Anyone selling on TikTok shop? - Page 8 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions

General Platform Discussions Discuss other platforms (marketplace accounts, payment gateways, ad accounts, social accounts and more). In other words, if it's about another platform and it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Old 3 Weeks Ago

Activity: 33%
Longevity: 58%
Default Re: Anyone selling on TikTok shop?

They just updated deferred payments to now 31 days lol, it's going to take me about 45 days to receive my money.

Thank you @SaiJin

One other thing, their policy for giving out refunds to customers is just as loose for sellers. There are lots of scammers on TikTok, at least my customers are. Recently I had someone ask to return their order, it was worth $1,200+....

I have sold online for over 10 years and have no idea how this happened, however they returned their package with tracking marked delivered but it actually wasn't. I talked with the manager at my UPS store, she wrote me a letter saying this, had it signed and everything....

TikTok refunded me $1,200+ off that letter, even with tracking showed delivered. Just like they refund customers even if tracking shows delivered. Their relaxed policy won't last forever, but for now it's unbelievably loose.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 3 Weeks Ago
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 62%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post
They just updated deferred payments to now 31 days lol, it's going to take me about 45 days to receive my money.

Thank you @SaiJin

One other thing, their policy for giving out refunds to customers is just as loose for sellers. There are lots of scammers on TikTok, at least my customers are. Recently I had someone ask to return their order, it was worth $1,200+....

I have sold online for over 10 years and have no idea how this happened, however they returned their package with tracking marked delivered but it actually wasn't. I talked with the manager at my UPS store, she wrote me a letter saying this, had it signed and everything....

TikTok refunded me $1,200+ off that letter, even with tracking showed delivered. Just like they refund customers even if tracking shows delivered. Their relaxed policy won't last forever, but for now it's unbelievably loose.

It's the same scam trick mercari sellers use.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
It's the same scam trick mercari sellers use.
Well, there are actual businesses out there now that operate to take advantage of return polices from these marketplaces. They are organized in a business structure, have ability to manipulate tracking details, all sorts of things.

One thing eBay does good at is protecting against this easy manipulative fraud from customers.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Activity: 89%
Longevity: 40%

This protection is one of the few good things that eBay has for us, even TikTok does not have this power to prevent us from being scammed as sellers.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,938 Times in 8,229 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yobar View Post
This protection is one of the few good things that eBay has for us, even TikTok does not have this power to prevent us from being scammed as sellers.
at least it seems like TikTok issues easier refunds to sellers who have been scammed...
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Super Moderator

Quote:
Well, there are actual businesses out there now that operate to take advantage of return polices from these marketplaces. They are organized in a business structure, have ability to manipulate tracking details, all sorts of things.

One thing eBay does good at is protecting against this easy manipulative fraud from customers.
Businesses as in a state registered business or just a ring of criminals?
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
No illegal criminals who have structure like a business by exploiting marketplaces who have lax policy on refunds.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Super Moderator

Quote:
No illegal criminals who have structure like a business by exploiting marketplaces who have lax policy on refunds.
Oh for christ sake. It's these kind of people and just ruins it for everyone.

Wishful thinking people would think long term and work instead of doing the above
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Thanked 1,113 Times in 1,049 Posts
Activity: 92%
Longevity: 33%

Quote:

Thank you @SaiJin

It takes Ebay years to keep improving its system,sounds like TikTok has to do the same,in the mean time,to minimise your loss,you should deal in smaller amount,$1200 sounds like a lot of money for a new site
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Executive [VIP]

tiktok isn't really that new though....for sure not as long as eb but 1200 isnt actually a lot of money compared to higher end items...
Old 6 Days Ago
Super Moderator

the US government is wanting to ban tiktok.

What do you guys think if it happens?
Old 5 Days Ago

Well my f*cking account is disabled.

As I said from the start, customers can open return requests even if tracking shows delivered, and TikTok will refund them. Turns out you get enough of those and they flag your account. I know I was targeted by some group because it happened to frequently, and the customers KNEW they would get refunded. I have $6000 pending, probably won't get it back.

I would recommend everyone selling on TikTok to use their TikTok labels, I would assume this prevents what happened to me.

I had customer spend $1000+ on an order, with signature confirmation after their 2nd appeal TikTok refunded half their order. Their marketplace practices will never allow them to scale. It's a ponzi. I showed them proof via tracking, receipt of purchase via shipstation, and THEIR OWN SIGNATURE FROM USPS, yet TikTok still refunded half there order on my behalf of course.
Old 5 Days Ago
Super Moderator

Quote:
Well my f*cking account is disabled.

As I said from the start, customers can open return requests even if tracking shows delivered, and TikTok will refund them. Turns out you get enough of those and they flag your account. I know I was targeted by some group because it happened to frequently, and the customers KNEW they would get refunded. I have $6000 pending, probably won't get it back.

I would recommend everyone selling on TikTok to use their TikTok labels, I would assume this prevents what happened to me.

I had customer spend $1000+ on an order, with signature confirmation after their 2nd appeal TikTok refunded half their order. Their marketplace practices will never allow them to scale. It's a ponzi. I showed them proof via tracking, receipt of purchase via shipstation, and THEIR OWN SIGNATURE FROM USPS, yet TikTok still refunded half there order on my behalf of course.

So we need to spread the sales there too....

you got backups?
Old 5 Days Ago

Quote:
So we need to spread the sales there too....

you got backups?
I just opened another Mercari account so that will replace what had with TikTok. I might open another account in a few months, but won't take it seriously. The fact I had to remain in deferred payments the entire time when I truly did nothing wrong is insane. They penalize you if customers open requests saying the package was not delivered, even IF you have tracking shows its delivered. TikTok allows blatant fraud. I mean literally blatant fraud. It took like 45 days to receive money from my sale, and whatever I had is gone now.

I think it will be deposited after 90 days, but I'm not holding my breath. Their customer support is extremely bad, and TikTok might be banned anyways. If you have an account it's worth selling on, personally I think it's best to view it as a side marketplace. It's no replacement for Amazon or eBay.

I maybe made about $8000+ gross sales, then they ban once I had $6000 pending and I've been in probation for two weeks due the customer who spent $1000+ opened a claim and they refunded half. That prevented withdrawals. It's a f*cking joke. I got 24 violation points after the customer appealed not once, but twice, then they refund half the order out of "goodwill" from my balance.

TikTok has massive amount of MAU's, and money yet have horrible structure. The system flagged me, I even had someone via chat explicitly say this word for word, said I have nothing to worry about, then my appeal goes denied.

I have one appeal left, but I already consider the account gone.

Last edited by solefoodbk; 5 Days Ago at 10:41 PM.
Old 5 Days Ago

Activity: 89%
Longevity: 40%

I sold once on TikTok but it wasn't my thing, they seem complicated to me and you can also lose a lot of money if there are open cases.
I personally do not recommend TikTok
Old 4 Days Ago
Super Moderator

Quote:
I just opened another Mercari account so that will replace what had with TikTok. I might open another account in a few months, but won't take it seriously. The fact I had to remain in deferred payments the entire time when I truly did nothing wrong is insane. They penalize you if customers open requests saying the package was not delivered, even IF you have tracking shows its delivered. TikTok allows blatant fraud. I mean literally blatant fraud. It took like 45 days to receive money from my sale, and whatever I had is gone now.

I think it will be deposited after 90 days, but I'm not holding my breath. Their customer support is extremely bad, and TikTok might be banned anyways. If you have an account it's worth selling on, personally I think it's best to view it as a side marketplace. It's no replacement for Amazon or eBay.

I maybe made about $8000+ gross sales, then they ban once I had $6000 pending and I've been in probation for two weeks due the customer who spent $1000+ opened a claim and they refunded half. That prevented withdrawals. It's a f*cking joke. I got 24 violation points after the customer appealed not once, but twice, then they refund half the order out of "goodwill" from my balance.

TikTok has massive amount of MAU's, and money yet have horrible structure. The system flagged me, I even had someone via chat explicitly say this word for word, said I have nothing to worry about, then my appeal goes denied.

I have one appeal left, but I already consider the account gone.
Even if USA bans tiktok I think it'd be years before it actually can happen to the platform. I'm sure they'll sue to prevent this from happening.
Old 4 Days Ago

I don't think I will open another account. I genuinely have never sold on more of a corrupt marketplace. I think this works for people selling low cost items, but if you want to sell anything $100+, it's very risky.

I'm not even going to ask for another appeal, it's just not worth the time. I have seen others banned for the same thing that happened to me on Reddit. It's a f*cking joke of a company. You can literally prove something is signed by the customer and yet they STILL refund them. Absurd.
Old 4 Days Ago
Super Moderator

Quote:
I don't think I will open another account. I genuinely have never sold on more of a corrupt marketplace. I think this works for people selling low cost items, but if you want to sell anything $100+, it's very risky.

I'm not even going to ask for another appeal, it's just not worth the time. I have seen others banned for the same thing that happened to me on Reddit. It's a f*cking joke of a company. You can literally prove something is signed by the customer and yet they STILL refund them. Absurd.

That's too bad. YOu seem to have become good at tiktok .

btw your customers are from USA mostly?
Old 3 Days Ago

Quote:
That's too bad. YOu seem to have become good at tiktok .

btw your customers are from USA mostly?
I see others have no issue. If I could have had somewhat normal payment releases (within 15 days), it could have been great. I think it's what I sell. The solution is probably to use TikTok labels. I was just getting traction with sales because people could see I already had 50+ sales and customers were leaving good reviews, many with pictures.

Idk, I will probably try again and use TikTok labels. The more I think about it, the more I think thats the way around this scam.
Old 3 Days Ago
Super Moderator

Quote:
I see others have no issue. If I could have had somewhat normal payment releases (within 15 days), it could have been great. I think it's what I sell. The solution is probably to use TikTok labels. I was just getting traction with sales because people could see I already had 50+ sales and customers were leaving good reviews, many with pictures.

Idk, I will probably try again and use TikTok labels. The more I think about it, the more I think thats the way around this scam.
Sounds like amazon FBM vs FBA where the tiktok label is like FBA with more protection.
Old 1 Day Ago

Quote:
Sounds like amazon FBM vs FBA where the tiktok label is like FBA with more protection.
Just based off experience from selling on all these marketplaces, I think people know TikTok refunds if you simply claim "item not received". And for me, I cater to a group of customers that will most assuredly abuse that option if given the chance. If you're selling some cool gadget for $10 most people would never bother with this. However if you sold something for $300+ and could resell, or just want it for free this plays a factor.

All other marketplaces do not penalize you if a customer opens a request claiming it was not received if tracking clearly shows delivered. At the same time, these marketplaces generally speaking do not just openly refund unless it's Poshmark. TikTok incentives this based on their loose policy.

My first sale actually resulted in this. I used TikTok labels and the procedure was different. I received an email saying the compensation was refunded in error and I would not be held accountable. It took 15+ days to get my money back but once I started using my own labels via Shipstation, I didn't get the same responses.

In a sense I could understand TikTok from an algorithm looking at my account, seeing I have 50 sales, 5+ with customers opening claims saying they do not have it, and these are high value $300-$1000+ sales. But then it's a matter of who do you want selling in the marketplace?

They cannot blame you if you're using TikTok labels. That is key. The reason for my deactivation was "cancelled sales", but within the policy they claimed I was in connection with these people opening claims, or that I manipulated tracking. Complete nonsense. Yet whatever I feel does not matter, you just have to play the game within the rules they set.

I was just approved for Walmart which should hopefully counter whatever sales lost I had with TikTok. In a few months I will open another account. Treat it like Mercari, hope for at most $2,500 sales and thats it. Not trying to make my business revolve around TikTok.

Last edited by solefoodbk; 1 Day Ago at 02:46 AM.