put into my savings program.
10% I live off.

I, personally, don't see why anybody would want to WORK for somebody else 40 hours a week for MONEY, in 2015.
I get it if its your passion to be a doctor, or an artist, or a policeman. But if you do what you do for money only, like I used to, then I'm sure there are better ways out there in a year 2015, than punching the clock every morning.
The Following User Says Thank You to Haidukken For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (07-15-2015)
Old 07-15-2015
Threadstarter  

to @Haidukken thank you for your answer.

Ok lets say you have 6 stealth accounts, you do this for a living, but what is your as a legal citizen position? Do you have a company registered on legal account? or you unemployed? maybe you get social payments? just interested what IRS ( or whatever they called) thinks about people who live good but doesnt have income on the papers. Sorry if this question is too personal, you dont have to answer it
Old 07-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

what makes you think that ebay sellers don't show an income or pay taxes? You do realize most all of us have to withdraw to a bank account?
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
Iwuvcurrency (07-17-2015)
Old 07-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by EG6 View Post
to @Haidukken thank you for your answer.

Ok lets say you have 6 stealth accounts, you do this for a living, but what is your as a legal citizen position? Do you have a company registered on legal account? or you unemployed? maybe you get social payments? just interested what IRS ( or whatever they called) thinks about people who live good but doesnt have income on the papers. Sorry if this question is too personal, you dont have to answer it
Oh, I pay my taxes.Thats basic.

I'm a soletrader and I have an accountant. If my income keeps up with current trend, I will probably form a company and turn myself into a business, but keep my accounts still personal.
I still pay my taxes, report all my takings and keep it legit- I can't stress this enough. Everybody needs to keep it 100% tight on the legal side and pay their taxes.

Just because my accounts are stealth, doesn't mean I'm stealth.
I'm still Billy Nomates and I show ALL my earnings and pay taxes on them, thats the only way to do it.
Old 07-15-2015
Threadstarter  

Well as i understand you pay taxes to ebay, but stealth account is different name on everything - bank account, ebay, paypal.
How you can pay taxes to government of your country if your so called ''everything'' is on different name?

sorry if i understand it differently , new here.
Old 07-15-2015

Quote:
Well as i understand you pay taxes to ebay, but stealth account is different name on everything - bank account, ebay, paypal.
How you can pay taxes to government of your country if your so called ''everything'' is on different name?

sorry if i understand it differently , new here.
That is the whole point of stealth EG6, bank accounts are in everyone's real names, EBay/PayPal cannot see that info, the actual names on bank accounts, as long as they never need to contact banks to take their fee's they will never see bank accounts name.

In this way everyone stay's legit where it really matters, in our dealings with the banks. So taxes can be paid because everything on the actual money side is in real names, a simplified explanation of course but then it is a simple situation, how this part of stealth works.
Old 07-15-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieTosie View Post
That is the whole point of stealth EG6, bank accounts are in everyone's real names, EBay/PayPal cannot see that info, the actual names on bank accounts, as long as they never need to contact banks to take their fee's they will never see bank accounts name.

In this way everyone stay's legit where it really matters, in our dealings with the banks. So taxes can be paid because everything on the actual money side is in real names, a simplified explanation of course but then it is a simple situation, how this part of stealth works.
Ok more stupid question from me, i can add SAME bank account to lets say 5 stealth accounts, and receive from all 5 of them money to single Bank Account on my name?
Old 07-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

I think you should read the ebay stealth guide and after reading it a few times ask any specific questions you may have.
Old 07-15-2015

Quote:
Ok more stupid question from me, i can add SAME bank account to lets say 5 stealth accounts, and receive from all 5 of them money to single Bank Account on my name?
No, that would link all your accounts EG6, and anyway you would not be able to add the same bank account to 5 accounts, you would need separate bank accounts for each eBay/PayPal.
Old 07-15-2015
Threadstarter  

Ok thank you for all the answer,
i will read eBay Stealth few more times guess i still need it.
Old 07-15-2015

Longevity: 51%

Part Time, something I do for a an hour or two after work. Haven't really been pushing product, but I clear an average of $100 a day for a hours worth of work selling online.

Recently started a new business that has been quite successful, so I've been dedicating more time to that than anything else.

And yeah, keep it legit. As the quote goes, nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes. The government will get there money, one way or anotha.
Old 07-15-2015

Longevity: 50%

Basically i am Engineer and i have a full time job. I am selljng on Amazon and i am using Dropshiping as i am from Asia country. I sell products forward the orders on daily base to supplier .

Currently i am selling cusromized cellphone cases. Huge listings policy violated and counterfiet items , set my margins and sell. Thats why i need Amazon account frequently , obviously Amazon suspend and that is how i find this forum. I am selling counterfoet items because they sell really fast and also with good margin and i know only dropshipper of this. I do not jave other options yet.
Old 07-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

For some people selling online is a full time job. For others, it is like having a side job for some extra money. Is is certainly POSSIBLE to make full-time money selling on eBay, Amazon or your own website.

I started part time and went to full time, as I suspect a lot of people do.

Online selling is not for everyone, so I wouldn't advise anyone to quit their day job to sell online. Start selling a few things part-time and if you like it and can handle it, then go for full time.

I used to think of myself as a bookseller. Now, I think of my business as an online sales company. I don't care WHAT I sell, as long as it is legal and the profit margins are good. It can be books, medical supplies, cat toys, or shirt buttons for all I care.

Never fall in love with your merchandise. I did, and it blocked me into this way of thinking in terms of a specific category. Then, one day, I thought - why am I limiting myself? There are MILLIONS of items I could potentially sell. So, I started doing research - lots of research! Now, while I still sell books, I also sell items in MANY categories.

Every time I come a across a new product in my life, I research it to see if I could sell it. There ARE some things I stay away from, such as electronics and other expensive items, but I am pretty much open to anything.

The biggest challenge is having kids and cats around all day. That and motivation. Because there are some days I would rather just kick back and watch a movie. But I am responsible for supporting 9 people, 3 cats and 2 dogs, so I cannot AFFORD to drop the ball! You have to find your motivation and tell everyone that when you are working, you ARE WORKING! Unless the house is burning down, or someone is hurt or in trouble, don't interrupt me. It works.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
EG6 (07-17-2015), RosieTosie (07-15-2015)
Old 07-15-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
For some people selling online is a full time job. For others, it is like having a side job for some extra money. Is is certainly POSSIBLE to make full-time money selling on eBay, Amazon or your own website.

I started part time and went to full time, as I suspect a lot of people do.

Online selling is not for everyone, so I wouldn't advise anyone to quit their day job to sell online. Start selling a few things part-time and if you like it and can handle it, then go for full time.

I used to think of myself as a bookseller. Now, I think of my business as an online sales company. I don't care WHAT I sell, as long as it is legal and the profit margins are good. It can be books, medical supplies, cat toys, or shirt buttons for all I care.

Never fall in love with your merchandise. I did, and it blocked me into this way of thinking in terms of a specific category. Then, one day, I thought - why am I limiting myself? There are MILLIONS of items I could potentially sell. So, I started doing research - lots of research! Now, while I still sell books, I also sell items in MANY categories.

Every time I come a across a new product in my life, I research it to see if I could sell it. There ARE some things I stay away from, such as electronics and other expensive items, but I am pretty much open to anything.

The biggest challenge is having kids and cats around all day. That and motivation. Because there are some days I would rather just kick back and watch a movie. But I am responsible for supporting 9 people, 3 cats and 2 dogs, so I cannot AFFORD to drop the ball! You have to find your motivation and tell everyone that when you are working, you ARE WORKING! Unless the house is burning down, or someone is hurt or in trouble, don't interrupt me. It works.

There it is Jeff, all in your last paragraph there, you have summed up everyone's day to day reasons for getting up in the morning to do anything whether it's eBay full time or a 50/50 split with other jobs and families and all the rest of it.
Old 07-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%

Its a hobby for me.
I just do not have the patience anymore to worry about limited/suspended accounts anymore. I am branching out to other things and usually do stealthing around 3 times per week now.
Old 07-15-2015

Longevity: 82%

Full time for me. Many free time but too much paper work. I rely on it therefore I study ebay's policy and work around it. It makes life easier. Once your business automated and you have a few employees it's gets easier and lite on you. The bad thing is that your routine and sometimes income changes when eBay or PayPal update their systems or policy I.e cassini, 180 days dispute window, and odr.

Thinking of working for someone else is like going to hell for me. I rather work 12 hours selling online than 8 hours working for someone else.
The Following User Says Thank You to revenge For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (07-16-2015)
Old 07-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

I'm a Semi-Full Time Seller....