Trying to change IP address - - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > IP Address

IP Address Changing your IP address, multiple IPs, VPNs, hiding your IP, phone tethering, MiFi devices, hotspots and more.

Old 10-04-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
Default Trying to change IP address -

Hello there

I have purchased the stealth guide and am working through step 2 - changing IP address.

I have BT Business Broadband. I have been able to log into my router, but I cannot find anywhere to change the MAC address.

There is a button to reset the IP address. When I hit this button and do the check on IPBurger, I can confirm that it has changed the IP address. Is this enough though if I have not changed the MAC address?

Also, as I have BT Business Broadband, I am also able to change my internet connection to connect via BT Fusion. Doing this also gives me a different IP address.

Can I be happy that if I alternate between connecting to BT Business Broadband and BT Fusion, which each have a different IP address, I will not get linked if I run different paypal accounts on each of the two connections?

Thanks so much for your help.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-04-2011

Longevity: 72%

Here are some options.......

Check your ip @ IPBurger.com and make sure to write it down so you know if it has changed or not.

1. Unplug modem for a couple minutes and then plug back in

2. If that doesnt work, you may need to leave it unplugged for an hour or more. For myself I had to leave it unplugged for over 24 hours. Your given a new IP Address depending on the lease time your service provider has set. It happens in .002 seconds, so in order for this to happen, you modem need to be unplugged, to gain the new IP.

3. If neither of these work, the last resort it to physically call your service provider.

FYI: Make sure your internet is dynamic, NOT static. Most are dynamic, but if you want to be 100% certain, once again call you internet service provider.
Old 10-04-2011

I noticed you are also new, so you may want to just search around here in the forums as this has been covered to the max, and many people are going to be reluctant to even respond.
Old 10-04-2011
Threadstarter  

Thanks for replies

I can confirm that my IP address has changed (I think I said that in my post) ... I just need to know if the MAC address has to change as well, as I cannot seem to get that to change?

Cheers
Old 10-04-2011

Longevity: 75%

Opinion is that EB does not check MAC address

Amazon does

Which venue are you playing on?

Old 10-04-2011

I would change your mac address anyways. This can be done is seconds and there are plenty of tutorials out there.
Old 10-04-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShootingStar View Post
I would change your mac address anyways. This can be done is seconds and there are plenty of tutorials out there.
Until the OP states his overall comfort in running his sytem in stealth mode, I would not add changing a MAC address.

Down the line it might be considered. For the moment ebay/paypal are not suggesting to our research changing MAC address is warranted.

And seriously, suggesting plenty of tutorials out there could create more harm than good for the user..... he might pick the incorrect one.

We all have vastly different levels of understanding of computer usage
Old 10-05-2011

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsub View Post
Hello there

I have purchased the stealth guide and am working through step 2 - changing IP address.

I have BT Business Broadband. I have been able to log into my router, but I cannot find anywhere to change the MAC address.

There is a button to reset the IP address. When I hit this button and do the check on IPBurger, I can confirm that it has changed the IP address. Is this enough though if I have not changed the MAC address?

Also, as I have BT Business Broadband, I am also able to change my internet connection to connect via BT Fusion. Doing this also gives me a different IP address.

Can I be happy that if I alternate between connecting to BT Business Broadband and BT Fusion, which each have a different IP address, I will not get linked if I run different paypal accounts on each of the two connections?

Thanks so much for your help.

Your are dead right in what you doing.

does your router have open zone ? i think it should if you have fusion

if it does then when you use your free login details to connect to open zone you can connect as many PCs/phones as you like and they will all have different i.p address and each will get a different one each time you log on and off and no conflicts at all, trust me i have been looking and using this way for a good few months now

i have never had the same i.p twice on 4 computers.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stigger For This Useful Post:
GrannyT (10-05-2011), GreenBean (10-05-2011), jsub (10-05-2011)
Old 10-05-2011
Threadstarter  

Excellent, this is a great reply, thank you.

Yes, I do have OpenZone.

So, the best way to setup laptop in my household is to log onto the wireless through OpenZone, I can do that. Does that mean I do not have to worry about changing the MAC address?

For others, I am looking to setup a stealth eBay and Paypal account. I have been suspended from Paypal for linked accounts now 3 times (and hence my purchase of the stealth guide!). I have never been suspended from eBay though, but will setup a new stealth eBay account for all future selling with my stealth paypal account.
Old 10-05-2011

Longevity: 79%

do you see btfon too ?

the best way would be to change the i.p range as you will keep your full speeds.

nifty thing is you can change the whole ip range in the user interface under, settings, advanced setting, home/business network, ip addresses, changing things there will make sure you do not get the same i.p as you did on the old i.p range. BT is a stealths dream.

If you running more than one account then, If you have two computers, connect one the usual way then connect the other though open-zone or btfon (as you can use both) and goto ipbuger.com or whatsmyip.org on both computers and you will see both have different I.P's, now connect both through open-zone and do the same again and you will see you have different i.p's.

if you have 3 computers, you can connect one as normal, one to open-zone and one to btfon or all 3 to open-zone or all 3 to btfon or 2 to 1 and 1 to the other and they will have different i.p's
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1019.jpg (16.7 KB, 4 views)

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 10-05-2011

Longevity: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TizWoz View Post
Your are dead right in what you doing.

does your router have open zone ? i think it should if you have fusion

if it does then when you use your free login details to connect to open zone you can connect as many PCs/phones as you like and they will all have different i.p address and each will get a different one each time you log on and off and no conflicts at all, trust me i have been looking and using this way for a good few months now

i have never had the same i.p twice on 4 computers.
He night be catakerous at times but isn't he a sweetie? Very knowledgeable TizWoz and I for one appreciate you sharing your knowledge here
The Following User Says Thank You to GrannyT For This Useful Post:
Stigger (10-05-2011)
Old 10-05-2011
Threadstarter  

I second that thanks ... awesome ... much appreciated
The Following User Says Thank You to jsub For This Useful Post:
Stigger (10-05-2011)
Old 01-16-2012

Longevity: 78%

Out of interest, are you able to log on to Openzone because as part of your package you are given a log-in for it?

I have a BT Business router (found in recycling) but Plusnet as provider but (third but) runs on a BT line.. I might see if I can still provide an Openzone connection through the router. Thing is, I'd probably have to sign up with openzone separately and pay to use it... maybe that's the answer though (I'm already paying for mobile broadband for stealth)

Other thing about setting up your own Openzone.. Can't anyone use it and therefore, one day, someone might use an IP address that you have once used too and then use eB/PP and you'll be linked to this stranger? Or are we risking that this scenario is low probability?

I'm supposedly able to use Openzone with my o2 PAYG SIM but it won't work on my phone or dongle. Basically the Unlimited Wifi o2 advertise is a bit of a lie - only really works on iPhones and some HTCs.

Annoying as there are several BT Fons and Openzones available throughout my flat.... maybe I should subscribe actually!
Old 02-23-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

with open zone does it still give you an ip address in your town or does it give a diff ip address for somewhere else
Old 02-25-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 70%

what gb on a dongle is good to run multiple accounts ?

also shall i buy one of ebay or buy from 3 store ?

Thanks in advance