Paypal tracking question - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > IP Address

IP Address Changing your IP address, multiple IPs, VPNs, hiding your IP, phone tethering, MiFi devices, hotspots and more.

Old 03-25-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 16%
Longevity: 91%
Default Paypal tracking question

I know that ebay tracks accounts using cookies, flash cookies and IP addresses.
My question is with regards to paypal. How do they track accounts? I know they use IP addresses and cookies - but do they use flash cookies as well? or is that something that only ebay does?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-25-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%

The same: same companies in any case. And paypal are nastier about using different computers for accessing accounts>
Old 03-25-2010
MU

Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

One thing I think many people overlook is that they can track with payments as well. For example, funneling money though many accounts and eventually into one...
Old 03-26-2010

Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by First Edition View Post
One thing I think many people overlook is that they can track with payments as well. For example, funneling money though many accounts and eventually into one...
how can they do that. would they lock you or do sumthin like limiting your account if you do that enough times? b/c i was thinking instead of withdrawing from one of my accounts i could just transfer everything into my own account with my paypal debit card. is this a bad idea?
Old 03-26-2010
MU

Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

Yes, it's a bad idea. This isn't a new idea, people have tried in the past, and you have to be very careful. Think about it... will a normal person make transactions to the same paypal account over and over again?
Old 03-27-2010

how would i get the money out of there then?
Old 03-28-2010

Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by First Edition View Post
Yes, it's a bad idea. This isn't a new idea, people have tried in the past, and you have to be very careful. Think about it... will a normal person make transactions to the same paypal account over and over again?

I have done this in the pass with some success. But what you do is put in the memo box and in the title - 2 Xbox Consoles, 2 Contr.,= $245.67 etc. so it looks like your buying stuff from someone. Also you can setup a free business website and add a cart and add to cart items then you can setup subscription payments to the same PP address. But that will cost you money.

The best way to do it is to open up several Personal Paypal accounts let them sit. Use one to add a Walmart money card so your verified because its free to send money when the money comes from your PayPal balance or a bank account. Now you send a big $1500 payment or what ever is close to the max. Let it set for a week then transfer it to your money card then close out the money card account after you receive the money but leave the PP account open but never use it again to transfer funds from your original PP account. Total money out $3 for the money card and no Paypal fees. Do this every 2-4 weeks as needed. Always remember to act like your buying something (maybe what your selling)(use the memo box) and never transfer all of your money leave a couple hundred and change in your original PP account.

This has worked for me in the past just know this might not work for anyone else at all. Always test any theory for yourself first using accounts that don't mean as much to you. My Paypal account is used to sending and receiving big payments so its not that usual for me to send or receive a $2000 payment. So I don't draw a red flag from Paypal when that happens. Your account may be different.

I also use the Paypal Security Key and this alone has keep me from getting limited I know for a fact it works. This Paypal account has survived 2 suspended Ebay accounts that used it and I have used it to buy things on 3 other different Ebay accounts.
Old 03-28-2010

Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Tall & Hungry View Post
I have done this in the pass with some success. But what you do is put in the memo box and in the title - 2 Xbox Consoles, 2 Contr.,= $245.67 etc. so it looks like your buying stuff from someone. Also you can setup a free business website and add a cart and add to cart items then you can setup subscription payments to the same PP address. But that will cost you money.

The best way to do it is to open up several Personal Paypal accounts let them sit. Use one to add a Walmart money card so your verified because its free to send money when the money comes from your PayPal balance or a bank account. Now you send a big $1500 payment or what ever is close to the max. Let it set for a week then transfer it to your money card then close out the money card account after you receive the money but leave the PP account open but never use it again to transfer funds from your original PP account. Total money out $3 for the money card and no Paypal fees. Do this every 2-4 weeks as needed. Always remember to act like your buying something (maybe what your selling)(use the memo box) and never transfer all of your money leave a couple hundred and change in your original PP account.

This has worked for me in the past just know this might not work for anyone else at all. Always test any theory for yourself first using accounts that don't mean as much to you. My Paypal account is used to sending and receiving big payments so its not that usual for me to send or receive a $2000 payment. So I don't draw a red flag from Paypal when that happens. Your account may be different.

I also use the Paypal Security Key and this alone has keep me from getting limited I know for a fact it works. This Paypal account has survived 2 suspended Ebay accounts that used it and I have used it to buy things on 3 other different Ebay accounts.
Can you elaborate what you meant by this underlined above?
Old 03-28-2010

Longevity: 84%

Yeah let me know to, what the heck is a paypal security key, never heard of it.
Old 03-28-2010
Banned

Lol it's a option in your PayPal account that lets you do fraud filtering. Check it out.
Old 03-28-2010
MU

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuntz View Post
Yeah let me know to, what the heck is a paypal security key, never heard of it.
It's like a beeper that generates a code so you can access the account. The idea is that only the account holder has it. The code is random each time.
Old 03-28-2010

I need to look more into this but what ever it is, as long as it reduces the risk of limitations, I'm up for it!
Old 03-28-2010
MU

They have to mail it to you. I don't know if it reduces limitations.... but I have a feeling they could triangulate the location of many of these.
Old 05-05-2010

Hey guys, all this information im getting from reading this forum is so helpful. wish i had known this 2months ago. I got my 2nd account suspended few days ago and running out of options. so i cant afford for the 3rd one to get caught by ebay, so i have to do it right this time.
I got 2 questions....(1) I know they can track you by your IP and IPS address, but what about your gateway address, is that possibly also?? and if so. can i change my gateway address. (2) I see yall talkin about getting a new bank card and account, so i was wondering if paypal dont check your name and address?. yes, the bank card and acc# will be different but my name will be the same as my old account. Or is it that they cant go by the name because there is quite "john doe" out there with the same name?..let me know plz