Help making a new website! - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions

General Platform Discussions Discuss other platforms (marketplace accounts, payment gateways, ad accounts, social accounts and more). In other words, if it's about another platform and it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Old 08-16-2010
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREMLIN View Post
Hi

Pod - I think i should be able to help you out with your SEO - Shoot me a PM and lets talk - You wont regret it I promise :-) - Im not against adwords but can certainly assure you that organic traffic has a higher click through rate and is much more cost effective so your ROI will be much higher.

The Don

Having a website is crucial -and having a website which is user friendly is just as important - so if you are selling products then go with a shopping cart as you have noted -

Im not sure if any members can remember but when i started out with my own site selling electrical appliances i built it in MS publisher and used google buy now buttons - it wasnt a good idea - still sold products but the seo benefits of a CMS system is absolutely great -

You never need to worry about your internal linking structure and the site architecture.

Driving traffic to your website is also very important and you should think about this while you are building the site -

do your keyword research first then optimise your pages accordingly - to start off with i would suggest optimising each page for no more then 4 keywords then when you start to see results it will be much easier to add and increase the keywords your page ranks for.

You should also work on your category pages and optimise for other keywords too.

I must say that learning how to work with shopping carts isnt the easiest task - If you have a couple of hundred to spare then I would suggest you outsource the task as it will allow you to concentrate on other areas - but then again if your like me then no matter how long it will take you will do it yourself :-)

I can remember when i just started out with zencart - It took me 3 days to align my header image - now i can build sites in a couple of hours - that is a standard site without any additional modules.

If you have the time then do it yourself - not only will you appreciate your site much more and be able to make changes on the fly - but you will also gain a valuable skill

if you would like me to speak to me regarding shopping cart designs and setups then feel free to PM me - Im sure we can work something out
Thank you very much! I will be contacting you for more information! I appreciate it!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-18-2010

Longevity: 79%

Dam you beat me to it

Im a dab hand with cc too

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 08-20-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 88%

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Don View Post
I don't know about Australia laws, but here in the US it's legal....
WTH, stop giving users the wrong information!

When were counterfeit items ever considered "legal." Just look at the amount of seizures and the amount of people coming on this forum begging for advise after receiving a cease & desist letter. Sure you can make a quick buck but look at the long run.

Making a website will just draw MORE attention to the vero owners. There are ways to avoid it but that's when things start to turn more complicated and ugly.....

”I am an optimist. It does not seem too much use being anything else.”
Winston Churchill

“If you’re going through hell, keep going.”
Winston Churchill
The Following User Says Thank You to Burning For This Useful Post:
aspkin (08-20-2010)
Old 08-21-2010
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning View Post
WTH, stop giving users the wrong information!

When were counterfeit items ever considered "legal." Just look at the amount of seizures and the amount of people coming on this forum begging for advise after receiving a cease & desist letter. Sure you can make a quick buck but look at the long run.

Making a website will just draw MORE attention to the vero owners. There are ways to avoid it but that's when things start to turn more complicated and ugly.....
Oops... I thought he was talking about something else.