eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   IP Address (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ip-address/)
-   -   Cell Phone Tethering (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ip-address/109185-cell-phone-tethering.html)

Aguero 07-25-2017 05:10 AM

Cell Phone Tethering

Hi guys,

I want to ask you do i need a brand new cell phone and will be a problem if sim card is on my name ? I don't know can they track this information and can this cause a leakage.

Thanks in advance

JamesNorth101 07-25-2017 06:16 AM

Re: Cell Phone Tethering

If you are using the browser on the phone you don't need a totally new phone, just a new browser will do :)

The SIM isn't a problem

Do not use the eBay & PayPal APP though!

Aguero 07-25-2017 06:34 AM

Thanks for quick response James : )

I want to use the phone only for hotspot and use internet connection with my PC. But i am a newbie with phone tethering and possible i was asked the question not in the clearest way. I read threads here but i am confused about what i need to set up correctly. I tested turning on/off airplane mode and it works. I have a phone with sim card but it was used before and there is suspended eBay account on it. May be it is better i don't use it for stealths ?

JamesNorth101 07-25-2017 06:39 AM

You just turn the phone hotspot on

Connect your PC to it

Make sure that the phone doesn't have the eBay or PayPal APP

Make sure your PC is set up correctly

Your set :)

Aguero 07-25-2017 06:43 AM

I will check if the phone does have the eBay or PayPal APP and i will uninstall it.
How to make sure my PC is set correctly ? Excuse me for dummie questions : )
I made a new user account in Windows.

JamesNorth101 07-25-2017 06:44 AM

Have a read through the stealth guide :)

That explains all the steps you need to follow

Aguero 07-25-2017 07:09 AM

I read it before. I should it read it again :) Which part exactly ?

JamesNorth101 07-25-2017 07:11 AM

The entire thing

That outlines all the details you need to take in order to prevent linking

Aguero 07-25-2017 07:13 AM

Ok. Thanks again :)

Play 07-25-2017 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aguero (Post 860883)
I will check if the phone does have the eBay or PayPal APP and i will uninstall it.

If it does have the apps, dont just uninstall it, but rather reset the phone to factory settings all traces of the apps are removed.

All the best :thumb:

Aguero 07-26-2017 07:08 AM

I'm obviously not a tech guy :d Thanks :thumb:

Play 07-26-2017 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aguero (Post 861165)
I'm obviously not a tech guy :d Thanks :thumb:

I can see your a subscribed VIP, so you've probably got the stealth guide. Read that thoroughly. If there's anything you dont understand, just ask on the forums.

Stealth is simple once you get the hang of it - it becomes common sense. But getting going can get tricky at times.

Aguero 07-27-2017 09:23 AM

Thanks for the courage. Sometimes it's really a bit difficult. My thoughts stop at times. Will renew my membershio asap.

Best of luck :thumb:

ScottieBoi 07-27-2017 02:46 PM

Other than the app, the only thing to worry about is repeated IP addresses. Create a spreadsheet and log every IP address under which account it was used for. Every time you connect, search the spreadsheet for that IP to see if it already belongs to an account.

Play 07-28-2017 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottieBoi (Post 861489)
Other than the app, the only thing to worry about is repeated IP addresses. Create a spreadsheet and log every IP address under which account it was used for. Every time you connect, search the spreadsheet for that IP to see if it already belongs to an account.

This premade spreadsheet by James will make life a lot easier - http://www.aspkin.com/forums/multipl...-stealths.html

No need for ctrl+f / searching. Just paste IP (ensuring no spaces before or after IP), and any duplicates will automatically highlight.

Aguero 07-29-2017 03:01 PM

Thanks a lot to all of you guys ! I will never forget people who gave me a hand in a moment like that.

One more and i hope last question, how can i be sure when using phone tethering/hot spot, that some of the IPs is not currently in use/will be used by some other eBay/PayPal client?

Cheers

Play 07-31-2017 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aguero (Post 861904)
Thanks a lot to all of you guys ! I will never forget people who gave me a hand in a moment like that.

One more and i hope last question, how can i be sure when using phone tethering/hot spot, that some of the IPs is not currently in use/will be used by some other eBay/PayPal client?

Cheers

You'll most likely be using IPs used by others, but that isn't an issue. You just need to ensure you don't link your accounts together using the same IPs. So keep track of them to ensure your accounts stay as isolated from one another as possible, so if one ever goes down, its minimises the risk of any others going down with it.

Aguero 08-02-2017 05:28 AM

Many thanks : )

I made new user acc in Windows, hot spot is ready, new pictures cleaned with BatchPurifier, new listing template. I hope i am on the right track.

Will update soon, i hope so : )

Play 08-02-2017 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aguero (Post 862658)
Many thanks : )

I made new user acc in Windows, hot spot is ready, new pictures cleaned with BatchPurifier, new listing template. I hope i am on the right track.

Will update soon, i hope so : )

The procedure you've mentioned is just one half of stealth.

The other half comes from listing low risk items, low value items, low quantity per listing (preferably 1 per listing), building feedback/rapport with ebay/paypal before increases sales volume etc. To put it in a nutshell, take it slow to begin with.

Other than that, I think your ready. Good Luck :thumb:

Aguero 08-02-2017 04:17 PM

Thanks for everything :)

I made few weeks browsing cookies history and i hope it is enough. I have found low risk items for the beginning. I plan to put one or max two listings per week, 1€ auctions with free shipping. Feedback will come very soon, i will ship to Europe. I will wait few nice votes and will start to make more listings with low risk items again. I hope to make 15-20 positive feedback for a month. I do not want to rush as you said, because i burned more than 5 eBay accounts before i start reading the forum and the stealth book. :doh:

Play 08-02-2017 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aguero (Post 862816)
Thanks for everything :)

I made few weeks browsing cookies history and i hope it is enough. I have found low risk items for the beginning. I plan to put one or max two listings per week, 1€ auctions with free shipping. Feedback will come very soon, i will ship to Europe. I will wait few nice votes and will start to make more listings with low risk items again. I hope to make 15-20 positive feedback for a month. I do not want to rush as you said, because i burned more than 5 eBay accounts before i start reading the forum and the stealth book. :doh:

That sounds good. Do the same with a few more accounts, that way if you make any mistakes on one account and lose it, it wont feel like having to start all over again (a mistake I made when I first started, and lost a fully fledged top rated seller account).

Also you said you will ship to Europe, I strongly suggest for the first few months, you stick to your own country. Usually shipping internationally can result in lost/delayed post, this will affect your account metrics. On an established account you can take a few hits, but on a new account, there is no room for error. Play it safe.

Other than that, you seem like your on track with the whole concept of stealth. Bravo! :thumb:

Aguero 08-03-2017 05:36 PM

These words give me more courage and confidence. Thanks again :)

I should make faster few other accounts. It is absolutely important in these moment for me. I will forget how i did the first :s I will try to find different low risk item for the other accounts. Now i remembered I forgot to set blocking pictures mode in Gmail and i hope it is not too late to set it up.

About the domestic shipping here in Bulgaria very few people use eBay for shopping, but a lot sell worldwide pretty good. With National post i have used for many years is fast to Europe and UK and the fees are normal. From few months i am using "next day shipping" and i think this is one of many important small steps to build an excellent feedback.

:thumb: