new ip address - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > IP Address

IP Address Changing your IP address, multiple IPs, VPNs, hiding your IP, phone tethering, MiFi devices, hotspots and more.

Old 08-18-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 87%
Default new ip address

hello all

just wanted to verify my finding today. every time i shut down and start up my computer, i get a new ip address. i take it this is a good thing right?

i am directly connected to my dsl, and i checked three times today after shutting my computer off, that each time the ip address changed and so did my "location"

just wanted to get some kind of confirmation on this. i also have bleachbit that cleans all of my cookies, virtual cookies, and personal info. i run that about every month

so far so good

thanks again guys
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-20-2009

Longevity: 87%

every time i shut down and start up my computer, i get a new ip address. i take it this is a good thing right?
Depends...it shows you have a dynamic ip (not necc. a problem) but why is your ip changing? Are you shutting off the dsl modem when you shut off your pc? The techies here will know better, but until your ip is released, you should still have the same ip addy. In theory, there's nothing wrong with a dynamic ip. Just make sure you keep a log not to get linked to a prev. suspended addy.

i am directly connected to my dsl, and i checked three times today after shutting my computer off, that each time the ip address changed and so did my "location"
If your ip changes significantly (unlikely), then location will also change similarly. If the ip is within a certain range and only the last few digits change, your location should still be very close or the same as your previous locations. Ex: My ip = xxx.xxx.aaa.bb - for me, if aaa & bb change, my location is still the same when I look do a ip lookup (I use verizon dsl). Again, in theory, there's nothing wrong with this. Keep a log.

just wanted to get some kind of confirmation on this. i also have bleachbit that cleans all of my cookies, virtual cookies, and personal info. i run that about every month

Never used the bleachbit prog, but pick a path and stick to it. It's been discussed b4. Either clear your cookies or don't. Try not to go back and forth, just asking for trouble in my opinion. You can set up diff windows user accts to get around this.

Termed
Old 08-22-2009
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 89%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampkiller View Post
hello all

just wanted to verify my finding today. every time i shut down and start up my computer, i get a new ip address. i take it this is a good thing right?

so far so good

thanks again guys
Hey is this works, stick to it. Just check on IPBurger.com when before you log on to different accounts and make sure everything switched. If it stays the same, then its time to dig deeper into the situation. But for now, just roll with it, no sense fixing something that isn't broken.
Old 08-22-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via Yahoo to philly387

I don't think you should be deleting your cookies every month. Unless you have to for some other reason but we have found out ebay does not like this. They love cookies!