if I change my router will it change my ip address? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > IP Address

IP Address Changing your IP address, multiple IPs, VPNs, hiding your IP, phone tethering, MiFi devices, hotspots and more.

Old 03-30-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
Default if I change my router will it change my ip address?

I am having trouble changing my IP address

Someone told me that if I change my router, it will automatically change my IP address.

I am just wondering if this will really work before I go purchase a few new routers.

Any input would be helpful.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-09-2012

Longevity: 70%
Wink if I change my router will it change my ip address?

Yes it's true!
You don't have to get a new router, just contact your router company, and they will walk you through changing the ip. I just did it with Belkin.

But you can not log on from your desktop
unless you change that ip address.

Also, if your desktop ip address is Static you can change it but, if it's Dynamic (i.e. Comcast) you can't. It's been said if you unplug your modem for 24hrs, it should change on it's own. It didn't work for me so, I bought a new modem.
Good luck
Old 02-09-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

You can alter the routers mac. This is the same thing as a new router, without buying one.

Its very very easy. You just go into the routers settings and change the mac address. There are some good guides somewhere on here on how to do this...

type 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 into your browser to bring up router settings
Old 02-09-2012

Longevity: 72%

yes it is correct.
Old 02-16-2012

I bought a new router and still stuck with the same old IP address. Can't seem to get it to change at all.
Old 02-16-2012

I'm with Talk Talk business and it turns out they give a Static IP address as standard.

Therefore I wasn't able to change the MAC address in the router settings, and getting a new router didn't work either.

I rang them and asked for a new IP address and they have done that with no problems at all. Now I have a completely different IP address that isn't even remotely like my old one :D

Have also asked for it to be made dynamic so I can change it for different accounts if I want to open more than one.
Old 04-03-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

hey soopa if your using windows go to the start window and open it up go to the find bar type in "cmd" a window will pop up you will then type in "ipconfig /release" after it drops the line of the command you just entered you need to unplug your router and the connection to the computer being made, so your doing 2 things here your unplugging the router from the power source and you are will removing which ever way the CPU is connecting to the net, you will the need to shutdown your machine and then power it back on enabling which ever way it connects to the net back in/on and also turning your router back on then go back into the start windows and type in cmd and then do "ipconfig /release" type in "ipconfig /renew"

please understand this will only work with certain service providers, if this does not work i will explain another way. There will be a very simple how to coming along
Old 04-03-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Hey Canna....I to have suddenly come up with this issue as well. I had no problem changing the IP before, but yesterday my internet provider came to upgrade the internet speed and now when I change out routers it does not change. I have done just about everything possible I know how. I do know its dynamic. What was the "other" way you were going to talk about? Thank you so much
Old 04-03-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

I am starting a sticky thread and am in the mix of writing up a how-to guide for every type of connection, what type of connection do you have? what service do you have? Do you have access to the router settings? What type of operating system are you running, ie; windows, mac, android, unix,solaris? do you need to change you IP or your mac or both?

My other method is using a software called VMware and it allows you to run multiple operating systems on your main CPU i suggest you have atleast 1GB of ram, I have 32GB of G-Skill and a i5 sandy unclocked quad core running with windows 7 and 5TB's of space running the vmware on my SSD which is a faster hard drive then your basic hard drive. enough about my cpu, you can install vmware and use any operating system you wish, if you are familiar with linux it is a lot easier to spoof your ip and mac via linux but it can also be done with windows. I prefer using vmware because were able to have multiple systems running and operating multiple accounts without having to change router settings, etc... but for now if you want do this;

1. go to start and type "cmd" where you would to search for files
2. once prompted with the command prompt type in "ipconfig /release"
3. unplug your connection to the internet and shutdown your cpu, you MUST shut down and not reboot.
4. UNPLUG the power source for your router, you must unplug it and not just power it off with the on/off toggle. IF YOU CAN UNPLUG THE SOURCE OF THE INTNERT, IT USUALLY IS LOCATED OUTSIDE OR INSIDE YOUR HOUSE WITHIN A BOX AND USUALLY CONTROLS ALL YOUR CABLE BOXES OR PHONE SYSTEMS BUT TRY AND DO THIS AS I FOUND THIS MOST EFFECTIVE.
5. power back on your cpu
6. type in "cmd" again and repeat step 2
7. type "ipconfig /renew" in the command prompt
8. plug back the internet connection and plug the router back on.
9. repeat step 2 again
10. repeat step 7 again

now check your ip it should have changed, if this does not work you need to follow steps 1-4 and do not touch anything for 2-4 hours (MAKE SURE THE SOURCE OF THE INTERNET) IS ALSO UNPLUGGED FOR THE DURATION) depending on your lease with your provider. that should change your ip guaranteed, if it does not which i highly doubt PM me, make sure to take down your current ip address and mac address prior to doing this method. You can use ipbuger(dot)com to check your ip and to check your mac address type "ipconfig /all" in the command prompt, if you do all that work and don't remember your old information you will be pissed trust me I've forgot before.

I still suggest using VMware but until i finish my howto try those methods.

Last edited by Cannabidiol; 04-03-2012 at 08:28 PM. Reason: MISSED AN IMPORTANT TIP
Old 04-03-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

Did you see this Sticky in the ebay tracking section?

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tr...ght=controlled

Instead of buying a new router entirely, spoof the mac.

Last edited by TGMT²; 05-22-2012 at 02:18 AM.
Old 04-03-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burst View Post
Did you see this Sticky in the ebay tracking section?

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tr...ght=controlled

Instead of buying a new router entirely, spoof the mac.
how about if have a dynamic ip that is not allowed to be cloned via your service provider? or if you have a static one with the same issue? mac cloning will not work if that is the case, instead you can potentially screw up your router if you don't know what your doing and those instructions don't give any detail on a step by step and plus a screenshot or 2 would be good... if that was me and i was in the middle of attempting to use that method and it don't work because cloning ins't allowed i would attempt to do what ever is being suggested to me such as buying a new router and that is why i am writing a step by step howto along with screenshots for every command being executed, the only operating system i have not mastered almost every hole or trick to is mac leopard... but i have 2 up and running and have been debugging the software to ensure my security along with beta testing a program i am making for manipulating the eth0 connection which is your main connection to the internet if you did not already know. I am going to be writing a program to us here also to clone and manipulate MACS an IP addresses.

Last edited by TGMT²; 05-22-2012 at 02:19 AM.