Change Cell phone ip address? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > IP Address

IP Address Changing your IP address, multiple IPs, VPNs, hiding your IP, phone tethering, MiFi devices, hotspots and more.

Old 04-16-2010
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Default Change Cell phone ip address?

So im trying to avoid the hassle of resetting the router which is difficult with fios... at work that ip is linked to my main account, i only have 1 extra account and it's my gf's.. the problem is the ip address i use with hers is the cell phone via tether.. i have a win mo phone so i run the wifi router... with a different computer login for her.. i did think the aol software worked, but i guess after reading it doesn't. So now, im stuck with having to use tethering. Any tips on resetting the ip incase i want to make a 3rd account?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-16-2010

Longevity: 85%

I use my phone to tether between different accounts, I love it All I do to switch the ip is disconnect the phone from the computer, turn off the app I use to tether (PdaNet), go into my phone's settings, turn OFF the mobile internet, then turn it back on, turn back on the app, connect back to the computer. PIECE OF CAKE, and only takes about 90 Seconds.
The Following User Says Thank You to Eye Candy Lingerie For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2010
MU

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

Usually all it takes with mobile broadband is to reset the connection

Don't forget about dial up
Old 06-09-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 82%

Eye Candy,

Do you change the MAC address on your computer when you do this?

Or do you simply disconnect phone, turn off tether app, turn off internet on phone, then reset everything and you get a new IP?
Old 06-09-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 81%

i tether as well. so far so good. except signal at my house is horrible. so it's slow switching between all the accounts
Old 06-09-2010
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

Tether is good, and always a new IP on reconnect, though as bizzy said 3G is slow sometime. It's the cheapest way to go if you already have a smart phone.
Old 12-06-2010

Longevity: 80%

it is awfully slow
Old 12-07-2010

Longevity: 83%

If your windows mobile phone has an airplane mode this is the easiest option to refresh your connection and get a new ip. based on your provider you may have a limited ip pool.
some providers will recycle the same 5 ips on your phone. so when tethering go to aspkins IPBurger.com or ipchicken.com and check the ip address to make sure u are tracking the ip's you are using on which accounts. you do not want to link them by accident.

on iphone: u can refresh by putting it on airplane mode for 5 secs and then flipping back on. If you jail break ur phone with certain modded firmware you can tether for free on tmobile.

otherwise you can download an app from the Appstore: IPManager
this app allows you to see you internal and external ip address. you can tracking your ip's used in this app and also get a new one with the click of a button. I think the app is .99 cents

otherwise Pdanet is good options i have used this on and off for years. Free

if u wanna pay a little you can use: Myfi 2.0

Turns ur Android or Iphone in a wifi hotspot router and 5 devices can connect to it.
There is a hack to getting it free but is not easy you have to know comp pretty well.

otherwise the App is $19.99 on time fee but then u have a 5 device wifi hotspot router for free as long as you have data on her phone. This is without have to pay the 4g $30 wifi hotspot fee on sprint or verizon. or a $15 - $20 fee per month for limited data tethering on att.

Mifi 2.0 is created by Rock, a jailbreak app that allowed iphone users to install free software on their iphones and mod it. Now Rock app and Mifi is owned by the Iphone Dev team to created jail breaking and the pwnge apps.

Anyway it's pretty cool. and does what u need and more.

so there are just some details and options

have any questions about tethering drop them here.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to newtools For This Useful Post:
Sandy D (08-27-2011)
Old 12-28-2010

I have the G2 (t mobile phone) too & im having a problem tethering.

Im using PDAnet. Ive tried to disconnect the battery, turn off wifi, turn off the mobile network (then turn it back on), and restarting the whole phone.

Every time I do this and check my ip address, Its the same!

I have two separate accounts and this would be very helpful.

Can someone help me?
Old 12-28-2010
MU

Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

t mobile has to help you with this one. It is very likley that you have a Static IP address. You may be able to call a tech in customer service and ask them if you have a Static IP address in your billing codes, or ask them to make it dynamic. Or you may just be sol

Your network in this case determines your ip address, not your equipment. Are you in a 4g area with t mobile?

Just go get a verizon air card.... or sprint
Old 12-28-2010

Longevity: 79%

So is there any other necessary changes u have to do your iPhone in order not to be linked besides changing the IP? Does eBay record the actual device? Does Amazon? I was thinking about just getting another smart phone since my Amazon acct has been suspended.:-( What should I do?
Old 12-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by First Edition View Post
t mobile has to help you with this one. It is very likley that you have a Static IP address. You may be able to call a tech in customer service and ask them if you have a Static IP address in your billing codes, or ask them to make it dynamic. Or you may just be sol

Your network in this case determines your ip address, not your equipment. Are you in a 4g area with t mobile?

Just go get a verizon air card.... or sprint
I was trying to avoid getting an additional service all together.

But, yes i am in the 4G area.

I also tried switching to the 2G, just to see what happens, same result.
Old 12-28-2010
MU

I'm sure it's something in the billing then... the network controls your ip.. something to do with the switch. Sounds like it's not changeable.

hardtobelegit - I believe your iphone will store cookies and flash objects (is it flash capable?) just like a computer, so you'll also need to clear these out on each login.

Tethering is great in a pinch, but I wouldn't rely on it for regular business.
Old 01-02-2011

Longevity: 83%

it could be the network address being used in your data config. APN

for T-mobile try this: internet2.voicestream.com

this is a slightly older address but works well. I have an unlocked/ jailbroken iphone on t - mobile for years.

Then use IPmanager - to check, track and change ur ip with the click of a button.

or go to - Settings airport mode - click on , wait 5 secs, click on. this will reset the network adapter
Old 09-17-2011

Longevity: 73%

turn phone off

turn back on?
Old 09-17-2011
MU

It may take pulling of the battery, that's almost a guaranteed way to reset the ip. But you still need to check to see what it is first.
Old 01-04-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 54%
Default Re: Change Cell phone ip address?

Does this information all stand for Canada? I want to make sure I am not connected with my iPhone to old accounts. I was using it with the app, which i deleted. Is there anyway to know it is secure and not linked with my old accounts? I am not really tech savvy so please dumb it down for me. Thanks!
Old 01-04-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%
Default Re: Change Cell phone ip address?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnu View Post
Does this information all stand for Canada? I want to make sure I am not connected with my iPhone to old accounts. I was using it with the app, which i deleted. Is there anyway to know it is secure and not linked with my old accounts? I am not really tech savvy so please dumb it down for me. Thanks!
The problem is as follows:
1. You used the app but have no idea which IPs were used with the app.
Recommendation: Switch IPs a few times before using your phone again.

2. Do not ever use the App again with the same phone.

3. If you do use your phone, best to use a Browser or three, also your going to want to religiously change AND log each IP change when logging into your accounts.
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
nearnu (01-04-2015)