Creating Multiple IP Addresses - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > IP Address

IP Address Changing your IP address, multiple IPs, VPNs, hiding your IP, phone tethering, MiFi devices, hotspots and more.

Old 03-18-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
Default Creating Multiple IP Addresses

I am searching for the easiest, most convenient and fool-proof way to tackle multiple IP addresses on one computer -- to use for multiple ebay accounts. I currently have a DSL cable modem and a dynamic IP address. I've read in the forums that some of you have used a "splitter" to connect from the modem... while others have used a router (does this automatically guarantee a new IP address?), and have also considered asking my cable company for multiple static IPs for a home business.. I'm very new to this, so please bare with me. What would you choose and why? I'd like to hear whether any of the above has worked for you in the long run.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-18-2009
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

I've tried most methods when it comes to changing an IP Address.

I found the fastest way for me to do it is to swap out my router with another router I have. I have four routers and just swap them out when I want to change my IP really fast.

If I were directly connected to my modem then turning it off for a couple minutes and releasing my computer ip address usually does that trick.

I also use my iphone to tether into it's connection. That's good for the fast transaction or two.

You can also change your router's mac address, but that's a little more advanced.

Cheers!
Old 03-18-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

You're not searching. You're asking. If you browse this section you'll see a few sticky posts on how to do this exact task
Old 03-18-2009

Longevity: 94%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyoyo View Post
I am searching for the easiest, most convenient and fool-proof way to tackle multiple IP addresses on one computer -- to use for multiple ebay accounts. I currently have a DSL cable modem and a dynamic IP address. I've read in the forums that some of you have used a "splitter" to connect from the modem... while others have used a router (does this automatically guarantee a new IP address?), and have also considered asking my cable company for multiple static IPs for a home business.. I'm very new to this, so please bare with me. What would you choose and why? I'd like to hear whether any of the above has worked for you in the long run.
Yes, switching routers has always worked for me. Who's your internet service provider? I have an Actiontec DSL modem, my provider is Qwest. What I simply do is type 192.168.0.1 into my web browser(Always use Firefox) and go to Setup/Config, from there on I click on Begin Basic set-up, click next, once I reach the screen where my user name and password are listed, I simply change a character in my user name. Example: user name is highwhey@qwest.net, what I do is change a character, i.e: Highwhey@qwest.net, all I did was capitalize the H. Once I do that I click next, then save and restart(modem reboots) and I have a new Ip Address. This method is the easiest for me, no disconnecting Ethernet cables and switching out routers. Simple and easy. Of course, I may have a different ISP than you. Good luck.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to highwhey For This Useful Post:
DreamerInTheClouds (01-20-2011), eternalny (06-16-2010)
Old 03-19-2009
Threadstarter  

I have a Macintosh, not a PC, so the configuration is a little different. I also have Cox :(.. not the easiest ISP to work with. No basic-setup that I'm aware of . Do you happen to know how to easily configure with a Mac and this internet provider? I've tried renew/release and rebooting modem, but that takes atleast 8 hours (if i am lucky).

I'm going to try and set up a router like aspkin suggested & switch them as needed.

Thanks to all of you for your help.
Old 03-28-2009

Longevity: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
Yes, switching routers has always worked for me. Who's your internet service provider? I have an Actiontec DSL modem, my provider is Qwest. What I simply do is type 192.168.0.1 into my web browser(Always use Firefox) and go to Setup/Config, from there on I click on Begin Basic set-up, click next, once I reach the screen where my user name and password are listed, I simply change a character in my user name. Example: user name is highwhey@qwest.net, what I do is change a character, i.e: Highwhey@qwest.net, all I did was capitalize the H. Once I do that I click next, then save and restart(modem reboots) and I have a new Ip Address. This method is the easiest for me, no disconnecting Ethernet cables and switching out routers. Simple and easy. Of course, I may have a different ISP than you. Good luck.

I have the same modem and to change ips i do kind of the same thing. I don't change the name i leave all of that the same, i go to the tab that shows the status and then i click disconnect and wait about 3 seconds then i hit connect and i got a new ip address.
I actually wrote a macro to do this for me, so i hit a hot key and it does it for me automatically...
Old 03-28-2009

Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

Spector, I also use that method, disconnect and reconnect. I was changing my Mac address for a while but I clicked that button a couple days ago and it changed my ip.

How did you write a marco?
Old 03-29-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 99%

all you need is 1 router and change the mac address in that router. i did a post a week ago on how to change the mac address. I have a macintosh as well and do this with ease. i can get as many ip's as i want with this method. the router swap method only gives you 1 ip per 24 hours per router.
Old 03-29-2009

Another easy way I found to quickly change your IP is to buy many of these things: TRENDnet - TU-ET100C - 10100 USB 1.1 Ethernet Adapter at TigerDirect.com
Each USB to ethernet has it's own MAC so it will acquire a new IP address. You may have to do a ipconfig /release in the command prompt when disconnecting.
The Following User Says Thank You to jtaverner76 For This Useful Post:
eternalny (06-16-2010)
Old 03-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeman View Post
Spector, I also use that method, disconnect and reconnect. I was changing my Mac address for a while but I clicked that button a couple days ago and it changed my ip.

How did you write a marco?

I used macro express to write the macro that i use for this. pretty simple process.
Old 04-01-2009
Threadstarter  

Thanks everybody for your help!
Old 04-30-2009

Longevity: 86%

this does not work with adsl , we only get a Static IP, how would i change that?
I hve a dlink modem/router in one.
thx
Old 04-30-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 99%

i think only dynamic can be changed not static...go get a VPN or dial up service.
Old 05-06-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 89%

I've been playing around with a new laptop and I noticed with the comcast modem, I get a new IP just unpluging and pluging ethernet wires from one pc to the other (shuting down the modem too) but it only works from one day to the next. And with different pc's on different days. I have'nt given it enough time to get some pattern yet cause I use dialup.
Old 05-06-2009
Executive [VIP]

Buy the way, all three pc's have different IP's with switch plugging them as my previous thread discribes. Odd but refreshing.
Old 05-07-2009

Hercules - You can do the same thing by installing a router, change the router's MAC address, and reboot the modem. Takes all of 10-20 seconds and there's no limit on the amount of IP addresses you can get each day. Changing the router's MAC address might sound complicated, but it isn't. You just login via Firefox or IE and change 1 digit in the MAC number and click save.

The reason you're running into the 1 IP per computer / per day limitation is because many ISPs configure their IP (DHCP) servers to reissue the same IP (unless the computer has been turned off for 24 hours). Changing the router's MAC address tricks the DHCP server into thinking its a different computer. No need to wait 24 hours...
Old 05-07-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanks Cabo, I heard it hear before then I bought a wireless router but I have'nt installed it yet. The Best Buy guy tried to tell me 163.00 to install the router or else if it is'nt installed right I may have a breach of security from hackers getting in and stealing away... is this a line of bull or for real?
Old 05-07-2009

Hahaha... $163 eh? No way in hell I'd pay that. Yes he was trying to upsell you. A misconfigured router is no worse than your current setup. Just be sure to change the default password to something else. Also, did you go with a wireless unit? If yes, it's important to make sure the WiFi signal is encrypted (WEP or WPA) so your neighbors can't access your internet connection. It's not a matter of them 'hacking' your computer... but more a matter of them using your DSL line for their browsing. You don't want to get linked to their paypal / ebay account(s). Go through the setup guide and see if you have any questions.
Old 05-07-2009

Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

Yes that is some BS! Lol BestBuy and Geek Squad have some ridiculous prices for stuff they insist has to be done. (They told me my laptop I purchased there wouldn't work right if I didn't pay the $113 to have it checked before it's used the first time. Hahaha )

I agree with Cabo, that's some good advice.
Old 05-08-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

For my router, I just go in the config and EXCLUDE all MAC addresses except the ones on the 'good' list. I put my own wireless adapter MACs on the good list. Better than WEP.

Hercules, for $163, he should be providing full security config, a wristwatch, and a date with his sister. Anything less than that and he's trying to rip you off.

You can do your own config in less than 15 minutes.
Old 05-09-2009
Executive [VIP]

Vicvelcro, I had your sister she's worth more than that dude! just kidding.
Old 05-10-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

You *must* be kidding. Heh.

If my sister got a hold of you, there'd be nothing of you left to be typing. She's just too wild... and priceless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules View Post
Vicvelcro, I had your sister she's worth more than that dude! just kidding.