Not sure I'm out all the way but beginning to fear. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourself to the community!

Old 01-06-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 65%
Unhappy Not sure I'm out all the way but beginning to fear.

So, my ebay account is not suspended, though I do currently fall below standard. Until last October, I was a 100% feedback ebay seller who had just achieved power seller status. I had a bad month (personally) and got my DSRs dinged. Have adapted my selling practices so that everything is now well in hand and will be able to deal with future personal crises much more easily, BUT ... I have been scanning the forum, and I suspect that I have activated a sleeper bomb that, even if I make no further mistakes, will, next October, result in the permanent suspension of my account. I have scoured ebay's resources and info and have not found an answer. Have not called, but I suspect anything that I might be told on the phone. Help line employees, I have found, often make up answers that seem best if they are not sure how to reply. That doesn't mean something you are told is true.

What I read was this: a seller had low DSRs, waited for them to roll off after a year (which is what he was told by the ebay help line), but then, after a year, after his account was set to return to above standard, he was notified that, because his account had been below standard for too many consecutive months, it would be permanently suspended. Then he said something about this being the result of a few cases at the time of the low DSRs being opened in rapid succession, and the kicker being that after his account was suspended, ebay changed policies so that the cases would no longer count towards a restricted account.

???

So, basically, if it's the DSRs, I'm set to explode after a year, because my personal and family crisis interfered with my shipping last October. But ebay won't tell me until the last minute when I'm about to get my account back to normal. But, if it's cases, they no longer determine according to this factor?

???

Who knows? How can I find out? If I did an incredible amount of low $ sales, I could possibly get my DSRs back up, but it would take an incredible amount of work. To be clear, my account currently is limited but not restricted. It was restricted, but I talked to someone on the phone and got it back to limited. But if limited means that I'm going to eventually get suspended if I don't get my DSRs up in 7-8 months, shouldn't I be making a different plan?

I just don't want to abandon the thing I've already learned to do when I've invested so much time and $ in it. I have a basement full of inventory that is pretty much in limbo while I figure out what to do. I started another ebay account, thinking that after awhile I'd have one that wasn't below standard, but ... okay, if the limitations transfer between accounts, it's not a huge deal because I never sell more than my limitations, anyway, but if the one account gets suspended, then evidently it transfers to the other.

I just don't want to pour my heart and soul and sweat into a ticking time bomb, especially when I just got my work hours cut in half, lost a bunch of insurance benefits and had to pay an unexpected $340 out of pocket (that I didn't have) for a prescription, my boyfriend lost his job, and still have a lot of health issues that I can't address because I can't afford to.

Or should I just chuck it all, go into hiding, and write a book? Might pay off sooner than anything else!

Just would like to make some forward progress for once? Anyone have the skinny on where I stand with ebay so I can stop obsessing and decide on a course of action?

Last edited by TGMT²; 01-06-2013 at 03:22 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-06-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

You always have a choice. In your shoes, I would work on this old account- sell a lot of small items for fast positive DSR and feedback QUICKLY. Yes it will take work - there is no way around that. At the same time, if you have time, I would make stealth backup accounts and build them PRONTO. No time to be lazy if this is your bread and butter.

About your insurance and medical bills and what not, eB and pp don't care about all that. Yes its rough but manage them and your time with eB effectively and I am sure you will succeed.