Bid or Buy-South African Marketplace - Page 4 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions

General Platform Discussions Discuss other platforms (marketplace accounts, payment gateways, ad accounts, social accounts and more). In other words, if it's about another platform and it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Old 12-22-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%

I was setting up to sell and my credit card verification kept getting kicked back. I tried two different good cards with the same "fail"? I contacted customer support.............any ideas on this? Thanks!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-22-2010

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasasasa View Post
Tizwoz i'm wondering how on earth you got verified.

I got an email from BOB saying they needed some ID, I promptly sent. They then said my account had been fully activated. I asked about being verified and they said that due to them needing to carry out criminal checks, they would need a South African ID.

I'm not a verified seller, I'm just verified the same way as you.
When i sent my id in they told me thats not good enough, you need to get it signed and stamped by a civil servant, thats why i used the post office service for £7.00

that is the best verification you can get if your not from south Africa or supposed to be , i have seen verified sellers from other country's with the green tick next to there name.

My only guess is that they used to live there then moved away keeping there account verified

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 12-22-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,041 Times in 775 Posts
Activity: 33%
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TizWoz View Post
I'm not a verified seller, I'm just verified the same way as you.
When i sent my id in they told me thats not good enough, you need to get it signed and stamped by a civil servant, thats why i used the post office service for £7.00

that is the best verification you can get if your not from south Africa or supposed to be , i have seen verified sellers from other country's with the green tick next to there name.

My only guess is that they used to live there then moved away keeping there account verified
Ah I see.

Yes i've seen those, that must be the case.

You seem to be selling ok depsite not being fully verified, its all about building good feedback.
Old 12-22-2010

i have two accounts

the first one is the one where i am making the good sales, when i found this thread i went to bob and did a search for the items i mainly trade in, i found two things

1 the item where massively over priced
2 not many sellers at all selling MY products

i searched there feedback and listings to see if it could be a worth wile venture, I noticed they where all making sales and some of the sellers where from other country's just like me so i set about getting my piece of cake

The second account is only about two weeks old and the main reason i set this account up was to see about stealthing bob, the account is opened so i listed a shed load of stuff i don't sell to see what happens. i have plenty of watchers but no buyers as yet but I'm sure that will change once i buy something from myself and do a bit of FB building.

My best advice would be to build a website with your main efforts and use these kind of sites as a secondry income. with your own site your in control.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 12-22-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
i have two accounts

the first one is the one where i am making the good sales, when i found this thread i went to bob and did a search for the items i mainly trade in, i found two things

1 the item where massively over priced
2 not many sellers at all selling MY products

i searched there feedback and listings to see if it could be a worth wile venture, I noticed they where all making sales and some of the sellers where from other country's just like me so i set about getting my piece of cake

The second account is only about two weeks old and the main reason i set this account up was to see about stealthing bob, the account is opened so i listed a shed load of stuff i don't sell to see what happens. i have plenty of watchers but no buyers as yet but I'm sure that will change once i buy something from myself and do a bit of FB building.

My best advice would be to build a website with your main efforts and use these kind of sites as a secondry income. with your own site your in control.
How did you setup a stealth? have they asked you for ID?

I have friend in SA, trying to get her to setup an account and get fully verified, once she does I will administer everything, get things to shipped to her house, take care of any import duties, then she will forward the packages to customers. Plus I will have my other UK registered account.

Building a website is my next big project, big because I don't have a clue, especially SEO and all that.
Old 12-22-2010

im would not make public how i have made a stealth for a few reasons one of them been it is far too early yet .

the id has not been asked for yet on this account but when it is i think i have that covered.

Old 12-22-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
im would not make public how i have made a stealth for a few reasons one of them been it is far too early yet .

the id has not been asked for yet on this account but when it is i think i have that covered.
Yep, usual rules apply
Old 12-22-2010
Executive [VIP]

Tiz, how long do you have to wait for an international bank transfer?
Old 12-27-2010
Executive [VIP]

Just sold my first item, i'm very happy, they paid by Paypal

Thanks guys for advice
Old 01-25-2011

Longevity: 76%
Default need some advice on new bid or buy account

Right so I am UK based and I have just opened up a new bid or buy account just want to get some answers..I'm new here btw so bare with me guys..

After I have been verified (sent in passport/bank details) and all has been accepted. Can i go ahead and list loads of items say 50. Or do they have a limit?

Also I will be selling LCD Tv's etc some used some not. will this raise any flags?

Even though I will be doing this through bid or buy will paypal still be able to hold/freeze/limit my paypal account if there is loads of money going through say about £10k plus on withdrawal?

Thanks in advanced..and keep it up guys its a great community here.
Old 02-15-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskyorders View Post
i never got approved,i provided anything they need such as dl,utility bill,passport,green card, still not approved yet.their seller suport is vERRRY slow in terms of response to potential seller.

I got approved,applied one day and got the request for documents the next,was approved by the third day.