Opinions wanted. How would your perfect eBay alternative be like? - Page 4 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions

General Platform Discussions Discuss other platforms (marketplace accounts, payment gateways, ad accounts, social accounts and more). In other words, if it's about another platform and it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Old 09-18-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 77%

Yea deff not an open room chat
And deff an option to enable disable the option this should be monitored however because of possibility of sellers trying to make transactions outside of the "ebay alternative site"
At least a Warning message or something
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-18-2011

BTW happy to be co founder with all my genius ideas
Old 09-18-2011

Longevity: 76%

99% of the reasons paypal and ebay do what they do it because most of you sell phake items, burn and turn account, or scam
Old 09-19-2011

Longevity: 73%

i dont see what everyone on heres problem is with replica goods,the people buying them know they are replica and are happy to buy them for half the price or even a third of the price cheaper,most the replica items on ebay are items none of you can buy wholesale from unless you are a big company so it is not effecting you.90% of the stuff on eb ay below the price in shops is fa ke unless you are a real company like house of frazer or m&m direct ,thats why stuff is so cheap on there and why people love to buy from there, the replicas are so good now days half the people that think they are selling genuine products are ⊗⊗⊗⊗,
Old 09-20-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmoe View Post
i dont see what everyone on heres problem is with replica goods,the people buying them know they are replica and are happy to buy them for half the price or even a third of the price cheaper,most the replica items on ebay are items none of you can buy wholesale from unless you are a big company so it is not effecting you.90% of the stuff on eb ay below the price in shops is fa ke unless you are a real company like house of frazer or m&m direct ,thats why stuff is so cheap on there and why people love to buy from there, the replicas are so good now days half the people that think they are selling genuine products are ⊗⊗⊗⊗,
Because it is illegal.... Put yourself in the property rights owners shoes.
Old 09-20-2011

Quote:
I dont see the problem with just stealing your money or property.
Old 09-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB View Post
Live chat between buyer and seller is a brilliant idea!!!
Bonanza has this, but ebay needs it. When busy parts of the year start up, I use skype and get instant sales after people ask a simple question they were wondering. On December 18th-20th I had skype running 24-7 and sold 5,000+ items. I thought I was going to have a heart attack.
Old 09-20-2011

Quote:
Old 09-20-2011

Longevity: 83%

Quote:
I think if you want to buy and sell VeRo, you will have to do so on E-Bay and won't be able to on the new Beta site.
Old 09-20-2011

Longevity: 78%
Send a message via MSN to GTB Send a message via Yahoo to GTB

bet you any money there will be plenty of VERO on this new site

anyone thinking that there wont needs a reality check
The Following User Says Thank You to GTB For This Useful Post:
biggesmalls (09-21-2011)
Old 09-20-2011
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 96%

I think there's virtually no way we're getting rid of all VERO items. Obviously we'll have to comply with any legal requests from trademark holders, but we also don't want to permanently suspend and ban for life anyone who's affected by it like eBay does. While you can "spot" VERO items by their price and sometimes through photos, there's also a risk that you're targeting someone who sells a legit item for a price lower than in the store for whatever reason.
Old 09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by newjerseymax View Post
Because it is illegal.... Put yourself in the property rights owners shoes.
but if the companys products that get ⊗⊗⊗⊗d werent such a rip off people wouldnt buy replicas ,so if the companys lower there price they would make the money back from lowering there prices from people not buying replicas..it may be a illegal but i dont see it as a crime making money from greedy people dosent bother me :D weed is illegal but it dosent stop people smoking it
Old 09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustme View Post
The live chat suggestion is excellent, thank you, along with an option to disable or enable it for sellers. We've already started researching it and have a few options in mind. General chat rooms site-wide is a bad idea, especially if it gets abused by spammers, but I think from buyer-to-seller it's great.
if you do chat between sellers and buyers you need to make sure the chat blocks people putting there email address in there and doing private sales for cheaper.
Old 09-21-2011

So I invented this widget - it's the best widget in the world - it took me two years to develop it and I spent quizillions of dollars developing it.

I now need to sell loads for two years at lots of money to get my money back

My friend bigmoe got a chinaman to copy my design and as he has no design costs he can sell widgets for a quarter of the price I charge.

I don't mind because he tells me I'm greedy and I deserve it.

I hope he gives me a lift to the bankruptcy court because I can't afford to run a car as bigmoe has taken all my business

But that's OK - I'm greedy!

Now do you get it?

Last edited by GrannyT; 09-21-2011 at 12:38 PM.
Old 09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyT View Post
So I invented this widget - it's the best widget in the world - it took me two years to develop it and I spent quizillions of dollars developing it.

I now need to sell loads for two years at lots of money to get my money back

My friend bigmoe got a chinaman to copy my design and as he has no design costs he can sell widgets for a quarter of the price I charge.

I don't mind because he tells me I'm greedy and I deserve it.

I hope he gives me a lift to the bankruptcy court because I can't afford to run a car as bigmoe has taken all my business

But that's OK - I'm greedy!

Now do you get it?
thats no my point though because copies are never as good as the real thing,heinz makes the best and orginal tomato sauce but tesco homebrand tomato sauce is half the price or less and its in the exact same shape bottle,heinz is still doing well,apple made the ipad now they are loads of copies of it by samsung,blackberry,etc but apple still makes the most money. my point being what ever is invented there will be copies some people carnt afford to pay for orginals ,so they buy copies but the company that made the orginal will always make the most money.What you are saying is different because if your widget was already for sale to the public people would yours was the orginal and better than a copy of it and buy that if they had the money to do so,so you wouldnt be losing all your money ,you would still be doing well,you can buy a real ps3 control for around £35 or a copy for £5 if you had the money to spend you would be the real one instead even though its £30 dearer because its better than the copy,the copy for £5 will loose sony sales but nothing that would matter to them.
Old 09-21-2011
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
if you do chat between sellers and buyers you need to make sure the chat blocks people putting there email address in there and doing private sales for cheaper.
Well, it doesn't make much sense in going for private sales, at least for founding members, since we're not going to charge any fees for them - ever. So there's no benefit like on eBay. People would however still find ways around that, by typing the email address like "johnsmith at hotmail dot com" or something like that. But then, they could do that through private messages as well.
Old 09-21-2011
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

imjustme

Have you looked at the sites that have failed and did the research as to what they did wrong that made them fail?

Repeating the same mistakes would be devastating.

Thinking that you probably already done this but just wanted to add my .02.
Old 09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy D View Post
imjustme

Have you looked at the sites that have failed and did the research as to what they did wrong that made them fail?

Repeating the same mistakes would be devastating.

Thinking that you probably already done this but just wanted to add my .02.
Thats a great point
no matter how many new ideas you get... but you do the same exact thing as other sites.. bam.. bye bye goes Beta Ebay...
Samething as linking an old suspended address to a stealth ebay account.. its goin to go down no matter how many different types of items you try to put up (IDEAS)... your old suspended address is going to bring you down down down
The Following User Says Thank You to Gman91189 For This Useful Post:
freedomplz (10-29-2011)
Old 09-22-2011

Quote:
Well, it doesn't make much sense in going for private sales, at least for founding members, since we're not going to charge any fees for them - ever. So there's no benefit like on eBay. People would however still find ways around that, by typing the email address like "johnsmith at hotmail dot com" or something like that. But then, they could do that through private messages as well.
so there are no fees?ioffer as found a way to ban you even putting hotmail,yahoo,gmail etc thats only on messages that are public and private though.when will your site be live do you think?
Old 09-22-2011
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman91189 View Post
Thats a great point
no matter how many new ideas you get... but you do the same exact thing as other sites.. bam.. bye bye goes Beta Ebay...
Samething as linking an old suspended address to a stealth ebay account.. its goin to go down no matter how many different types of items you try to put up (IDEAS)... your old suspended address is going to bring you down down down
Yes, we're definitely doing research on that. I think the majority of places that fail are not because they don't have a good idea, but because they promote it either the wrong way, or they don't promote it at all. I've seen places with potential that are literally just "sitting there" hoping to be found. That's not going to happen.

Quote:
so there are no fees?ioffer as found a way to ban you even putting hotmail,yahoo,gmail etc thats only on messages that are public and private though.when will your site be live do you think?
I can't give you an exact date on when it will be live, because we don't want to rush towards a deadline just to avoid missing it. Instead, we want to get everything right before launching it. It's probably safe to say in the next few months, though.

And yes, there will be no fees for founding members - ever. We will eventually have to introduce a fee for items sold, though it will be lower than eBay's, but founding members will always enjoy no fees ever.
The Following User Says Thank You to imjustme For This Useful Post:
freedomplz (10-29-2011)
Old 09-23-2011

Quote:
Yes, we're definitely doing research on that. I think the majority of places that fail are not because they don't have a good idea, but because they promote it either the wrong way, or they don't promote it at all. I've seen places with potential that are literally just "sitting there" hoping to be found. That's not going to happen.

I can't give you an exact date on when it will be live, because we don't want to rush towards a deadline just to avoid missing it. Instead, we want to get everything right before launching it. It's probably safe to say in the next few months, though.

And yes, there will be no fees for founding members - ever. We will eventually have to introduce a fee for items sold, though it will be lower than eBay's, but founding members will always enjoy no fees ever.
ok mate sounds good and wish you all the best with it
Old 10-24-2011

Thumbs up Thumbs up

Quote:
Definitely. I can see where eBay is coming from with the limits and suspensions. No doubt there are some bad sellers out there who need to be stopped, but I believe that the majority of people who sell online are still good people. eBay is becoming too buyer-focused and is killing the sellers that made them what they are today.

Having been an eBay seller myself for many years now (you can see my posts going back) I've had all these problems myself as a seller, with suspended accounts and all. I've had to go stealth to make a living and support my family. In the past 2 years, I have the eBay system beaten and haven't been suspended anymore, but I have my own tactics to keep me alive. Honest sellers shouldn't have to do that, go stealth just to make a living and not be suspended for life.

A big part of this project is definitely making life easier for sellers, and also less worrying. I know how it feels to wake up in the morning, and the first thought being to check my email to see if my accounts are still up or if I've been suspended from eBay.

And sellers should be definitely welcome to have multiple accounts, one for buying, one for selling antiques and another for selling used car parts.

Thank you for your thoughts, it will definitely focus on being easy and worry-free for sellers

That is actually already in development. Currencies converted depending on your country. What's a bit tricky is that it can only "estimate" the price, especially for PayPal sellers, as PayPal has their own exchange rates which change several times every day. But a good estimate can be given.

Live chat support is definitely on the list of features. We may even go so far as to offer a live-support option between sellers and buyers, so that when you're online you can talk with potential buyers and close the deal right there.

Another thing I'll have to add is that we'll initially have fixed-price listings only, and introducing auctions once the user base has grown to a large number. The reason is that the traffic to the site has to be established first through fixed-price items, because it doesn't help sellers if only 1-2 people bid on the auction and they end up selling it for a lower than expected price.

And the best feature of all, is that we're expecting to make the site free of fees forever for the first X number of sellers. That means that the first X number of sellers will never pay any fees to list, and neither fees when the items are sold, sort of as a thank you for being there in the beginning and helping it get started.

Thank you again for all the feedback and suggestions. It's good knowing that a project like this has the support of sellers
I'll run a classified ad on ebay encouraging sellers to check us out. I'm already marked.