Cell Phone Tethering - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > IP Address

IP Address Changing your IP address, multiple IPs, VPNs, hiding your IP, phone tethering, MiFi devices, hotspots and more.

Old 08-03-2017

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 67%
Default Re: Cell Phone Tethering

Quote:
I will forget how i did the first
Notepad, Pen, and a few step by step notes will do the trick After a few tries you'll get the hang of it.

Quote:
Now i remembered I forgot to set blocking pictures mode in Gmail and i hope it is not too late to set it up.
Not crucial, just a safety net. Google puts external images through their proxy servers anyway, so the sender can't capture sensitive details. But just disable external images to be safe if things change in the future.

Quote:
About the domestic shipping here in Bulgaria very few people use eBay for shopping
In that case, on your listing mention item can take 3 to 5 working days to arrive (in red and somewhere buyers will read it), and in the postage options set it to a 3 to 5 working day delivery service, but you send it next day delivery. That way the buyer will be happy if it arrives early, and if shipment gets delayed, the buyer will still get it on time.

So either way your covered. This is something I do with new accounts. Also entices buyers to leave positive feedback, which is an added bonus.
The Following User Says Thank You to Play For This Useful Post:
Aguero (08-05-2017)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-05-2017
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 41%

Sorry for late replay. I help with work on a village house.
Very good hints. I will set all of these thinks. Thanks

After i sent the item i always write an email to buyer to inform him that item was sent and to remind to leave a feedback. This works for me. They are feeling good to be informed personally by email. I mailed them by Gmail from a PC with burned IP, but i wrote your guide here that there is no problem with this, or may be to only to reply by mail, not from burned IP And i think when i have a few accounts it will be a lot easier to answer by email not logging in every account only for this.
Old 08-05-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguero View Post
Sorry for late replay. I help with work on a village house.
Very good hints. I will set all of these thinks. Thanks

After i sent the item i always write an email to buyer to inform him that item was sent and to remind to leave a feedback. This works for me. They are feeling good to be informed personally by email. I mailed them by Gmail from a PC with burned IP, but i wrote your guide here that there is no problem with this, or may be to only to reply by mail, not from burned IP And i think when i have a few accounts it will be a lot easier to answer by email not logging in every account only for this.
Your welcome

When you login to read, reply etc. for GMAIL messages, so long as you dont plan on clicking any links within the email, it doesn't matter what IP your using.

As of recent, there have been some users reporting when replying to ebay messages via gmail (which is fine to do), its not being sent successfully. Just bear that mind. To be 100% sure messages will go through, login to the ebay and then send messages (of course make sure IP is unique etc.).

You've pretty much mastered the basics of stealth though, so now is the time to get your hands dirty and crack on.

As you get started, you will probably be confused by a few things - this is where the help of this forum comes in handy.
Aguero (08-07-2017)
Old 08-07-2017
Threadstarter  

Thanks

I have answered by Gmail and Bulgarian abv.bg mail and there was no issue with receiving messages from buyers. If there was problem eBay sent automated email that saying that the email is not being sent successfully. When i try to send photos or other postal documents it is better for me to log in eBay.
I am wondering what is better when i have few accounts, to log in different time, to log in same time or this is not traceable and cant cause an issue ?

Lets work More gold is required
Old 08-07-2017

Quote:
I am wondering what is better when i have few accounts, to log in different time, to log in same time or this is not traceable and cant cause an issue ?
There's nothing at this moment that tracks this. In fact, I cannot foresee this being traceable in the near future even, since there are around 170 million eBay accounts. It would just be too difficult to process/compute similarity trends for all of those at the same time.

I could well be wrong, but either way, at this moment in time, its not something eBay or PayPal do. So you could login to all at the same time (i.e. different machines etc.) or one after another etc. - there's no issue with that.
Aguero (08-09-2017)
Old 08-09-2017

Longevity: 42%

Quote:
Thanks for quick response James : )

I want to use the phone only for hotspot and use internet connection with my PC. But i am a newbie with phone tethering and possible i was asked the question not in the clearest way. I read threads here but i am confused about what i need to set up correctly. I tested turning on/off airplane mode and it works. I have a phone with sim card but it was used before and there is suspended eBay account on it. May be it is better i don't use it for stealths ?

Put it in airplane mode. Usually gives you a new IP each time. Only used ify oure switching multiple accounts. If you just have one account, dont worry about it.

Im actually wondering this too since Im not an IT guy. Always wondered if they could see the phone ID . Not sure
Old 08-09-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by rookprop View Post
Put it in airplane mode. Usually gives you a new IP each time. Only used ify oure switching multiple accounts. If you just have one account, dont worry about it.

Im actually wondering this too since Im not an IT guy. Always wondered if they could see the phone ID . Not sure
Airplane mode on/off tends to generate a "different" IP. It doesn't necessarily always generate a "new" IP, so make sure you are still tracking IPs.

When tethering, websites cannot read phone details, such as the device ID, mac address etc. - they are simply getting the IP address, location, dns servers. So nothing that could "link" you per se.
Aguero (08-09-2017)
Old 08-09-2017
Threadstarter  

Very good news about logging to few accounts at same time is not an issue
This way it will be a lot faster to me to manage them.

It is better to track IPs when i use thetering because i think there is small chance to generate IP that i used before to my burned account. I am not sure IPs from thetering and IP for home internet from same internet provider can be the same at some moment. Anyway chance to blow it in this way is small, imo.

Excuse my English guys and thanks for your help
Old 08-09-2017

Quote:
I am not sure IPs from thetering and IP for home internet from same internet provider can be the same at some moment.
Unless your home internet provider is the same company as your mobile network, then no, you won't get same IPs.

But I still use the same spreadsheet to track IPs for all accounts, regardless of whether its home/office broadband, or tethering. It's just so much simpler, and avoids the risk of making mistakes (i.e. you paste your IP into tethering spreadsheet but you were actually using home broadband, and vice versa).

Your English is fine.
Aguero (08-13-2017)
Old 08-13-2017
Threadstarter  

Spreadsheet is a piece of gold. It is safest way when tethering when you can messed many IPs, imo.
Many thanks
Wish me luck with the first listing in stealth. I have few non stealth accounts closed after first listing. I am feeling that is a crucial moment in the whole process.
Old 08-13-2017

Good Luck Im sure you'll be fine.

Once you've got going, here are two threads I wrote that might come of use to make life a tad easier...

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/multipl...ficiently.html

and

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscri...ails-move.html

I suggest you read it after you've got going, otherwise too much information crammed in can confuse you.
Aguero (08-14-2017)
Old 08-13-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Spreadsheet is a piece of gold. It is safest way when tethering when you can messed many IPs, imo.
Many thanks
Wish me luck with the first listing in stealth. I have few non stealth accounts closed after first listing. I am feeling that is a crucial moment in the whole process.
Best of luck Aguero
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
Aguero (08-14-2017)
Old 08-14-2017
Threadstarter  

Thanks guys
Soon i will have news i hope good.

@Play
I have read the first thread and i have to read the second one A lot of info and i am on step by step mode
Old 08-14-2017

Great, no worries. As usual, if you have any questions feel free to ask.
Aguero (08-15-2017)
Old 08-15-2017
Threadstarter  

Thank, i wiill I asked a lot and it is not so comfortable to me now.
Today i tested tethering with 3g and was prety good speed. Next week i will find 4g phone to test and check both IPs pool.
Old 08-15-2017

Quote:
Thank, i wiill I asked a lot and it is not so comfortable to me now.
Today i tested tethering with 3g and was prety good speed. Next week i will find 4g phone to test and check both IPs pool.
Great.

Stick to 3G. It gives you IPs for both 3G and 4G. The speed is sufficient for browsing ebay/paypal etc.

4G has a restricted IP pool compared to 3G, and you don't need such fast speeds as all your doing is browsing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Play For This Useful Post:
Aguero (08-15-2017), metatrade (08-19-2017)
Old 08-15-2017
Threadstarter  

I read this in another thread and want to check it. I am paranoic. This is a good news i don't need i 4G phone But some of mobile internet providers told me that i strictly need a 4G phone. I am a little bit cunfused. This is normal situation i our country, you are paying for something and you never have clear and enough information about it.
Old 08-15-2017

Quote:
I read this in another thread and want to check it. I am paranoic. This is a good news i don't need i 4G phone But some of mobile internet providers told me that i strictly need a 4G phone. I am a little bit cunfused. This is normal situation i our country, you are paying for something and you never have clear and enough information about it.
Right yes, 3G is fine. I myself use 3G due to the vast IP pool.

I also noticed you mentioned you use a mobile phone, so I presume your tethering. There's nothing wrong with that per se, but I strongly recommend using a USB data dongle.

Not only does it make things easier, it prevents complications.

Example: If you accidentally have apps such as eBay, PayPal (probably even Gumtree who is also owned by ebay etc.) on your phone, and your tethering, then it will link all your accounts together since they all receive the same IP.

Now you wont find out about it until one gets suspended, and then the rest will follow suite.

Its a good idea to always keep things isolated. This is the premise of stealth.

Its not necessary, but its not worth risking either.
Aguero (08-15-2017)
Old 08-15-2017
Threadstarter  

Ok. Wich is better solution for not a tech guy like me, to use a brand new phone, never used for eBay and PayPal or try to find how it USB dongle data works ?
Old 08-15-2017

Quote:
Ok. Wich is better solution for not a tech guy like me, to use a brand new phone, never used for eBay and PayPal or try to find how it USB dongle data works ?
USB Dongle. They are much more simpler than a phone.

All you need is a Data SIM + a USB Data Dongle.

They look like this > http://bit.ly/2i3fmGq

You just plug sim in, plug USB into computer, it will install (if using it first time), then your done.

Each time you need a new IP, just unplug from USB, replug.
Some also have an interface, so you can reboot without disconnecting etc.

Overall, its the safest, easiest way forward. Takes out all the elements of risk.
Aguero (08-15-2017)
Old 08-15-2017
Threadstarter  

And they are cheaper too than cell phones.
I should install it on my stealth user account in windows? I don't get how computer find the network from USB, i have used before only Wi-Fi and direct cable internet at home.
Old 08-15-2017

Quote:
And they are cheaper too than cell phones.
I should install it on my stealth user account in windows? I don't get how computer find the network from USB, i have used before only Wi-Fi and direct cable internet at home.
When you connect USB to computer, it will install automatically. Unless a) they provide separate CD, then install from there, or b) if its plug and play, then no installation required.

You need to buy a data sim to put inside the USB dongle. It works like your phone, only difference is you can't make/receive phone calls. Just internet.
Aguero (08-16-2017)