Losing weight is one of the best things and/or feelings. - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Old 08-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Default Re: Losing weight is one of the best things and/or feelings.

Forget all this fancy stuff and forget about how much you weigh. Just start trying to eat healthier. Have a salad with your burger instead of french fries. Have a bagel for breakfast instead of an omelet with bacon and cheese. That kind of thing. Small changes add up to big results.

And for exercise, you can start today. Just walk. Start slow, walk a couple of blocks. Increase it as you can. The fact is, you don't need to go buy special shoes, or gym equipment or a treadmill or anything. Start with the basics. As you get into it, maybe THEN it is time to buy the treadmill or whatever. But what happens is, most people decide they need something to start exercising, whatever that something may be. Then, they either use the excuse they they cannot afford it right now, or they buy the thing, use it twice and it sits there for the next 20 years.

My father had a rowing machine. We moved it THREE TIMES. Each time, I wanted to throw it out, but he swore up and down that he was going to start using it SOON. I dumped it when he died. The thing was NEVER used except when he first got it. I bet the total time it was used was less than 1 hour. The only exercise that resulted from the rowing machine was the effort it took to lug the damn thing from one house to the other.

If you decide that it is going to take hundreds of dollars to get healthy and you choose a crash diet, you are just setting yourself up for failure.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-15-2015
Banned
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 73%

i think the cat in your avatar could stand t o lose a few pounds. is it your irl cat?
Old 08-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaBeh8ater View Post
i think the cat in your avatar could stand t o lose a few pounds. is it your irl cat?
While my cat looks somewhat like the cat in the picture, that is not my real cat.

This is:

Old 08-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 89%

Most cats if you leave them to the woods they somehow survive.
Your kitty is pretty but I don't think she'd make it as a stray cat.
No offense please
Old 08-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

I have 3 cats. One is slim, one is normal and one is supposed to weigh 11 lbs, but he weighs 12-1/2 lbs. So, he IS overweight, but not like the cats in the pictures. His name is King Little Guy the First. The others are Queen Sophie and Princess Cheena. And they ARE treated like royalty. They have a fountain that chills the water for them. A self-cleaning litterbox. A sunroom. And meat is cut up for them at every meal.

Actually, that last picture was of ME...

Last edited by jeffweico; 08-15-2015 at 06:40 PM.
Old 08-15-2015

Longevity: 54%

I'm down about 75 pounds. Still have a ways to go but I'm getting there. I've given up all cardio in favor of strength training and yoga. I hate cardio with a passion and that caused me more pain and discomfort than any strength training. I don't go to a gym. Just have some adjustable dumbbells and plan on buying a bench and an easy curl bar (I think that's what it's called) soon.

As far as diet goes I don't eat bread, sugar, most fruit (only berries and sometimes an apple or pineapple) and I avoid the snack aisle. People say you can eat whole grains but I have had limited success with it and the weight loss was slow until I dropped that from my diet. I also don't eat a variety of food. Usually the same thing for a week or 2 and then I may change it up. That way I just don't look forward to eating and it just becomes something I have to do and not something I want to do.

I also have a 16 pound cat:

Old 08-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

Your cat is BEAUTIFUL. Looks a little like my Cheena. She does not look overweight at all! Maybe she is just a bit larger than your average cat and the weight is distributed. Whatever the case she (or he) is adorable!

I love cats. And my cats are DEFINITELY one percenters of the cat world (which is a pretty unfortunate fact) they have no shortage of love, food, playtime and they can have all the catnip they want.

Be nice to your cat, always. It boggles the mind that we have SETI and spend billions of dollars searching the galaxies for other forms of life and yet we do not even respect the life that is already right here in front of us...
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
joeys (08-17-2015)
Old 08-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

The cat does look gorgeous and princess-like
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
joeys (08-17-2015)
Old 08-16-2015

Longevity: 55%

Losing weight just gets tougher as you get older!, Jeff is spot on with the walking, I would add get a dog as well, my Labrador and me put weight on and lose it together!, we increase walking the weight us under control and starts to come off, then the weather turns crap again so the walking gets limited and we both start to put weight on again.

Bought a hula hoop of all things, great fun and almost as good as a good long walking session for getting the pounds off, found a local hula hoop class few years ago, that meant I had to use it being faced with a class full of other keen hoopers. Just comes down to what people can get into that burns calories. That is a super looking cat joey's as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to RosieTosie For This Useful Post:
joeys (08-17-2015)
Old 08-17-2015

Longevity: 54%

He prefers to be addressed as Prince Bucky . He's young in that photo (probably about 6 or 7 and he's 15 now). He was getting dangerously close to being diabetic but that was fixed without needing medication. He was around 19 pounds at his highest but now he's about 14-15. He's a long cat too. At least 3 ft (maybe 3.5) when he stretches out.
Old 08-18-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Glad you got the diabetes in control joeys