The coming influx of inflation - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > Stock Market Traders > General Money Chat

General Money Chat Discuss other ways to make money online.

Old 05-18-2021

Activity: 3%
Longevity: 52%
Default The coming influx of inflation

Has anyone noticed the squeeze happening with prices? Shipping is the first indicator in the economics of impending bubbles and inflationary pressures. Flat rate priority has ticked up quite a bit, but non-flat rate priority has gotten ridiculous.

I've also noticed the marketplace is commanding a massive bump in pricing since winter with a few items I have. I'm talking from the 50s to 70s to slow down mass buying as supply dries up in my inventory. Have you guys had to adjust inventory in the last three months?

The last point. I was reading data from the St. Louis Fed on inflation data. March saw a leap at over 1.5 percent roughly. I am willing to bet that April and May will continue the pattern if not double. What are some of your opinions on general inflation in the market?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-18-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 32%
Send a message via Skype™ to newstart123
Default Re: The coming influx of inflation

very deep crisis is comming. There is too much money in the market, real estate prices for example in Canada growed more than 19 percent. I really looking forward with anxiety for what will happen. Will we have Great depression after almost 100 years ? i think we will see soon
Old 05-18-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by newstart123 View Post
very deep crisis is comming. There is too much money in the market, real estate prices for example in Canada growed more than 19 percent. I really looking forward with anxiety for what will happen. Will we have Great depression after almost 100 years ? i think we will see soon
I don't think we will experience 2008 levels. But I do see the real estate market popping a nice 15-20 percent. Most of the mortgages are a little more regulated than before. The real problem is the pressure on the dollar. I am saying by Biden's 3rd year the pieces will create a slight recession. The million-dollar answer isn't the small recessions, it's the money policy 10 years out to manage the mass printing. Eventually, prices will have to decouple.
Old 05-18-2021

Longevity: 32%
Send a message via Skype™ to newstart123

i think that this will be much stronger than on 2008. In my country now almost everybody have loans, real estate is being sold right after it is listed. That what is happening is crazy
Old 05-18-2021
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

Yeah, it's getting crazy. As more people stop wearing masks and start going outside spending money, the influx of cash will put too much pressure on commodities and increase prices. Start buying your toilet paper boys!
Old 05-18-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

I don't even understand what the implications are of the Fed raising our money supply by 400% in the course of a couple weeks.

I can't imagine it means anything good, though. It makes me really curious how the next decade will play out. Is this some kind of intentional effort to weaken the dollar so the powers that be can start rolling out some kind of state sponsored digital currency?

I've had to raise prices across the board but I attributed that more to the rollout of managed payments and promoted listings. You've almost got to pay eBay a hefty cut through promotion costs if you want to get any sales these days.
Old 05-18-2021

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettefever17 View Post
I don't think we will experience 2008 levels. But I do see the real estate market popping a nice 15-20 percent. Most of the mortgages are a little more regulated than before. The real problem is the pressure on the dollar. I am saying by Biden's 3rd year the pieces will create a slight recession. The million-dollar answer isn't the small recessions, it's the money policy 10 years out to manage the mass printing. Eventually, prices will have to decouple.
lol " a little more regulated than before". Man. What an understatement. I was in the mortgage industry at that time. 120% loans, for homes worth 3 times what they were just a few years prior, to people with no proof of income, and ****ty credit. Oh yeah, and balloon mortgages. It was harder to not get a loan, than it was to get a loan. And then interest rates went up on the same people that got 120% loans, who put all the money into vacations and trucks, while their home equity slowly dropped, with no extra income coming in, or any money saved. It was insane.

Anyone surprised by why that last bubble happened, is ignorant. As you said, as bad as it is, it will be nowhere near 2008 levels.
Old 05-18-2021
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 11%
Longevity: 33%

Yup we're probably in the early stages of hyperinflation

According to the fed its transitory - and won't last long

Just like in 2008 when the fed was saying the subprime loans were solid

Time to head over to your nearest gas station and start filling up some trash bags
Old 05-20-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
lol " a little more regulated than before". Man. What an understatement. I was in the mortgage industry at that time. 120% loans, for homes worth 3 times what they were just a few years prior, to people with no proof of income, and ****ty credit. Oh yeah, and balloon mortgages. It was harder to not get a loan, than it was to get a loan. And then interest rates went up on the same people that got 120% loans, who put all the money into vacations and trucks, while their home equity slowly dropped, with no extra income coming in, or any money saved. It was insane.

Anyone surprised by why that last bubble happened, is ignorant. As you said, as bad as it is, it will be nowhere near 2008 levels.
You are correct, sir. That was fairy land with stable dollars. This is now just dollars losing a portion of the value.
Old 05-20-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
I don't even understand what the implications are of the Fed raising our money supply by 400% in the course of a couple weeks.

I can't imagine it means anything good, though. It makes me really curious how the next decade will play out. Is this some kind of intentional effort to weaken the dollar so the powers that be can start rolling out some kind of state sponsored digital currency?

I've had to raise prices across the board but I attributed that more to the rollout of managed payments and promoted listings. You've almost got to pay eBay a hefty cut through promotion costs if you want to get any sales these days.
That chart is very suggestive. BUT! The FED is already listening to the chatter of inflation and could knee-jerk react to raising rates. Real Estate and lumber commodities have already experienced peaks over this early data and the effect of inflationary pressures. A lot of stimuli was spent on mundane things, but it direct is going to the wage rise in regular business and rehiring of people. The "inflation" is limited by the size of the stimulus. Hence, the measly amount that was given per citizen will dry up rather quickly.

Will we see inflation? Absolutely.

Will we see hyper levels? No, nowhere close. Expect a few months of data catching up and hopefully, The Fed does the right thing and raises the rates to cool the market.

As you mentioned, Phazor. Ebay marketplace is killing sellers with their "suggested ad rate". I feel it is manipulated. It can go from 7 percent to 3 percent. CASSINI is linked to the values, I do believe. They are putting sellers against one another to probably create averages to benefit consumers. Just a thought.
The Following User Says Thank You to vettefever17 For This Useful Post:
james13v (05-20-2021)
Old 05-20-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettefever17 View Post
That chart is very suggestive. BUT! The FED is already listening to the chatter of inflation and could knee-jerk react to raising rates. Real Estate and lumber commodities have already experienced peaks over this early data and the effect of inflationary pressures. A lot of stimuli was spent on mundane things, but it direct is going to the wage rise in regular business and rehiring of people. The "inflation" is limited by the size of the stimulus. Hence, the measly amount that was given per citizen will dry up rather quickly.

Will we see inflation? Absolutely.

Will we see hyper levels? No, nowhere close. Expect a few months of data catching up and hopefully, The Fed does the right thing and raises the rates to cool the market.

As you mentioned, Phazor. Ebay marketplace is killing sellers with their "suggested ad rate". I feel it is manipulated. It can go from 7 percent to 3 percent. CASSINI is linked to the values, I do believe. They are putting sellers against one another to probably create averages to benefit consumers. Just a thought.
lol ugh, that stupid suggest ad rate. What was it called before? I know they changed it recently, to make it sound better or something. I'm competing in search results with Chinese sellers, even tho they don't sell the same exact products i do. I sell brand name, they sell ⊗⊗⊗⊗ or aftermarket. But ebay doesn't care. They are still my peers. and they have such high margins, that my suggested rate is 20%.

And can we still laugh at ebay's 100% ad rate? Who will choose that? 100%? so you sell something for $100. You pay ebay their $12 FVF. Then shipping costs, because we have "free" shipping. And then after all that, you pay ebay $100 for that item you sold for $100? No one else insulted by ebay's nerve to even have 100% as an option? Yeah, people will say " well some people need quick sales and it's worth it. Well, sure. maybe. But 100%? Unless your competition has it set at 99%, you don't need 100% to be above. Ok, rant over. Sorry.
Old 05-20-2021

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 91%

commodity prices always fluctuate,but wages,no one wants a pay cut,so $15 will stay.
Wells Fargo now pay $25,newly minted truck driver starting salary $60K,retail jobs $15-$18.
Surprise I am still finding bargains at Kroger but not the other stores?
Old 05-21-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
commodity prices always fluctuate,but wages,no one wants a pay cut,so $15 will stay.
Wells Fargo now pay $25,newly minted truck driver starting salary $60K,retail jobs $15-$18.
Surprise I am still finding bargains at Kroger but not the other stores?
No one wants a pay cut, until this moronic government shuts off their supply of free money, and owners of companies start to see that there are way more workers available than jobs. Right now, there are millions of jobs available but no one to fill them. So it's super easy to justify paying more money to get people in.

Going to be a very cold bucket of water poured on these people refusing to work, because the government is paying them more. I don't necessarily blame them. People are very short sighted. But I'd bet employers in the future will look at your work history, and see you chose not to work for half a year. Who would want to hire a person like that if they have a choice? Someone that clearly doesn't actually want to work.
The Following User Says Thank You to james13v For This Useful Post:
aspkin (05-26-2021)
Old 05-21-2021

retail openings are low wage jobs and high risk as you come into contact with retail customers,also some have switched to a different profession -like AMZN warehouse workers
Some cant work as their kids are home .
Old 05-21-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
retail openings are low wage jobs and high risk as you come into contact with retail customers,also some have switched to a different profession -like AMZN warehouse workers
Some cant work as their kids are home .
kids being at home is yet another way the government has ****ed people. Even when jobs come back, or they shut off unemployment, people still can't go back to work because the awful school unions don't want to work.
Old 05-25-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
awful school unions
I wouldn't jump on calling them awful tbh - yes it can be sucky for the parents but without them, the system would kill off teachers
Old 05-25-2021

Longevity: 31%

I'm in central California. We are known for oil and Ariculture here. We produce a lot of the food for the country. More trucks than cars here. We are in another drought. We have a shortage of truck drivers, employees, even pallets required to transport produce. If we cant grow the whole worlds going to feel the pain.

Prices are up on just about everything. Premium gas is $4.50 a gallon here and the government is doing everything it can to halt drilling and refining. Frustrating to stare at the refinery when your across the street pumping $4+ gas.

When the bleeding hearts finally realize they cant help everyone out anymore its going to be one hell of a storm. Some people haven't paid mortgages, rent, car payments, PG&E and other stuff for over a year. You can actually receive unemployment here if you say your scared of the virus. When repo's, evictions, and foreclosures finally start happening it will get real for people.

Its like nobody remembers the past. Stock market crash, housing crisis, fuel $5+. It will be worse now with this out of control inflation. I'm in the market for a new big diesel truck. Not because I need it but I don't want a $65,000 truck to be $85,000 a year or 2 from now.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kinsey For This Useful Post:
aspkin (05-26-2021), rsot (06-06-2021)
Old 06-06-2021

Longevity: 70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinsey View Post
I'm in central California. We are known for oil and Ariculture here. We produce a lot of the food for the country. More trucks than cars here. We are in another drought. We have a shortage of truck drivers, employees, even pallets required to transport produce. If we cant grow the whole worlds going to feel the pain.

Prices are up on just about everything. Premium gas is $4.50 a gallon here and the government is doing everything it can to halt drilling and refining. Frustrating to stare at the refinery when your across the street pumping $4+ gas.

When the bleeding hearts finally realize they cant help everyone out anymore its going to be one hell of a storm. Some people haven't paid mortgages, rent, car payments, PG&E and other stuff for over a year. You can actually receive unemployment here if you say your scared of the virus. When repo's, evictions, and foreclosures finally start happening it will get real for people.

Its like nobody remembers the past. Stock market crash, housing crisis, fuel $5+. It will be worse now with this out of control inflation. I'm in the market for a new big diesel truck. Not because I need it but I don't want a $65,000 truck to be $85,000 a year or 2 from now.
hhaa. i purchased two cars the past year. If i had knew I would of got trucks and then resold them for an easy 10k lol. Im already looking to trade in my ford SUV thats 6 months old. Im getting 2k less then what I paid for it with 9k miles and it was brand new. trading it in for a 2021 hybrid. If it was a pickup it would be worth 5-10k more. You cant find them because of the chip shortage and you need trucks to haul. Some dealers are selling above MSRP, same with corvettes. Dealers are asking 10k above msrp for vets around here.
Old 06-06-2021

dealers are desperate to find used cars,wonder what happens to alll the cars unloaded by Hertz when they planned on filing for bankruptcy,most of their cars are just a few years old
Old 06-07-2021
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinsey View Post

There's no shortage of truck drivers, just a shortage of truck driver pay.
I became a truck driver over a 1 year ago and I'm enjoying the increase in driver pay but not enjoying the increase of everything else.

And there is no shortage of truck drivers, only a shortage of truck drivers who want to go into California. **** that state with their 55mph speed limit on trucks. I own my own truck and refuse to go into Commiefornia.
Old 06-08-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotano211 View Post
There's no shortage of truck drivers, just a shortage of truck driver pay.
I became a truck driver over a 1 year ago and I'm enjoying the increase in driver pay but not enjoying the increase of everything else.

And there is no shortage of truck drivers, only a shortage of truck drivers who want to go into California. **** that state with their 55mph speed limit on trucks. I own my own truck and refuse to go into Commiefornia.
55 mph is slow geez
Old 06-08-2021

traders are buying call options on oil going to $100 by end of next year!