IP address changing question - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > IP Address

IP Address Changing your IP address, multiple IPs, VPNs, hiding your IP, phone tethering, MiFi devices, hotspots and more.

Old 01-25-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 41%
Lightbulb IP address changing question

I have no problem changing my IP address with my router changing my MAC address works perfect for me. I plan on starting with 2 accounts and definitely going to make back ups later but I'm thinking like when you change the IP address to make new account and then login back into the other account wouldnt they link if one gets suspended like even if they don't link I feel that it will raise a red flag if your making a new account Every time. Eventually all the accounts are going to have the same IP address am I right or wrong.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-26-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: IP address changing question

No not all account will have same IP address. You log your ip addresses and make sure the accounts don't share the same IP. So if you reset the modem and ip xxx comes up - you use it for account A ...but when you go on to account B, you make sure that you don't use ip xxx, you reset and hope for new IP
Old 01-26-2017
Threadstarter  

Alright I read the IP section in the book again thanks for your help I'm glad I posted here I thought I had it all down. It took me a while to get my router to change IP address the first time but now I know what to do with.

Last edited by shootemup321; 01-26-2017 at 01:57 AM.
Old 01-26-2017
Threadstarter  

So I can get a new IP address each time if I want but eBay might think that it's suspicious logging in most of the time with a new Ip but using the same ones and I won't have any problem unless I can't find the IP address for a account I'm trying to login in to or get a bad IP address. Seems like the best way is using the recommended VPN service, basically if I want to be cheap I just use the same IPs and risk the ip being bad or spend $10 a month on VPN if I use the year plan. Do you know if IP burger lets have lets say 5 IP addresses I mean on one VPN account for the $10 a month and I can switch between those IP addresses without a problem or does it only allow you to get a fresh new ip each time?

Last edited by shootemup321; 01-26-2017 at 02:46 AM.
Old 01-26-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsmalls321 View Post
So I can get a new IP address each time if I want but eBay might think that it's suspicious logging in most of the time with a new Ip
Who told you this?

Quote:
but using the same ones and I won't have any problem
Usually having 1 Static IP per account is ideal but not a must....there's always more than 1 way to get on ebay/pp safely.

Quote:
unless I can't find the IP address for a account I'm trying to login in to or get a bad IP address.
IP's can't be "searched" for.....your ISP assigns IP's randomly.

Quote:
Seems like the best way is using the recommended VPN service, basically if I want to be cheap I just use the same IPs and risk the ip being bad or spend $10 a month on VPN if I use the year plan.
There are good VPN's out there just like bad ones. You can try 24vc, they are recommended on this forum as safe.

Quote:
Do you know if IP burger lets have lets say 5 IP addresses I mean on one vpn account for the $10 a month and I can switch between those IP addresses without a problem or does it only allow you to get a fresh new ip each time?
If your going to get a VPN, get a 1 Static IP per account.
Old 01-26-2017
Threadstarter  

From what I read on here and on the book is where I read it. it might throw up a flag if I have a different IP address when I login in again. It seems like the best options is either changing the MAC address and hope I can find that same IP address in the pool of IPs or 24vc to be extra safe. I was going to go the changing router method but cheap router=**** internet connection lol.
Old 01-26-2017

Longevity: 50%

there is no issue using a dynamic IP , in my opinion using a Static IP from a VPN is even more suspect : what kind of users keep the same ip all their life ?? I do personnaly change IP each time I connect.
Also about the mac address, I know it is written in the book but it's a mistake, ebay/pp/amz cannot see it
Old 01-26-2017
Threadstarter  

Ya I know that they can't see MAC address but might have to sign in with a another Ip if you can't get old one back. I want to to have multiple accounts and paying for a a vpn for each account would be expensive. So I'm thinking changing MAC address is the way to go for me I'm going to try it out and see. Honestly if you think about if your traveling or just go to family or friends house occasionally and manage your eBay from there your IP address is changes when you sign in so really if you use eBay on the go your address changes all the time. I really think it isn't a flag now if your IP address changes.
Old 01-27-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Ya I know that they can't see MAC address but might have to sign in with a another Ip if you can't get old one back. I want to to have multiple accounts and paying for a a vpn for each account would be expensive. So I'm thinking changing MAC address is the way to go for me I'm going to try it out and see. Honestly if you think about if your traveling or just go to family or friends house occasionally and manage your eBay from there your IP address is changes when you sign in so really if you use eBay on the go your address changes all the time. I really think it isn't a flag now if your IP address changes.
I use a hotspot that changes IP's easily and have managed a lot of accounts using this 1 device, obviously changing IP's isn't a deal breaker....you should be concerned with the cookies and browsing history for each account. You seem paranoid of the whole "different IP" thing....it's not an issue IF you have your cookies in place.
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
rsot (01-27-2017)
Old 01-27-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Cheaper options are cellphone tethering or dongle use, just examples
Old 01-28-2017
Threadstarter  

Ya it was my first account so I was a little paranoid for a minute I made it last night all I need to do is add a Vcc not sure which one to go with yet. I have a bank attached already and everything verified but the credit card.
Old 01-28-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Ya it was my first account so I was a little paranoid for a minute I made it last night all I need to do is add a Vcc not sure which one to go with yet. I have a bank attached already and everything verified but the credit card.
So get the credit card - what's the problem?
Old 01-31-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
So get the credit card - what's the problem?
I just got a vanilla card for now but I have another question though I added a bank and it said sent the 2 deposits and now asking how much those deposits were but it's been 48 hrs and I haven't received any deposits does this mean my name on paypal account is not working with the bank?
Old 01-31-2017
Threadstarter  

I think I found my answer for verifying my bank PayPal says you can not use a savings account to verify your PayPal by the 2 deposits but you can link it too account the instant way but im not sure that would be safe if the checking sub account in that bank is linked to suspended account?

Last edited by shootemup321; 01-31-2017 at 05:53 PM.
Old 02-07-2017

Longevity: 42%

Simple, you can get a Proxy.
Checking is much better than savings but it should be the same. Its still a bank account.
Old 02-08-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palesantos View Post
Simple, you can get a Proxy.
Checking is much better than savings but it should be the same. Its still a bank account.
Get a proxy? Proxys don't work from my research on here and I already figured out what to do with IP address. Savings accounts only work if you do the instant verification which I'm not about doing since I have all my info on the account and your limited to transactions. Checking account is definitely the way to go. I already solved my problem just opened a another checking account at Bank of America.