Bid or Buy-South African Marketplace - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions

General Platform Discussions Discuss other platforms (marketplace accounts, payment gateways, ad accounts, social accounts and more). In other words, if it's about another platform and it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Old 08-11-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 84%

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjs010 View Post
i think i can make a fair bit of money only selling on BoB..likereally ..i'll give you a hint..look at the recent winning prices for ipads..about 300 dolars more than in the us...hint hint
That is definitely true, as a lot of products (technological products even more so) are highly overpriced in SA and so will fetch far higher prices on BoB auctions than on ebay, often even much higher than US retail prices
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-11-2010

Longevity: 81%

I really liked the website... But international shipping is scary... There is always a chance to lose an item... What if this item was worth $100s?
I learned my lesson last year when I shipped overseas, to Europe, Australia and South America.... I lost a few of my items and got busy filing usps lost items claims.... The best way for me was to ship via USPS Express mail with an insurance....
I never shipped to SA though...
Any thoughts on international shipping, guys???
Also, do sellers have to build feedback first in order to sell profitable items?
Old 08-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptenchick View Post
I really liked the website... But international shipping is scary... There is always a chance to lose an item... What if this item was worth $100s?
I learned my lesson last year when I shipped overseas, to Europe, Australia and South America.... I lost a few of my items and got busy filing usps lost items claims.... The best way for me was to ship via USPS Express mail with an insurance....
Also, do sellers have to build feedback first in order to sell profitable items?
There is always a chance to lose an item shipping locally as well, that is why you should always ship insured, whether locally or internationally.

International shipping will always be a bit more expensive, but set your shipping cost for each auction accordingly to cover your shipping cost. Remember to include in the shipping information that there may be customs tax payable by the buyer, just to make sure the buyer is aware of that and avoid any unnecessary issues there (some people may overlook the customs tax when bidding, so always better to mention it).

As a new seller on any site, I would always recommend starting off with lower value items (up to around US$150 or so). You will not just get kicked off of BoB for listing high value items like you will on ebay, however you also may not get the prices you want if you have no/low feedback, as people are more wary about bidding on expensive items from sellers without feedback. For items above US$150 value, I would recommend building up around 20 or so feedback first so people know you are an honest and reliable seller. That is not essential, but I would recommend it if you want to get top prices for the more expensive items

My advice would be to purchase a few lower range watches from Bidz.com Brand Name & Jewelry Auctions - Live | Rings, Watches, Sunglasses (pierre cardin and police watches sell pretty well on BoB), and sell those off on the Crazy Wednesday and Snap Friday auctions. They are quick selling items, which fetch decent profits, but are not overly expensive and so are perfect for building a reputation at the beginning

Good luck and enjoy the profits on BoB
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SoulStorm For This Useful Post:
OfficialGenius (08-11-2010), ptenchick (08-11-2010)
Old 08-11-2010

Longevity: 85%

Quote:

When shipping international being cheap can be very costly.
You should ALWAYS ship out EXPRESS mail when shipping international because the tracking number is very important. If the buyer knows you didn't ship out express he can easily take advantage of you and just say that he never received the package and win.
There's no proof so protect yourself shipping via international express mail no matter the cost.
The Following User Says Thank You to OfficialGenius For This Useful Post:
ptenchick (08-11-2010)
Old 08-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulStorm View Post
BoB are integrated with PayPal, but are not ebay and therefore cannot access your PayPal account details. You can use stealth PayPal accounts without a problem. Use your legit details for BoB, and use any stealth PayPal email to accept the payments (can be changed to a new PP account when PP shuts you down, just enter your new PP email into the payment section on BoB)
Any idea of how they treat sellers who sell high-end identical vero ⊗⊗⊗⊗ or legit vero items?

What about disputes for items "not as described" how do they treat that? (Unlike eBay which favors with the buyer)
Old 08-12-2010
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 79%

ebay russia is good too.lol
Old 08-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficialGenius View Post
Any idea of how they treat sellers who sell high-end identical vero ⊗⊗⊗⊗ or legit vero items?

What about disputes for items "not as described" how do they treat that? (Unlike eBay which favors with the buyer)
Vero items are no problem on BoB.

For "not as described" disputes if they are taken further to BoB admins, the BUYER must provide proof that the item is not as described. The age old stand of "innocent until proven guilty" applies to any disputes
Old 08-12-2010

I was thinking about getting a passport to sign up as a seller, do you know if you need the passport card, book or both?
Old 08-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulStorm View Post
Vero items are no problem on BoB.

For "not as described" disputes if they are taken further to BoB admins, the BUYER must provide proof that the item is not as described. The age old stand of "innocent until proven guilty" applies to any disputes
Are DVD Boxsets profitable?
The only thing I don't understand is the currency. Since I'm on a mac, I wonder if they have a currency translator for the whole website.
Old 08-12-2010

LOL
You won't believe I checked it out....
It's called ebaytoday.ru... The prices are same as in US....

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjs010 View Post
ebay russia is good too.lol
Old 08-12-2010

Do you really need a currency translator?... Just keep in mind that
1 US Dollar = 7.29288 South African Rand...

Quote:
The only thing I don't understand is the currency. Since I'm on a mac, I wonder if they have a currency translator for the whole website.
Old 08-12-2010

Longevity: 83%

I would interested in checking out this option. If you are having to use your passport # how stealth can it be? I was just wondering. Also I have head in previous forum post on bidorbuy.co.za that no VPN is needed and use can log on from the us and sell??
Old 08-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyboy View Post
I was thinking about getting a passport to sign up as a seller, do you know if you need the passport card, book or both?
Whatever your country uses as a valid passport. As long as the passport is valid it will be fine
Old 08-13-2010

Quote:
Depending on the price you can get them, they could be popular yes. Dont try to send f*ake box sets through though. At the moment SA customs are hitting very hard on pirate DVDs and box sets and most are not coming through customs.

There may be a MAC application which can do currency conversions for a full site in the background, but I do not know of any.

You can use the currency calculator at Currency Calculator
Old 08-13-2010

Quote:
Do you really need a currency translator?... Just keep in mind that
1 US Dollar = 7.29288 South African Rand...
Also keep in mind that the currency exchange rate changes from day to day. A currency calculator is available at Currency Calculator
Old 08-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtools View Post
I would interested in checking out this option. If you are having to use your passport # how stealth can it be? I was just wondering. Also I have head in previous forum post on bidorbuy.co.za that no VPN is needed and use can log on from the us and sell??
Correct, no VPN is needed. You can register and sell from anywhere in the world.

Please read my previous post in this thread regarding using stealth. Stealth is NOT needed on BoB, as your account will remain good for a lifetime as long as you stay an honest and reliable seller. Stealth accounts will quickly be shut down, as BoB do thorough checks on your documents unlike ebay who just look at the name on the docs. BoB is NOT ebay, and do NOT just shut down legit sellers for no reason. Stay legit and you will have an account which will last a lifetime
Old 08-13-2010

Longevity: 80%

Is there a place on the sit to find out completed listings?
Old 08-13-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

This Bid or Buy site - seems like everything is buy it now? And yes - the completed listings...seems a bit unreadable.

As for eBay Russia...maybe I am on the wrong website but you have a solid translation program to use for working with the website?
Old 08-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamoudy339 View Post
Is there a place on the sit to find out completed listings?
Yes, please see the link below to go there directly

Recently Won & Bought on bidorbuy

Another useful link below, shows the most popular search phrases on BoB

Popular Searches, trends, hot picks and cool stuff on bid or buy
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SoulStorm For This Useful Post:
rsot (08-13-2010), sax4 (12-17-2010)
Old 08-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
This Bid or Buy site - seems like everything is buy it now? And yes - the completed listings...seems a bit unreadable.
Not at all, there are more auction style items listed than Buy now items. Not sure what you mean my the completed listings being unreadable
Old 08-17-2010

Hello

Just to answer your question in regards to the DL Number , i did not say it was ⊗⊗⊗⊗ .

It was not ⊗⊗⊗⊗ number, it was real DL number, Also i got the verifcation email 2 days later, i send my D.L and bill as id , it was smooth .

i got re insted within 3 hours

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 08-17-2010

I checked it out online and everything was in English...I have no applications or translators from Russian into English installed on my computer....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post

As for eBay Russia...maybe I am on the wrong website but you have a solid translation program to use for working with the website?