I'm pulling my hair out trying to change IP - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > IP Address

IP Address Changing your IP address, multiple IPs, VPNs, hiding your IP, phone tethering, MiFi devices, hotspots and more.

Old 05-05-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
Default I'm pulling my hair out trying to change IP

I have clear as my internet provider...right now I have the little doohickey that plugs into the side of my computer in order to get wireless. I also have a little tower that has a power cord that runs into the wall and then an E cord that runs from tower to computer. I decided that I will probably use the little doohickey more because I am on my laptop and want to be portable.

I've typed the 192.168.0.1 and router.com or whatever that is....it just gave me a whoops....did you make a mistake page.

I tried the config stuff...no change. I'm sure it's me; I'm missing something. I chatted with Clear and they said I have a dynamic IP...that's what I want right? Please help
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-05-2011

Try changing the last two numbers on the routers mac. Then reset it that should work.
Old 05-05-2011
Threadstarter  

I can't get to the routers mac....no idea how to do any of this. I read stealth over and over...I'm computer illiterate.
Old 05-05-2011

Well then can u teather ur cell phone thats a nother good way. Or even get a wirless hotspot from like verizon or sprint like a 4 g one. Thats what i do.
Old 05-05-2011
Threadstarter  

I guess I'm screwed...I have no idea what any of that means.
Old 05-05-2011

U can also but another router and each time u put the new router on the internet u will get a new ip.
Old 05-05-2011

Should have asked do u have a wirless router?
If so i know netgear ones u can spoof the mac and it works really good.
Old 05-05-2011
Threadstarter  

I don't know what a wireless router looks like. I have a toshiba laptop that is not even a year old....I subscribe to Clear.....it's a little piece that plugs into the side of my computer. Is that a wireless router?
Old 05-05-2011

Clear sounds like a wirless dongle. Can u unplug it and then plug itnback in and see if that works. If not i dont know what u could do other then call clear and tell them u need a new ip cus ur connection keeps droping and is very slow.
Old 05-05-2011
Threadstarter  

I tried to unplug and then reconnect...still same IP. I called Clear and they said you can't change IP address because it comes from the tower...whatever that means.
Old 05-05-2011

Ur best bet thewould be to get a diffrent internet provider. I would go to sprint or verizon or tmoble or att and look at the 4g internet they offer. I know that evry time u unplug them u get a new ip address and an added thing is u can get internet anywere because its over a 4g signal. Just like a cell phone. Sorry i couldent be more help.
The Following User Says Thank You to nak For This Useful Post:
no_rat_race_for_me_thx (05-06-2011)
Old 05-05-2011
Threadstarter  

I just saw a post when I did a search that said the clear 3g/4g stick will change the address everytime it is plugged back in...but that didn't work for me. I wonder if I just didn't leave it out long enough?
Old 05-06-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 9%
Longevity: 76%

Clear was ClearWire, the providers of WiMAX for Sprint and others. I have been wanting to test their service because I am not sure their procedures work the same as a simple 3G dongle from other major cellphone providers.

I would suggest to cancel your service and get something that is much easier to understand until you have some better experience. Virgin Mobile is available at Wal-Mart 24/7 and can be setup in minutes for $50/month unlimited service. I highly recommend them.
Old 05-06-2011
Threadstarter  

Ok, I guess I'll do that because nothing I have tried is working. I just a contract with these people a few months ago, so it's going to be a mess I'm sure. I left it out overnight and still the same IP address. Thanks for the help.
Old 05-06-2011

to get out of the contract just tell them you have had horrible signal and you are always getting booted off the net. tell them you waited this long because you thought it would improve but it has just got worse. tell them it just will not work for you and you need out of your contract because it is not worth you time or money to keep this service going. They will most likely let you out without having you pay an early termination fee. but be very nice to them. Kill them with kindness and you will win.
Old 05-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by nak View Post
to get out of the contract just tell them you have had horrible signal and you are always getting booted off the net. tell them you waited this long because you thought it would improve but it has just got worse. tell them it just will not work for you and you need out of your contract because it is not worth you time or money to keep this service going. They will most likely let you out without having you pay an early termination fee. but be very nice to them. Kill them with kindness and you will win.
I was able to get out of my Verizon contract for this very reason, no trouble at all getting out of it.
Old 05-06-2011
Red X

Longevity: 0%

No one here is breaking it down for you, so i just sent you a private message. I feel when someone needs help they need to know how to do things step by step. I hate it when people tell you something, but don't explain, or break it down for the person to better understand it.

Check your private message, I'll help you.
Old 05-06-2011
Threadstarter  

Hi I did see your message and thank you. I have AT&T cell phone currently and just called them and added the broadband 4G stick to my account. It's coming in the mail. I hope the way I handled it will be ok. eBay can't track my service with AT&T can they? I can cancel if this was not good. Someone had mentioned AT&T in an above post. Let me know what you think. This phonemic linked with my paypal and eBay accounts but I didn't think it could be seen from a new ip address.
Old 05-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom24kids View Post
Hi I did see your message and thank you. I have AT&T cell phone currently and just called them and added the broadband 4G stick to my account. It's coming in the mail. I hope the way I handled it will be ok. eBay can't track my service with AT&T can they? I can cancel if this was not good. Someone had mentioned AT&T in an above post. Let me know what you think. This phonemic linked with my paypal and eBay accounts but I didn't think it could be seen from a new ip address.
I had trouble with my modem/router as well. I went out and got virgin mobile 3g broadband took about 10 minutes to set up and logged onto internet with no issues. logged on/off a few times and each time got new IP address. That should fix all your issues