Ebay Buyer Protection, beginning of the end? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 01-26-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
Default Ebay Buyer Protection, beginning of the end?

I posted in the other forum as well, but I wanted to post this in here for everyone. The new buyer protection is up for Ebay. They will cover the cost of the item plus shipping if it is not received or described. Is this the beginning of the end for stealth accounts? I believe so. Sooner than later they are going to make people verify EVERYTHING in order to get an account. They will stand to lose too much now with this guarantee. Sad day to see this...
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-26-2010

Longevity: 82%

Stop working with eBay and giving them new idea. Don't cry wolf to early there will be another way out.
Old 01-26-2010
Threadstarter  

Why would I work with ebay?
Old 01-26-2010
Threadstarter  

I'm just stating the obvious, they are going to lose alot of money because they have to "guarantee" everything, so in regards when you do that you will take safety measures to prevent that from happening as much. Just basic business.
Old 01-26-2010

Longevity: 82%

I prefer it coming out of ebay than paypal.
Old 01-27-2010
Banned

Longevity: 85%

Can you post a link or the exact words from the horse's mouth?
Old 01-27-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigilantex69 View Post
I'm just stating the obvious, they are going to lose alot of money because they have to "guarantee" everything, so in regards when you do that you will take safety measures to prevent that from happening as much. Just basic business.
Ebay is not going to lose a lot of money. It will be the Sellers that will be losing. Ebay will collect from the seller first to recover the funds. It will be the sellers responsibility to prove info for the dispute. If the sellers are not able to provide the documents or the Shipping company forgot to scan a package then they will Lose.

BooMer
Old 01-27-2010

Longevity: 95%

Quote:
I posted in the other forum as well, but I wanted to post this in here for everyone. The new buyer protection is up for Ebay. They will cover the cost of the item plus shipping if it is not received or described. Is this the beginning of the end for stealth accounts? I believe so. Sooner than later they are going to make people verify EVERYTHING in order to get an account. They will stand to lose too much now with this guarantee. Sad day to see this...
This is alrdy in effect ebay refunds the buyers if not received or described. Ebay comes after your fee payment that u have on file! and if there unsucessfull at takeing the money back they send u to a debit collecter. Even so theres only a handfull stelth users out there compared to the legement users who use ebay and even most stelth users now days pays there ebay fees to avoid loseing there accounts so when the disputes come they will be paying ebay in the same fashion as the fees.

Just think about when all these buyers figer out that they can cry wolf and get free items just by saying it was'nt as described.
Old 01-27-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboykilla View Post
This is alrdy in effect ebay refunds the buyers if not received or described. Ebay comes after your fee payment that u have on file! and if there unsucessfull at takeing the money back they send u to a debit collecter. Even so theres only a handfull stelth users out there compared to the legement users who use ebay and even most stelth users now days pays there ebay fees to avoid loseing there accounts so when the disputes come they will be paying ebay in the same fashion as the fees.

Just think about when all these buyers figer out that they can cry wolf and get free items just by saying it was'nt as described.
Its f*cking Bullsh*t. If these aholes want a friggin warranty than GO BUY YOUR ITEMS AT BEST BUY AND PAY THE MARKED UP PRICES. It pisses me off that Ebay and Amazon act like their just an online Wal-Mart. Ebay should just buy all the items from all the buyers and resell them if they want to do this crap.
Old 01-27-2010

Longevity: 95%

Yeah its gay how it works. Buyer dosent like the item he can file a dispute Not as described. and poof ebay refunds there money no ?'s asked. Ebays treating there auction crap as if its walmarts or bestbuy where people can simply return the items for a refund. but the thing is with ebay i can bet money they wont make the buyers return the items so they will issue a refund and get to keep the goods as well.

Only choice we stelth users has is pay your resaloution fees or lose your account as in my case i will tell ebay F you and lose the account and make another.

ebays only doing this to make buyers feel like there safe when useing ebay.
Old 01-29-2010

Longevity: 84%

ebay is all about the buyer anymore...they dont give a rats arse about the seller
Old 01-29-2010
Threadstarter  

I agree, **** Ebay. I do know that they buyer HAS to return the item to you, but either way your screwed. Too many opened disputes your gonna get limited anyway. I just withdraw the money and if a douchebag opens a dispute on me I just close the account and let paypal deal with it.
Old 01-30-2010
Banned

Longevity: 91%

Quote:
I posted in the other forum as well
What other forum?
Old 02-01-2010
MU

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

Most sellers offer returns, I offer a 30 day money back guarantee on all accounts. Sales are dramatically increased. Returns are minimal, about the same with no return policy.

The only thing that's gotten me in trouble with this is adding a credit card to reimburse ebay when they decide they need to refund. You can use paypal, but the often want another card. If you used a vcc to verify paypal, then you have to go out and get another card.... what happens if they force a refund for 40 dollars and the card has 20?

I'm not too worried about it honestly. My disputes are almost non existent.